E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > I'm sweating bullets over what almost happened a few minutes ago!..

06-01-2006, 09:20 PM   #23
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

This is exactly why in Germany, which in my opinion has *far* better traffic codes, it is illegal to pass on the right (what the OP was attempting to do).

I, among others here, sympathized with you until the point you threw out a bottle at her. That was unnecessary. Dumbasses make dumbass mistakes, no matter what they drive - I see dumbasses in M3's and 911 Turbos who almost hit my Civic hooptie (like them almost T-boning me while they're coming out of gas stations because they didn't see me making a left turn at a left-green-arrow intersection).

I find it fascinating how people can barely escape an accident by the hair, yet still have time/coordination to honk their horns. I've never honked at anybody before (maybe I should) because every single time when I barely escape a dumbass's mistake, I don't have time to honk the damn horn because I'm trying to control the car to get out of danger's way. Read my peeve against dumbasses who don't know how to yield when making a left turn on a green light (not green-arrow-light).

It would've been good for her to acknowledge her mistake but in today's ego-infested USA, I have never see anybody wave/acknowledge their bad...the only time I see this is when they're still sitting at an intersection that just turned green and I honk at their ass to move...then they might wave out the window, "mea culpa".
      06-01-2006, 09:35 PM   #24
diesel007
Not Stock
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325I

Garage List
2006 325  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06alpine3
evidently you don't read too well.
Sorry your story was kinda boring so I skimmed though the details.

Have you ever changed a lane without a blinker, or accidentally cut someone off? Put yourself in her shoes, she made a mistake, and you are fine so get over it.

I have no tolerance for road rage. I am a road biker and have had many run ins with assholes who have no respect for others and make it a point to go out of their way to hurt others like running people off the road, throwing things from the window, and yell profanity.

1/1/072/1/07
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 09:38 PM   #25
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 i5M60 23 X740 23 Vette Z06

I hope you don't have kids.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 09:50 PM   #26
and1bball919
It's not just about horsepower, but how powerful your horses are.
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG Delivery truck

TWO WORDS FOR U ROAD RAGE mauahhahaha
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 10:13 PM   #27
kobechrome
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi

Garage List
You reaction was ok up until you chucked the gatorade bottle at her. Stuff like that - you get pissed at and maybe yell or ride the horn - but throwing something at someone else's car goes a little too far - it's road rage and it's what gets people all worked up and then things go waaay too far.
      06-01-2006, 10:21 PM   #28
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

Good story: OK, the throwing bottle we all agree was uncool-he himself admits it so hopefully lesson learned.

But the car's braking technology is amazing and I think, along with quick reaction, prevented the accident.

The 3er's brakes never cease to amaze me (and I had an Audi before-the brakes were very good). I admit going once, not too long ago, very very very fast on the HWY, and I was lazy and did not want to slow down for the row of cars going "only" 120 km/h in the left lane, so I change two lanes over the extreme right lane, when......someone else does the same from the middle lane....going 90 km/h, about three car lengths ahead of me (still going at warp speed). Brakes are slammed eyes pop wide and I maneuvre the car under heavy braking onto the shoulder (since I am sure otherwise I wil hit the car ahead). The car braked so fast that I ended up half a car length from the car ahead in 3-5 seconds at most going slower than it was, had to get back into the right lane sheepishly Love the car, and also love the pick up too.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 10:27 PM   #29
sjs
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35i, 2011 535i

Bottle?

My only question is... Where on earth did he get a gatorade bottle to throw in the first place? Everyone knows the E90s have useless cup holders, and if it was rolling around on the floor of the passenger footwell, he'd never be able to reach it in time to toss it at that light. Nah, the whole things sounds fishy to me. Next he's going to say he took his tire iron to her head, and we all know there's no spare tire either, so THAT won't wash either.

-Steve
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 10:32 PM   #30
AW330i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 330i

well I guess I am the only one who doesnt take any kind of offense to your actions... lol oh well. at least it all turned out ok...
      06-01-2006, 11:17 PM   #31
e90rocks
Myrmidon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Entwicklung 90 - 325 Xi

Garage List
2006 325 xi  [0.00]
Road rage: Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs
My only question is... Where on earth did he get a gatorade bottle to throw in the first place? Everyone knows the E90s have useless cup holders, and if it was rolling around on the floor of the passenger footwell, he'd never be able to reach it in time to toss it at that light. Nah, the whole things sounds fishy to me. Next he's going to say he took his tire iron to her head, and we all know there's no spare tire either, so THAT won't wash either.
-Steve
I'm sure the original poster keeps his gym bag in the passenger seat. But since you mentioned it....while gatorade bottles don't fit in the front cupholders, and certainly not in the ventilated "tween seat" holder. In the rear, however there are the twin holders which come out of the middle fold down portal cover...these holders are perfect for gatorade bottles.

