E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > my bad experience with eisenamnn....read this...

06-02-2006, 05:25 PM   #133
lumbergh
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Wow, I read a lot on here but don't post much, mainly because I really don't know as much about the e90 as others. I do know about business though.

You guys at eisenhaus lack any business sense what so ever. You charge someone for promoting a "prototype" which is what that exhaust is because it is used, not branded, and has a few other issues. Then when the guy lets you know it's messed up you tell him to send it back and then ,and only then, will you give him his money back. Most businesses I know would send a replacement first, with a return label, so he doesn't have to do as described.

Then you let Ryan get on here and start arguing with a customer in a public forum, especially a customer that apparently carries some weight (For the record I don't know Longtran). Then John comes on, doesn't offer a solution, just a rehash of Ryan's comments and says he doesn't want to talk bad about his customers "including bad and ugly ones"....well you just did.

Whether Longtran is trying to screw you or not, you handled this horribly and lost way more money in business than you saved by not just refunding his money, even if it was just to get rid of him. You didn't have to sell to him again if you didn't want to. Who gives a crap about the exhaust you sent him. It was a defective non production exhaust, which he would still have been promoting. If I were you I would have sent him a new one just so he didn't show up at shows with it, making you look bad. He did warn you what he would do so you weren't blindsided. You may say "well it was the principle"...whatever, you guys are in business not working for a cause. You let your pride get in the way of good business sense.

I hope you learn from this mistake and I wish you well. I'm also sure you are nice guys. Unfortunately I would have to turn to one of your competitors after this because too much doubt has been placed on your company, which is unfortunate and was easily preventable.

I don't mean this as a flame by any means, it just amazes me the business decisions people make. I am in a retail business, believe me I know what you deal with but this wasn't the way to handle it.

Good luck to both sides of this.

Last edited by lumbergh; 06-02-2006 at 05:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 05:35 PM   #134
E90Boy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F33

NOW we see the whole story. I'm not siding with anyone, but if the production exhaust is working like that and mods are required to do correct installation I'd go with the dual exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 05:37 PM   #135
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

Ok, well I am going to sleep now. It's almost 1Am here, friday night.

I'm a bit on the fence in this - it is very difficult for both sides to be happy.

Good luck. I'll check back tomorrow sometime, to see what has gone down!

Ps. Try and resolve it like gentlemen.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 05:44 PM   #136
E90Boy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbergh
Wow, I read a lot on here but don't post much, mainly because I really don't know as much about the e90 as others. I do know about business though.

You guys at eisenhaus lack any business sense what so ever. You charge someone for promoting a "prototype" which is what that exhaust is because it is used, not branded, and has a few other issues. Then when the guy lets you know it's messed up you tell him to send it back and then ,and only then, will you give him his money back. Most businesses I know would send a replacement first, with a return label, so he doesn't have to do as described.

Then you let Ryan get on here and start arguing with a customer in a public forum, especially a customer that apparently carries some weight (For the record I don't know Longtran). Then Jason comes on, doesn't offer a solution, just a rehash of Ryan's comments and says he doesn't want to talk bad about his customers "including bad and ugly ones"....well you just did.

Whether Longtran is trying to screw you or not, you handled this horribly and lost way more money in business than you saved by not just refunding his money, even if it was just to get rid of him. You didn't have to sell to him again if you didn't want to. Who gives a crap about the exhaust you sent him. It was a defective non production exhaust, which he would still have been promoting. If I were you I would have sent him a new one just so he didn't show up at shows with it, making you look bad. He did warn you what he would do so you weren't blindsided. You may say "well it was the principle"...whatever, you guys are in business not working for a cause. You let your pride get in the way of good business sense.

I hope you learn from this mistake and I wish you well. I'm also sure you are nice guys. Unfortunately I would have to turn to one of your competitors after this because too much doubt has been placed on your company, which is unfortunate and was easily preventable.

I don't mean this as a flame by any means, it just amazes me the business decisions people make. I am in a retail business, believe me I know what you deal with but this wasn't the way to handle it.

Good luck to both sides of this.
Nicely said. So I guess damages is done. I was saving to get their exhaust also now I will NOT buy anything from this company, because they don't know customer support for sh!t or how to deal with little problems. Ryan and Jason, you f&cked your company up good.

