BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-08-2009, 08:08 PM   #23
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breville View Post
Hi Adrian,
Awesome response, just what I was after.
Unfortunately I am not able to make it Saturday but am sure we'll cross paths soon.
Cheers.
Breville,

Jeff runs one so if track reliability is important to you then maybe chat with him.

Cheers,

S
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 09:08 PM   #24
Guran
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 135i Coupe

I like the sound of the PROcede. The datalogging capability is particularly tasty. What sort of connection are we talking? USB? Firewire? Presumably you need to run a cable from the ECU into the cabin. Correct?
      07-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #25
Tj303
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
* Procede has CAN bus integration which allows reading of codes, clearing of codes, on dash display of map selected, on dash display of Procede fault codes, logging of engine parameters such as oil temp, and tuning based on these parameters (reduction of boost at low and high temps). You have to buy a seperate tool to do this with JB worth several hundred $$$.
Hi Adrian, so what do you need in order to read the codes? Is there a display that tells you that a e.g. tuner code has been detected?

Cheers

Kev
      07-08-2009, 10:09 PM   #26
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guran View Post
I like the sound of the PROcede. The datalogging capability is particularly tasty. What sort of connection are we talking? USB? Firewire? Presumably you need to run a cable from the ECU into the cabin. Correct?
Procede has a serial connector. If your laptop does not have a serial port then a USB to Serial adaptor costs about $25 from Dick Smith's.

Some run it into the car, I just leave mine dangling out of the top of the ECU box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj303 View Post
Hi Adrian, so what do you need in order to read the codes? Is there a display that tells you that a e.g. tuner code has been detected?

Cheers

Kev
Codes are currently viewable on the reader software you'd install on your laptop.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 11:37 PM   #27
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FITZS View Post
What are the warranty implications for me if I were to fit one of these?

Adrian - are you looking to appoint any Western Australian dealers?
Warranty implications are the same as any mod. If BMW determines that you had a mod that contributed to a warranty claim they will refuse warranty. So fitting a Procede will not void warranty on suspension. But if you had an engine failure and BMW WERE AWARE that you had the Procede, they would likely void engine warranty. THe Procede is designed so that it can be easily removed in 30 minutes, and there is no trace left that it was ever fitted.

I would definately be interested in a dealer in WA

-- Adrian
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 11:40 PM   #28
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guran View Post
Procede uses RS232. You can use RS232 to USB converter if you do not have RS232. You do need a cable from Procede to laptop. I have one fitted to my car coming out in glove box. Most people just run it out the back of the bonnet and in passenger window for datalogging and remove when not using it.

-- Adrian
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 11:44 PM   #29
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj303 View Post

Cheers

Kev
To read codes you just need the Procede software (same as for datalogging). It then displays codes which can be decoded using a documented list of the codes. So if you were able to trigger tuner manipulation, you could view it in the software, and then clear it also.

-- Adrian
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 08:32 PM   #30
lexoi
Rep
Drives: bmw 1 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by FITZS View Post

Adrian - are you looking to appoint any Western Australian dealers?
I'm also in WA and would really be interested. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 12:51 AM   #31
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

I do not know any of the workshops over there. Can you suggest anyone who I should approach?

-- Adrian
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 01:25 AM   #32
Sparky66
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 Coupe. Jet Black.

Quote:
Hi Breville,

This is a bit of a can of worms, but I will make a short list:

* JB has no ignition control. They claim otherwise, but they are lying. Therefore they completely rely on the ECU knock control to retard timing. We believe this is unsafe.
* JB has similar other tuning features to Procede (other than ignition), but Procede has direct boost solenoid control where JB just adds boost (Procede can reduce it at point for smoother throttle control).
* Procede has speed delimitter function (you can drive above BMW imposed limitter), where JB does not.
* Procede has built in O2 sim function. If you install decat down pipes with JB, you need to purchase seperate O2 sims.
* Procede has datalogging capability allowing logging of many parameters through a windows laptop.
* Procede has user adjustable parameters to allow you to customise your tune to your requirements (boost level etc.).
* Procede has gear adjustable boost (less boost in lower gears for traction).
* Procede has CAN bus integration which allows reading of codes, clearing of codes, on dash display of map selected, on dash display of Procede fault codes, logging of engine parameters such as oil temp, and tuning based on these parameters (reduction of boost at low and high temps). You have to buy a seperate tool to do this with JB worth several hundred $$$.
* Procede is upgradable with simply a windows laptop with no special hardware required.