Essentially, these are where I put the empty gatorade bottle til I'm parked near a trash can. This location puts them out of convenient reach for a quick release throw...
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 11:20 PM   #32
e90rocks
Myrmidon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Entwicklung 90 - 325 Xi

Garage List
2006 325 xi  [0.00]
Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobechrome
You reaction was ok up until you chucked the gatorade bottle at her. Stuff like that - you get pissed at and maybe yell or ride the horn - but throwing something at someone else's car goes a little too far - it's road rage and it's what gets people all worked up and then things go waaay too far.
Hey, so how's the new house? Is the commute going well?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 12:19 AM   #33
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

I probably wouldn't have thrown the gatorade bottle at her but I would have held my horn down for about 3 minutes straight. Seriously, like the entire time while I was at the light. Might have gotten out, walked over and been like WTF. But I wouldn't have thrown anything at her car or threatened to do something to her.

I hate people in POS cars that think they own the road. They are just completely jelous that people have cars that are better than their crap!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 12:32 AM   #34
diesel007
Not Stock
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325I

Garage List
2006 325  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive
I hate people in POS cars that think they own the road. They are just completely jelous that people have cars that are better than their crap!
Wow, it's that attitude that gives BMW drivers a bad rep.

1/1/072/1/07
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 12:34 AM   #35
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel007
So sue me.

I stand behind what I said --- "I hate people in POS cars that think they own the road. They are just completely jelous that people have cars that are better than their crap!"

Too many times have I been flicked off simply because I'm a young driver in a BMW. Jelously is the mother of their actions.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 12:49 AM   #36
kevE90
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F8x

It's called driving. Near accidents come with the territory. Chill out and be glad your e90 is unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel007
I was just thinking on the same lines, BMW stereotypes. Although many of the responses in this thread are just immature comments.

Last edited by kevE90; 06-02-2006 at 01:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 12:52 AM   #37
edawg
Auto Icons
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xit

i wouldnt waste a perfectly good gatorade...that what luggis are for,,lol
      06-02-2006, 01:03 AM   #38
ShiraiwaRiku
Baby Driver
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

the action is really understandable..

if it was me, i would probably drove infront of her and slammed on brake, just enough to scare her..

but I'm glad you didn't do that and you are ok
Alpine White | Navigation | Premium | Osram HID 6000K Headlight, Foglight | LED Blackline | M-Tech Steering Wheel, Rear Bumper | AC Schnitzer Pedals, E-Brake, Decklid, Rooftop, Front Spoiler, Side Skirt, Racing Spring | Tint 35/50 | DRL Disabled | Carbon Fiber Grill, Emblem | MTec 2.1 Halos | LED Interior Xenon | Painted Red Calipers | JleviSW LED Signals & Licence Plate Kit | Voltage Stabilizer | GruppeM Intake | Remus PowerSound Quad Exhaust | MorrVS8 with Bridegestone RE960
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 06:30 AM   #39
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

WTF is wrong with you? slam your brakes in front of her? what if she hits you from behind? great, you get yourself a fucked up bimmer to 'teach her a lesson'?
damn, think before you spit out numbskull remarks like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiraiwaRiku
if it was me, i would probably drove infront of her and slammed on brake, just enough to scare her..
      06-02-2006, 07:48 AM   #40
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

We must find ways to control our emotion. I don't think that people who drives "other" cars are bad. You could encounter another bad MB driver or BMW driver or Lexus driver. It is very easy to get distracted out there. I myself changed lane and was not looking and almost caused a wreck (I always do but this one time I was distracted). But I came out of the situtation without causing any harm to myself or others (just like you came out with out a scratch). As I get older, I began to realized that I need to find ways to control my emotion and feeling for situation like these. Life is stressful enough as is and we really do not need to add to it everytime we sit behind the wheel. I am glad to hear that nothing major happen in your case.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 07:48 AM   #41
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive
So sue me.

