BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-08-2011, 11:42 PM   #1
1VOM
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M, 2014 R8 V10 Plus

Finally got my hands on a 1M!

I found a few dealerships who claimed to have allocations still available for later this year and I will post those up tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Last edited by 1VOM; 06-10-2011 at 04:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 11:52 PM   #2
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Nice job.. congratulations... you'll have to see some of the other threads, but no, Valencia Orange is not over the top .. Fire Orange (M3 GTS) is.... but not VO.

Please post the open allocations in the thread that has already been started here

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=541611
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 11:55 PM   #3
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by frick38 View Post
After calling about 100 dealerships throughout the U.S. I was able to find myself a VO 1M that should be at my door in about 30 days! I found a few dealerships who claimed to have allocations still available for later this year and I will post those up tomorrow if anyone is interested. I do have one question for those who have a 1M in VO. I have read some threads about the 1M getting a lot of attention on the street to begin with... but does the VO put the attention over the top? I'm slightly apprehensive of the color choice atm.
I have seen all three colors and orange is not over the top but you can spot it a mile away! The green Cayman R color is over the top as is the light emerald metallic in Mazdaspeed 3, but VO is awright!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 12:40 AM   #4
lhsa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: kia

+1 on seeing open allocations!

Quote:
After calling about 100 dealerships throughout the U.S. I was able to find myself a VO 1M that should be at my door in about 30 days! I found a few dealerships who claimed to have allocations still available for later this year and I will post those up tomorrow if anyone is interested. I do have one question for those who have a 1M in VO. I have read some threads about the 1M getting a lot of attention on the street to begin with... but does the VO put the attention over the top? I'm slightly apprehensive of the color choice atm.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 03:30 AM   #5
DooBs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe 697/740

you Just called in and getting your car in 30 days... Lucky guy. If you don't mind me asking ... Price? Over MSRP?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 09:02 AM   #6
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooBs View Post
you Just called in and getting your car in 30 days... Lucky guy. If you don't mind me asking ... Price? Over MSRP?

He didn't " just call in".... He made ONE HUNDRED CALLS. Big difference.

Papethova has been saying for weeks that allocations can be found and several people have found allocations in that time by doing exactly this.

It's not easy... I know I called about 30 or more before I got an assist..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 09:47 AM   #7
CaptSlow
Private
Rep
Drives: One of a few

Quote:
I have seen all three colors in person and went for the VO. All three colors are great, but the black can be very high maintenance, and the white reminded me of my old car. The VO has been fantastic, low maintenance - does not show dirt easily, not a horrible heat sink in the sun, and dynamic in varying light conditions. The color really accentuates the car's lines. It is bright, however, and will draw attention. Who cares, though? The car is so rare in the first place that it catches the eye in any color.

Congratulations!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 10:59 AM   #8
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
He didn't " just call in".... He made ONE HUNDRED CALLS. Big difference.

Papethova has been saying for weeks that allocations can be found and several people have found allocations in that time by doing exactly this.

It's not easy... I know I called about 30 or more before I got an assist..
Thanks for saving me the breath LOL
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 12:27 PM   #9
BMW-1M
Rep
Drives: 4Runner

Quote:
I admire your stamina. I gave up after making 12 calls.
Enjoy your M.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 02:14 PM   #10
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Congrats! I know the feeling of frustration during the process and the feeling of accomplishment once a car is found! Keep us posted!
Appreciate 0