BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
drp2011
Registered
Argentina
Rep
Drives: 118i

118 Xenon Lights

hi guys!
I come from Argentina, I wanted to congratulate all those involved in the forum as it is comprehensive and quality. I apologize for my English first. I wanted to see that I arose a doubt, I own a BMW 118i and one of the options you have are xenon lights. lights work very well, but the question I have is that it serves the parable that is toward the centers. since this has a focus allogenic but not as on.
you know how it works? or serving?
upload photos of my car at the dealership in the pre-delivery and frame them with a red circle what I want to explain.

from already thank you very much!

daniel

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 04:50 AM   #2
fun2drv
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M5 Comp

Garage List
2023 BMW M5  [10.00]
2023 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drp2011 View Post
hi guys!
I come from Argentina, I wanted to congratulate all those involved in the forum as it is comprehensive and quality. I apologize for my English first. I wanted to see that I arose a doubt, I own a BMW 118i and one of the options you have are xenon lights. lights work very well, but the question I have is that it serves the parable that is toward the centers. since this has a focus allogenic but not as on.
you know how it works? or serving?
upload photos of my car at the dealership in the pre-delivery and frame them with a red circle what I want to explain.

from already thank you very much!

daniel

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Can you ask your question in Spanish and I may be able to help you? I can't figure out what you are asking. Yo hablo espaņol que a lo mejor te puedo ayudar.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #3
amancuso
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 330it, 428ix, 430i

I don't speak spanish, but my mother does! She was born in Argentina. Oh and congratulations on purchasing such a cool car!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #4
drp2011
Registered
Argentina
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drv View Post
Can you ask your question in Spanish and I may be able to help you? I can't figure out what you are asking. Yo hablo espaņol que a lo mejor te puedo ayudar.
barbaro! gracias fun2drv por contestar! te cuento, que compre este bmw 118i y tiene luces de xenon, en altas y bajas. la luz de xenon se proyecta por lo que aca en argentina se denonima "lupa" o "proyector". hasta aqui, todo normal. ahora, quedan sin encender nunca las luces que estan seņaladas en la foto por un circulo rojo, no encienden nunca, y no se como encenderlas o para que estan. mi pregunta era si alguien sabia para que sirven o como encenderlas!

gracias por tu tiempo! un abrazo!!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
drp2011
Registered
Argentina
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amancuso View Post
I don't speak spanish, but my mother does! She was born in Argentina. Oh and congratulations on purchasing such a cool car!
niceee!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 10:56 AM   #6
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by drp2011 View Post
barbaro! gracias fun2drv por contestar! te cuento, que compre este bmw 118i y tiene luces de xenon, en altas y bajas. la luz de xenon se proyecta por lo que aca en argentina se denonima "lupa" o "proyector". hasta aqui, todo normal. ahora, quedan sin encender nunca las luces que estan seņaladas en la foto por un circulo rojo, no encienden nunca, y no se como encenderlas o para que estan. mi pregunta era si alguien sabia para que sirven o como encenderlas!

gracias por tu tiempo! un abrazo!!
Ohhhh!!!

Put the headlight switch in AUTO - then they will also turn when you turn the steering wheel. The lights will also turn on when it gets dark or its raining, When the little green light on the switch is lit, the headlights are ON.

When you put the headlights on manually - you do not get the "kurven licht" (curve) function.

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #7
drp2011
Registered
Argentina
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Ohhhh!!!

Put the headlight switch in AUTO - then they will also turn when you turn the steering wheel. The lights will also turn on when it gets dark or its raining, When the little green light on the switch is lit, the headlights are ON.

When you put the headlights on manually - you do not get the "kurven licht" (curve) function.

thanks Dackel!
Appreciate 0