I stand behind what I said --- "I hate people in POS cars that think they own the road. They are just completely jelous that people have cars that are better than their crap!"

Too many times have I been flicked off simply because I'm a young driver in a BMW. Jelously is the mother of their actions.
So, this woman was jealous of a car that was in her blind spot that she couldn't see? Perhaps she just sensed the aura of superiority and reacted out of pure hatred and contempt - swerving into the next lane trying to destroy all that is good and holy.

Your comment is extremely snobbish, and also pretty inaccurate. I drive 120 miles a day, part of which is in some very congested I-95 traffic, and I can tell you that assholes behind the wheel come in all shapes and sizes and drive every type of vehicle. There are actually certain types of cars that seem to attract asshole owners - primarily BMWs. This was actually a strong consideration for me before I purchased one. I didn't want to be "one of those assholes in a BMW".

Perhaps the reason people are giving you the finger is because you are a young driver in a BMW who is also acting like an asshole. If you drive around like you're entitled then people aren't going to like you much. Those people driving POS cars might be working their asses off to pay bills, raise kids, and find some way to better themselves. Your elitist attitude makes you assume that they are automatically jealous of you - because you feel they should be, and that somehow makes you feel superior. Why? How do you know you're a better person than they are? They might actually be looking at you and thinking "look, there goes another dipshit with a $600 car payment".

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 07:52 AM   #42
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Living in Boston, stuff like this happens every day. And every time you want that person to get hit by a Mack truck. One thing is you gotta be careful who you mess with around here. A few weeks ago, I heard from the Sate Troopers about someone who was cut off badly, had to run off the road into the shoulder to avoid getting hit. They then got back on the highway got behind the car that cut him off, flashed their headlights to let them know they were pissed. That car then slammed on the brakes making the one guy go into the shoulder again, and the other guy got behind him. The guy behind him, turned on a blue light, had him "pulled over" (the guy was impersonating a cop) and walked up to the guys car and held him at gunpoint.

Just wanted to give a heads up to be careful who you are messing with. As much as people piss you off, be very careful what you do, you have no idea who is packing and who is not, and the mental stability of these people. Its really hard to calm down, I understand entirely where you're coming from, Boston has some of the worst POS drivers I've seen in my life.. And whatever you do, don't get out of your car.. The second you get out of your car you can be arrested on the spot.

This stuff really makes me angry too, I know exactly who you feel. Just want to give people a heads up to be careful out there though.. Just go home and lifts some weights, do some physical stuff, it clears your head and you'll feel much better.. (at least for me)

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 07:58 AM   #43
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
Perhaps the reason people are giving you the finger is because you are a young driver in a BMW who is also acting like an asshole. If you drive around like you're entitled then people aren't going to like you much. Those people driving POS cars might be working their asses off to pay bills, raise kids, and find some way to better themselves. Your elitist attitude makes you assume that they are automatically jealous of you - because you feel they should be, and that somehow makes you feel superior. Why? How do you know you're a better person than they are? They might actually be looking at you and thinking "look, there goes another dipshit with a $600 car payment".
Owned.

Strong second LedZep...

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 07:58 AM   #44
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh49
Living in Boston, stuff like this happens every day. And every time you want that person to get hit by a Mack truck. One thing is you gotta be careful who you mess with around here. A few weeks ago, I heard from the Sate Troopers about someone who was cut off badly, had to run off the road into the shoulder to avoid getting hit. They then got back on the highway got behind the car that cut him off, flashed their headlights to let them know they were pissed. That car then slammed on the brakes making the one guy go into the shoulder again, and the other guy got behind him. The guy behind him, turned on a blue light, had him "pulled over" (the guy was impersonating a cop) and walked up to the guys car and held him at gunpoint.

Just wanted to give a heads up to be careful who you are messing with. As much as people piss you off, be very careful what you do, you have no idea who is packing and who is not, and the mental stability of these person. Its really hard to calm down, I understand entirely where you're coming from, Boston has some of the worst POS drivers I've seen in my life.. Yeah and whatever you do, don't get out of your car.. The second you get out of your car you can be arrested on the spot. (especially with a 1 ft long 2x4 yelling in some language I can't understand like the other day )
so you are a police officer (just a guess)...
Appreciate 0