BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
qntran2
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Anyone else experience ADV.1 Woes?

I was curious if I had bad luck or if this is the norm.

My brother and I both ordered rims from ADV.1 through a local retailer. He ordered the five spoke 1 Piece forged for his E93 and I ordered the TF Split Five Spoke in Matte Black a week later.

The 3 series rims came in first open the box to see that they had made him a 1 piece forged rim with 5 split spokes... wrong rim. But my brother decided it was fine our wheels would look different enough since mine would have a lip. He kept them.

Then 08/08/12 my wheels came in and oh my was I happy.

But wait once it was on the car something was strange

Hmmm wrong offset much? ADV.1 was called they said it was an easy fix expect it back in two weeks. Shipped it back to ADV.1 a week later.

August and September roll by and finally I get the call that my rims came in had them put onto the car and well... Still stuck out a little but nothing a little camber and a drop won't fix right and it really did look good on the car as is.

Next morning woke up to a flat front passenger tire. Thought to myself how the #$%@ did I hit a nail already. Had the tire looked at no leaks whatsoever refilled tire with air. Then we found the leak. The rim was leaking at the bolts. I guess when the Rim was corrected it wasn't sealed correctly.

So now the rim is going back to ADV.1 and I'm SOL for what another month? Two? Oh and someone else ordered a set from ADV.1 as the same time as I did and they sent his rims with the wrong lip.

So is this to be expected from this company or did all three of us have terrible luck?

*rant off*
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #2
ams109
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i n54

thats f***** up
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
Chris796
Rep
Drives: Ducati Monster

That's very odd. Are you dealing with ADV.1 directly or are you going through the retailer you ordered from?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #4
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X5M

email tony@adv1wheels.com and bother him. those rims are sickkkkk
      10-15-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

ADV is run by one is the same scumbags that started 360 Forged and ripped hundreds of people off.

Here's a good read from another BMW member who received garbage both product and service from ADV.1

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717258
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
qntran2
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris796
That's very odd. Are you dealing with ADV.1 directly or are you going through the retailer you ordered from?

My retailer is speaking to ADV.1 on my behalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MteK View Post
ADV is run by one is the same scumbags that started 360 Forged and ripped hundreds of people off.

Here's a good read from another BMW member who received garbage both product and service from ADV.1

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717258
Wow so I guess I'm not the only one

Last edited by qntran2; 10-15-2012 at 11:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #7
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by qntran2 View Post
My retailer is speaking to ADV.1 on my behalf

Wow so I guess I'm not the only one
Guess not. But hopefully you have better luck in getting them to fix their mistakes. In the end the wheels should look great.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 12:10 PM   #8
qntran2
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MteK View Post
Guess not. But hopefully you have better luck in getting them to fix their mistakes. In the end the wheels should look great.
Thanks I hope so. Now since its going back anyway I think I'm going to ask them to further correct it so it sits perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg135i View Post
email tony@adv1wheels.com and bother him. those rims are sickkkkk
Thanks for the suggestion
Is this the same Tony as the user Tony135? If so his offsets seem fine I don't know why mine (intially) was so messed up.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #9
1Fasst1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 135i, Jet Black 6MT

Sorry to hear of your problems, you definitely have more patience than many of us. BTW looking at the pic you posted can't help but notice the carbonfiber diffuser,looks great but it seems the exhaust tips are recessed somewhat. Any problems with exhaust sooting up the difiuser?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #10
Tony135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ‘22 Model 3

Wow I am terribly sorry to hear about all the trouble you've gone through. First and foremost, can you please provide me with a PO#? Or at least email me with the dealer you ordered through and the rough time of order so I can locate you set in our database. From there I will try and learn my best about this set from our side and then I can help you out. Thank you for your patience.

Tony@adv1wheels.com
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #11
qntran2
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony135 View Post
Wow I am terribly sorry to hear about all the trouble you've gone through. First and foremost, can you please provide me with a PO#? Or at least email me with the dealer you ordered through and the rough time of order so I can locate you set in our database. From there I will try and learn my best about this set from our side and then I can help you out. Thank you for your patience.

Tony@adv1wheels.com

Thanks I'll be emailing you shortly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Fasst1 View Post
Sorry to hear of your problems, you definitely have more patience than many of us. BTW looking at the pic you posted can't help but notice the carbonfiber diffuser,looks great but it seems the exhaust tips are recessed somewhat. Any problems with exhaust sooting up the difiuser?
Yeah been meaning to get around to try and finding a fix for that(CP-E exhaust and Scopione diffuser if anyone was wondering). The left side of the diffuser does tend to get a bit more dirty but if its because of the exhaust I have no clue. My biggest concern is if I bottom out on the backside it looks as though the exhaust tips would crack the diffuser. Trying to figure out a way to lower the tips and bring them out more but haven't been to a muffler shop yet.

Last edited by qntran2; 10-15-2012 at 04:32 PM..
Appreciate 0