BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-30-2009, 02:47 PM   #45
bbadillo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 Black 135i, JB+

@ 91 octaine. How far of a setting can I put the dial on?

Only have 91 out here
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 06:21 PM   #46
AZ135
REALTOR
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Jag XF Supercharged

Quote:
@ 91 octaine. How far of a setting can I put the dial on?

Only have 91 out here
75% max on 91
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2009, 12:23 PM   #47
shwettee
BMW For Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Alpine White/Red

Quote:
TMc135
Did you guys remove the air intake box? If so, do you have to or has anyone done it without removing it? I read the directions on the Burger site and it shows it removed but looks like a hassle to do so. Just thinking if I want/need to remove it quickly on the fly I need to pull everything apart. On the contrary, it looks like switching out the intake for one of BMS provides more room and may not require removal - yes/no? Thanks for your input guys.
Hey TMc135,
Not sure if you installed your jb+ yet but what I did originally was unbolt the power steering reservoir ahead of the driver's shock tower and reach through the space left after the hoses are moved. It's still a hassle but less work than removing the air box.
Since then I have installed the afe dual cone which allows access to the tmap without removal of any cone. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2009, 01:59 PM   #48
bbadillo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 Black 135i, JB+

lol, it was a pain in the butt, not only would my air box not want to come off( the left back plug just wouldnt budge,,, also my tmap sensor would not unclip, i spent forever with the usb plug... eventually i pushed hard and the clip broke lol,, thank god for friction eh instructions..
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 02:28 AM   #49
135ARG
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

If you remove the tune will it go completely back to normal?
any risks of damaging the engine or anything?
is it completely undetectable by dealer?
whats the diff with the split second tuner found in bavauto.com?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 06:14 AM   #50
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135ARG View Post
If you remove the tune will it go completely back to normal?
any risks of damaging the engine or anything?
is it completely undetectable by dealer?
whats the diff with the split second tuner found in bavauto.com?
Once removed the car is back to stock. The one major advantage of the JB+ other then the obvious price difference is that it is adjustable in terms that you can adjust it from about 2-5PSI above stock and it is upgradable in terms that when new software for the JB+ is released it can easilly be replaced with a simple chip swap.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 07:59 AM   #51
135ARG
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

What about it's effects on the engine and issues with the dealership?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 12:37 PM   #52
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135ARG View Post
What about it's effects on the engine and issues with the dealership?
No real effect unless a code is thrown. I had my car in recently with the JB3 on and they did not care. If there are codes then it can be an issue but that is why you should look into the BT tool to erase them. If you are worried then you just take it off before taking it in. Not a hard job at all
      10-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #53
jose100fires
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i/ Montego Blau

Brad,

You seem to know what you are talking about - I currently have the jb2 on my 135 with an exhaust and fresh air mod (solenoid bypass as well). I would like to upgrade to gain some power.

1. If I read the thread correctly, if I keep it to level 8, I shouldn't throw a code, correct?

2. What boost is the JB2?

3. Since this is a different type of mod than the JB2 that goes through the ECU and instead goes through the TMAP (right?), will I notice any other differences other than a power gain? I am concerned about any negative results, that is, less power in the lower rpms? Rough idle, ect...

4. At level 8, what kind of power gain (seat of pants) will I notice? The difference that I feel between stock and my JB2 is what I would call considerable.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Jose
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 11:44 PM   #54
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose100fires View Post
Brad,

You seem to know what you are talking about - I currently have the jb2 on my 135 with an exhaust and fresh air mod (solenoid bypass as well). I would like to upgrade to gain some power.

1. If I read the thread correctly, if I keep it to level 8, I shouldn't throw a code, correct?

2. What boost is the JB2?

3. Since this is a different type of mod than the JB2 that goes through the ECU and instead goes through the TMAP (right?), will I notice any other differences other than a power gain? I am concerned about any negative results, that is, less power in the lower rpms? Rough idle, ect...

4. At level 8, what kind of power gain (seat of pants) will I notice? The difference that I feel between stock and my JB2 is what I would call considerable.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Jose
The Jb2 is not something I sell so I am not that familiar with it but it is a moderate tune so boost isnt increased that much like 2-3psi. the JB+ can go up to 5psi over stock and yes it is hooked to the TMAP. I assume yours is the simple pinout stage 2? You may notice a difference with the JB+ at 75% over the JB2 but I cant say for sure. It would be more likely you would see a bigger gain seat of the pants with the JB3 on map 3 and 5. the power delivery is way different as well. It is not just turning up the boost but an overall more tailored tune for part and wot throttle as well as response and smoother delivery. If you want to call me with any questions feel free to.

Here is a dyno graph showing the gains from stage 1 to stage 2 from stock on an auto 335i http://www.burgertuning.com/images/dyno1.jpg