BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #1453
Canasian
It has finally arrived. It's pretty cute!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is Space Gray DCT

Garage List
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
What's fun is that it seems a lot louder in person like the air pressure around your body is being altered (I guess because it is).
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #1454
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
(empty post)

lol
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #1455
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
a roomy parking spot in NYC?! must be my luck day!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #1456
Worra
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is/6, 1995 540i/6

Garage List
1995 BMW 540i  [0.00]
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
I haven't been brave enough to street park my car yet. Its garages for me!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #1457
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worra View Post
I haven't been brave enough to street park my car yet. Its garages for me!
haha really? i street park every day.....it's gotta get used to my environment! it's gotta be tough!

(i park in a garage spot at night though)
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #1458
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Wow, I'd be worried about coming out and it having graffiti all over it!

I also like that you're treating it like a goldfish you won at a carnival, akin to putting the bag in the fish tank to slowly let it get adjusted to the new environment.

As an aside, I sure do miss driving mine, as it turns on a dime and this stupid honda accord is like a boat at 191 inches and u-turns I could EASILY make in my car are now giant 3 point turns as the car couldn't make it and then I'm forced to block the main thoroughfare for example a few minutes ago in St. George, Utah as I frantically reverse...ugh.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #1459
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Wow, I'd be worried about coming out and it having graffiti all over it!

I also like that you're treating it like a goldfish you won at a carnival, akin to putting the bag in the fish tank to slowly let it get adjusted to the new environment.

As an aside, I sure do miss driving mine, as it turns on a dime and this stupid honda accord is like a boat at 191 inches and u-turns I could EASILY make in my car are now giant 3 point turns as the car couldn't make it and then I'm forced to block the main thoroughfare for example a few minutes ago in St. George, Utah as I frantically reverse...ugh.
ha...i'd rather live with the car than to baby it! that's why i bought it! so i can drive it everywhere, use it everywhere, etc. i drive a lot of miles every year (20-25k), so my car is going to be well used and enjoyed!

where is your car? why are you driving an Accord? LOL
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #1460
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
ha...i'd rather live with the car than to baby it! that's why i bought it! so i can drive it everywhere, use it everywhere, etc. i drive a lot of miles every year (20-25k), so my car is going to be well used and enjoyed!

where is your car? why are you driving an Accord? LOL
I'm more like 6-7k miles a year as I seemingly mostly drive to work and home, work too many hours, and have to travel a lot for various fun trials.

Taking a long road trip through places and to do things I shant do in my car. Good thing, too, as yesterday there were piles of lumber all across the freeway, no way of avoiding, just choosing the path of least resistance with the smallest pieces and pray. If that were in my car, I'd have never driven over a piece of wood.

Won't see or sit in my baby for another 10 days. =( It's kinda nice to have a backup camera again though. Wish they offered it in a 1, mostly for when you're parked in a parking lot with SUVs next to you and can't see what's coming down the aisle. It also provides good hilarity when you watch the look on the pedestrian's face, too when you run them over. O=)
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #1461
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is AW/Black 6MT

Quote:
I'm more like 6-7k miles a year as I seemingly mostly drive to work and home, work too many hours, and have to travel a lot for various fun trials.

Taking a long road trip through places and to do things I shant do in my car. Good thing, too, as yesterday there were piles of lumber all across the freeway, no way of avoiding, just choosing the path of least resistance with the smallest pieces and pray. If that were in my car, I'd have never driven over a piece of wood.

Won't see or sit in my baby for another 10 days. =( It's kinda nice to have a backup camera again though. Wish they offered it in a 1, mostly for when you're parked in a parking lot with SUVs next to you and can't see what's coming down the aisle. It also provides good hilarity when you watch the look on the pedestrian's face, too when you run them over. O=)
Too bad, you could be enjoying your car SO much on those open highways to Vegas and windy back roads home. Well, you will certainly enjoy getting back into your car after this.....
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #1462
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouper View Post
Too bad, you could be enjoying your car SO much on those open highways to Vegas and windy back roads home. Well, you will certainly enjoy getting back into your car after this.....
But when I take a scenic unpaved road tomorrow at Zion National Park (hilariously called the Smithsonian Butte Scenic Backway), I would never do that in my car. Would be REALLY tempted to speed all along my trip in my car. It's give and take...

Lowers my stress level to have a cheap rental to put 2500 miles on in 13 days, but man it makes me miss and appreciate our cars being in this damn accord. Sick of driving it, really sick of parking it, and all I want to do is get back in my car, hear that lovely exhaust, and then floor it and let her loose.

