BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-14-2023, 08:22 AM   #1
an3ony
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Does anybody have any experience with Bremmen valve cover?

Getting ready to do the valve cover/ccv deal. Does anybody have any experience with Bremmens' aluminum valve cover? good? bad? the sale makes it very close to the erling version. But I'd rather not do this job twice.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 12:20 AM   #2
Baraa
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 535I

Hey, I'm currently on the same fence as you right now for the exact same product, did you end up buying the aluminum or the plastic? How did that hold up for you?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 05:28 PM   #3
an3ony
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baraa View Post
Hey, I'm currently on the same fence as you right now for the exact same product, did you end up buying the aluminum or the plastic? How did that hold up for you?
I did end up buying it but ultimately returned it for the Elring version. Basically there was a couple of reasons:
None of the self-tapping hardware is compatible, so you've got to source hardware for those parts. More importantly, i couldn't get the PCV hose (the four prong one) to fit and lock down. My thought is that if that didn't fit, what was going to happen after a few heat cycles.
Finally, the included gaskets weren't very pliable in comparison to the ones I snagged directly from BMW. Since the torque spec is so light, IMO the gasket should be more compliant.
Good luck however you go!
Appreciate 1