BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-22-2009, 09:39 PM   #23
05C4R
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew@southernBM View Post
Interesting the first post, the wheel alignment was way out.

Has anyone else had there first alignment and told the alignment was way out. I have had that 8 times or so and wonder if its just the aligner or others have the same issue. I'm talking about standard cars.
i drove my 135i out of the dealership with a slightly crooked steering wheel, had to get 2 wheel alignments done to fix it. BMW still say a wheel alignment was done in pre delivery which i think is BS.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2009, 06:40 AM   #24
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyv View Post
As a bit of an update, I've had the new shoes on the car for almost 2 weeks now and I can say it was a great choice.

I drove from Bris Vegas to Toowoomba this morning to spend a couple of days with clients in the city and the drive was the best to date, the difference between the Pirelli's and RFT's is very noticable on the bumpy highway road with the Pirelli's winning hands down in comfort and ride quality.

They also seem to stick better when things get spicey too, although I'll have a better idea of this after I go for a drive on the weekend. I've been holding off until the new rubber has been scrubbed in ok.

A trip to Maleny next weekend with the new gf should be enjoyable for a few more reasons now too
I might try to catch your 1er lol!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2009, 06:42 AM   #25
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer View Post
i drove my 135i out of the dealership with a slightly crooked steering wheel, had to get 2 wheel alignments done to fix it. BMW still say a wheel alignment was done in pre delivery which i think is BS.
It seems to be a problem for everyone - especially the toe. It was supposed to be between 1.6 to 2.1, and mine was 2.7.

Other problems with mine was unbalanced camber and castor.. which unfortunately can't really be adjusted.
Appreciate 0