There are many other differences, but just have a look at a JB and have a look at Procede. Open the boxes and tell me if you see the difference. JB uses minimalist approach with just hp being the aim. Procede is a more complete approach offering many features and safety as well as hp as the aim.

-- Adrian
You forgot "on the fly" map switching whilst driving via the two button remote control (soon to be replaced with programmable steering wheel button map switching)

and

(coming soon) in dash display of Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio and Air Intake temp......all by toggling via CANbus.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 01:30 AM   #33
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I do not know any of the workshops over there. Can you suggest anyone who I should approach?

-- Adrian
Adrian,

Thought of someone that may know someone. You have email with his details.

Cheers,

S
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 01:32 AM   #34
FITZS
Rep
Drives: 135

Quote:

-- Adrian
Adrian,

I can think of one guy over here who already works with Motec and the Procede might be a good addition to his stable. He does good work with tuning and setup of cars (ex lap-record holder at Wanneroo) so his reputation wouldn't be bad to have behind your product. He isn't a specific BMW tuner AFAIK although he works on anything that goes there. I can't recommend any BMW specific people here as this is my first BMW. I know most of the Porsche (is that a swear word here??) tuners here and there aren't any of them that I'd recommend. If you're still interested let me know and I'll pass along the details.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2009, 11:42 PM   #35
pentae
Rep
Drives: 135i vert

Hi guys, just wondering if you had anyone in Brisbane yet?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2009, 05:09 PM   #36
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentae View Post
Hi guys, just wondering if you had anyone in Brisbane yet?
Not sure if Adrian has any agents in Brissy yet. However there is a user, xsboost, who would probably be more than happy to help you with any install type questions.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 06:56 PM   #37
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Hi Guys,

I have just received some more stock of Procedes, and I am wanting to move them. Until now I have been offering them for $1500 supply only, but I am going to offer them for $1495 fitted in Sydney, and Andrew from Southern BM will do the same deal in Melbourne.

In addition, I am willing to do a taste test. If you are unsure about the Procede and would like to try one, I can loan one to you for one week. You can try it and decide whether to remove or pay for it at the end of the week.

We know that our product speaks for itself!!

New features added recently include dataloggin of oil temps, and engine oil temp safety control. The Procede monitors the oil temp and will turn down the boost to keep oil temps in check. This includes when oil temps are cold or hot. New feature coming soon... map switching from dash buttons without the need for keyfob.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 07:21 AM   #38
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

Hi,

I'm in Brisbane and been running a Procede for a while now and have experience with the install, software, datalogging, fine tuning, etc. Give me a shout if you need any help.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 10:34 AM   #39
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B M W

A BT scanner will clear any codes generated by the V3 right?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 10:39 AM   #40
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B M W

I have another question: say I want to limit boost on full throttle openings to 9psi in 1st gear(manual trans) to maximise traction but then go full boost in all other gears...how do I go about programming this or is this something you can do?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 05:42 PM   #41
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsboost View Post
Hi,

I'm in Brisbane and been running a Procede for a while now and have experience with the install, software, datalogging, fine tuning, etc. Give me a shout if you need any help.
Thanks!! We may be able to strike a deal where I can enlist your help and make it worth your while.

Anybody interested in trying a Procede up Brisbane way??
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 05:49 PM   #42
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alext View Post
I have another question: say I want to limit boost on full throttle openings to 9psi in 1st gear(manual trans) to maximise traction but then go full boost in all other gears...how do I go about programming this or is this something you can do?
The BT can clear and codes, but so can the Procede by itself. It is connected to the CAN bus and can clear the codes in the same way as the BT. It can also read them in the same way. That is not to say that the BT is not a useful tool, but with the Procede you are covered for code clearing/reading without it.

In the Procede, we have adjustable boost for 1st and 2nd gear... so you can do exactly as you say for these gears. The Procede detects the gear that the car is in, and applies a revised user torque settable by the user these gears.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2009, 06:48 AM   #43
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Quote:
Thanks!! We may be able to strike a deal where I can enlist your help and make it worth your while.

Anybody interested in trying a Procede up Brisbane way??

Try hey... for what cost?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2009, 03:10 AM   #44
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Definitely interested in it. Was looking to order JB3, but if this can be had here with local backup I am really leaning towards this. Will PM you.
Appreciate 0