Hopefully Kouper can entertain me with beautiful valve stem installation pics to ease my pain in the interim.

Oh, saw a lemans blue 135i convertible next to me at Valley of Fire today with texas plates, wonder if it was a forum member.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 08:16 AM   #1463
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
I had the same feeling last week in the GMC Acadia rental car. My wife and I were driving the 101 on the Olympic peninsula along Lake Crescent (talk about the perfect road for a 1-series!!!) when someone in a rental-spec Charger with a V6 starts riding our bumper as if we weren't already maintaining 10 over the speed limit. Would have been entertaining to have been driving the 135is and watch him disappear in our rearview mirror...

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #1464
mb135is
Captain
Rep
Drives: '13 135is #180/586

Heading to the track sun/mon. Took some shots during brake fluid flush.
Attached Images

E82 '13 135is - Space Gray/Coral Red, 6 MT,
Heated Seats, 50% tint, clear bra, BMW Perf. Grilles, BMW Perf. CF Diffuser - #180/586
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #1465
mb135is
Captain
Rep
Drives: '13 135is #180/586

Mas:
Attached Images

E82 '13 135is - Space Gray/Coral Red, 6 MT,
Heated Seats, 50% tint, clear bra, BMW Perf. Grilles, BMW Perf. CF Diffuser - #180/586
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #1466
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Pics for Greg....

Since Greg is out traveling the country on his own accord, I thought I'd post these valve stem pics to tide him over until he returns.

Honestly, I don't know if I felt sillier kneeling down on my driveway to take these pics.....or explaining to my wife why I even needed to purchase new valve stem caps.

Just for you, Greg.....

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #1467
Worra
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is/6, 1995 540i/6

Garage List
1995 BMW 540i  [0.00]
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Quote:
Since Greg is out traveling the country on his own accord, I thought I'd post these valve stem pics to tide him over until he returns.

Honestly, I don't know if I felt sillier kneeling down on my driveway to take these pics.....or explaining to my wife why I even needed to purchase new valve stem caps.

Just for you, Greg.....
Looks nice man. I get a lot of complements on those front brake calipers. So gorgeous.

I went to a car meet last night, mostly FT86 (FR-S and BRZ guys) but the 1er got a lot of love and looks from those in attendance. All a little jealous of the N55 I think
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 05:49 PM   #1468
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:

Just for you, Greg.....
What a treat as I'm just checking in here between Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park. They look good! They suit your car's white and black theme quite well. Also nice for us to see pics of your car and represent the convertibles.

What do YOU think of them? You left that part out.

Just explain to your wife, the only thing sillier than a) you buying $15 valve stem caps or b) kneeling down in the driveway to take pictures of them would be c) those directions on the back of the package explaining how to install them. At least it makes it clear that you do not need a wrench to do so. You can also tell her, be glad I bought $15 valve caps and didn't order the set of floormats. Seeee, you SAVED her money. This of course may come back to haunt you in typical wife fashion later down the road when she tells you how much money she saved at the mall buying things on sale. "I saved $175 honey!" Ya...but how much did you have to spend?

Signed,

Greg and the Accord I've hit my head on the top of the trunk 3x now!
Attached Images

Last edited by gregthegr8; 10-12-2013 at 05:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #1469
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
What a treat as I'm just checking in here between Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park. They look good! They suit your car's white and black theme quite well. Also nice for us to see pics of your car and represent the convertibles.

What do YOU think of them? You left that part out.

Just explain to your wife, the only thing sillier than a) you buying $15 valve stem caps or b) kneeling down in the driveway to take pictures of them would be c) those directions on the back of the package explaining how to install them. At least it makes it clear that you do not need a wrench to do so. You can also tell her, be glad I bought $15 valve caps and didn't order the set of floormats. Seeee, you SAVED her money. This of course may come back to haunt you in typical wife fashion later down the road when she tells you how much money she saved at the mall buying things on sale. "I saved $175 honey!" Ya...but how much did you have to spend?

Signed,

Greg and the Accord I've hit my head on the top of the trunk 3x now!
Nice photo by the way!!! Looks like an interesting place to put some miles on a rental car.

Hell, I'm lucky to have ANY valve caps... in addition to soiling my seat during installation of my PSSs, the dealership handed me my keys back with all valve caps missing. Not off to a good start with this particular service department. I've taken the plastic dealership license plate frame off and replaced it with a plain black SS frame from Bavarian Autosport. I may need to get me a set of those BMW caps if the cost is only $15...

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #1470
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikMsport View Post
Nice photo by the way!!! Looks like an interesting place to put some miles on a rental car.

Hell, I'm lucky to have ANY valve caps... in addition to soiling my seat during installation of my PSSs, the dealership handed me my keys back with all valve caps missing. Not off to a good start with this particular service department. I've taken the plastic dealership license plate frame off and replaced it with a plain black SS frame from Bavarian Autosport. I may need to get me a set of those BMW caps if the cost is only $15...
Ya, that's the Valley of Fire about 45 minutes north of vegas that has some amazing, scenic roads to drive on, but is hard to take good pics while driving. That's just outside of it with the entrance welcome sign in front of my rental car.

In case you were on vacation when I got my fancy valve stem caps and posted pics, I highly recommend the ones I got on mineral grey. Let me see if I can find that post. It's back a few pages. I have a coupon code, too if you want to buy a set from the dealer I bought from one bay. SHould be like $13-14 for you. I had to pay tax cause it's a CA dealer. =(

Here were the ones I got:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/attac...1&d=1380762428

And crappy cell phone test install pics:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...postcount=1365

They are the reverse of Kouper's with gray background and black BMW. His photos are 1,000 times better though, much to the chagrin of his wife.

They'll be officially installed in another week or so when I get back.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #1471
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They are the reverse of Kouper's with gray background and black BMW. His photos are 1,000 times better though, much to the chagrin of his wife.
Oh, there was no chagrin on her part. She's been with me long enough to know and accept me as a car nut. She certainly didn't mind the $15 with tax spent, but all she could do was laugh and say, "I didn't know people even replaced their valve stem caps!"

And hey, they look decent. Not bad for a $15 mod, though I think $5 of that total goes for the fancy packaging and foam display holder they put the caps in. And the description on the back of package actually says (and I kid you not - complete with the bolded part):

"The head is knurled for ease of hand-tightening (clockwise) and removal (counter-clockwise) without the need of a wrench.

I drove around all day today in 70 degree Fall weather with the top down. I'm concerned though, because the sound of that exhaust makes me do bad things....

So, Greg, is Zion remaining open and providing fine government services to you? Hope you enjoyed Bryce and maybe even Cedar Breaks since you have all that free time....
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #1472
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
wow you guys are fancy! lol.

i stopped buying metal valve stem caps after the last 2 times i bought somewhat expensive OEM ones, they end up getting stuck on the stem....OR the metal ended up corroding on the inside.

just ordered some blue rubber/plastic ones to add a touch of colour to the cap.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #1473
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

i stopped buying metal valve stem caps after the last 2 times i bought somewhat expensive OEM ones, they end up getting stuck on the stem....OR the metal ended up corroding on the inside.

Hey IEDEI, the funny thing is these LOOK fancy, but they are made entirely of plastic. So I guess we are really just poseurs haha!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #1474
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
So, Greg, is Zion remaining open and providing fine government services to you? Hope you enjoyed Bryce and maybe even Cedar Breaks since you have all that free time....
Luckily, while having breakfast Friday morning at the Palazzo Hotel in vegas (to use what's left of a $300 gift card I've had since trial in Vegas in 2010), I saw on the news that Utah struck a deal to re-open all its national parks on their dime, so everything re-opened yesterday. Did Zion today, tomorrow is Bryce Canyon, then off to Sedona for some R&R.

I also just noticed that Utah is an hour ahead. I just thought the clocks hadn't been adjusted since daylight savings or something.

Quote:

And IEDEI - we can't use metal caps with the TPMS, so as Kouper said, these are fancy LOOKING, but when you touch them, they are cheapo plastic. Plus, the directions say we don't need a wrench, so should come off no problem.

I got two fancy ones for my S5 (an Audi emblem and an S emblem) but never got around to putting them on, so no clue if those were the get stuck on type. They didn't have directions, so I didn't know what to do! hahaha.

Come get fancy ones...all the cool kids are doing it. Me, Kouper, maybe Rick. You don't want to put black caps on there cause the stem isn't black, the stem is metal if you take a look. These BMW ones look like the same material as the stems/TPMS, so they look like they were made for them.

I'm also throwing in a gratuitous shot from near where I am - somewhere between Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks off highway 89.
Attached Images

Last edited by gregthegr8; 10-12-2013 at 09:46 PM..
Appreciate 0