P.S: I'm not on anyone's side, but based on my judgement(putting my money elsewhere with customer support when it's needed).
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 05:46 PM   #137
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Reminder: it's Ryan & John...not Jason (Jason is the other E90Post administrator besides Mark ).
      06-02-2006, 05:51 PM   #138
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
Reminder: it's Ryan & John...not Jason (Jason is the other E90Post administrator besides Mark ).
sorry i should have clarify this. i never deal with rayn about my exhasut. it was with jason ( sale rep at eisehaus not jason the admin, jason is like another ryan) and john. i have never spoken to ryan tabout this matter.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 05:54 PM   #139
E90Boy
Captain
United_States
Rep

my bad
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 05:56 PM   #140
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Oops, my bad, Long. I didn't read clearly on those names.
      06-02-2006, 08:29 PM   #141
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

yeah, 'cuz the right side doesn't do squat, when it first came out, I asked the vendor why the quad is almost double the price as the twin-tip setup with what appears to be two pipes welded on, I dind't get an answer for the longest time. Search for it, it should be in the market forum, "Eisemann exhaust special" or something
Quote:
Originally Posted by foofighter
no not really...now that i see the pass side doesnt flow exhaust air out at all...i may now look at the Kerscher :-/
      06-02-2006, 08:54 PM   #142
foofighter
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 TRD Off Road 4r - 2018 M3

what happened to my post? did it get deleted?

canuck...glad you quoted me LOL otherwise i would have lost my mind thinking that i didnt post it.

Yah i saw that post where you asked that question
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 09:38 PM   #143
e90rocks
Myrmidon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Entwicklung 90 - 325 Xi

Garage List
2006 325 xi  [0.00]
Long v. Eisenhaus

I'm really pissed. I spent 20 min typing my post and had to log back in and it disappeared.:mad:

People who drop 35 K on a car generally dont try to think up scams to get a free $1200. Really. Long is accusing Eisenhaus of poorly responsive, unreasonable and unsympathetic service...all of which there is evidence for. Ryan is accusing Long of blackmail and essentially calling him a liar. We have only hearsay for this. When a major purchase is made and there are problems, it is not uncommon to try to negotiate a settlement, especially when removal of a device causes further anticipated costs. To call this blackmail is going too far. Unless you can produce an e-mail or text from Long asking for monies well in excess of the cost of the system, removal and shipping, you are really on thin ice as far as using this term. I think at this point Eisenhaus should be concerned less about the exhaust and more about the legal implications of slander (though since I read it, perhaps it's libel...[Dammit Jim, I'm a Docotr, not a Lawyer]).

If I get a bad hard drive and I want to get it replaced including shipping costs, or if I hold out on the last part of a payment to a contractor because a deck just collapsed, that's not blackmail.

I don't expect new systems to work perfectly, and can accept that. I can even accept that Long may not have installed it perfectly (no offense, man). I can accept that Long would complain, and would post about his frustration. What I do not accept is the accusation of 'blackmail'.

Chitown said that Ryan related that his boss said "just eat the cost". That's what should have happened. I still don't get why we're hearing from Ryan instead of the original rep, Jason, but at this point the exhaust is not what pisses me off. BTW, if you think that everytime someone wants to negotiate a settlement and threatens you with posts or with the BBB it's blackmail, then you need to get out of customer service (though that attitude won't get you far in Human Resources either).

Best wishes to you, Long. Never met ya, but I feel your frustration.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 09:51 PM   #144
tiga901
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 330i, mt pp sp

Boycott Eisenmann......
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 10:01 PM   #145
tiga901
Second Lieutenant
Rep

[QUOTE=ADHD]Please add your name as u feel pleased to:

LOST CUSTOMERS:

1.ADHD
2.KSFROGMAN
3. MAGMD
4. JBJWC
5. XETA
6. SQUAWKS
7.HOMERFROMHATHENS
8. COLLANRF
9. TIGA901
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 10:05 PM   #146
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

the only people who actually know what went down are eisenhaus and long

it's nobody here's place to judge either side
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 10:11 PM   #147
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 AW 320i

this is even more interesting than any reality shows or drama...e90post.com is amazing
good luck to both eisenhaus and long
      06-02-2006, 10:15 PM   #148
tiga901
Second Lieutenant
Rep

There is one principle here...the customer is always right!!!!

When your product sucks you do whatever it takes to get it right....plain and simple. If it would mean flying it in to give longtran a new product since he is their tester, they should have done that!

Sorry, I'm with longtran all the way here.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2006, 01:00 AM   #149
Lost Rider
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: R NineT, X1

Garage List
2014 BMW R NineT  [0.00]
2015 X1 xdrive  [9.00]
All you people chiming in saying how you're " with long" just don't get it.
I'm not with eisennman, I just happeded to be privy to some info that came out before the fact.
I have no doubt that your hero longtran used his popularity around here to try and muscle some money out of them.
He didn't go about things in a honorable way. Period.
I'm not trying to say that Eisenhaus was perfect in this situation, but from what I know, I can't blame them for this.
I feel I've been around here and contributed enough to earn a little respect, yet most of you still don't listen and love to just slam Ryan for whatever.
Everyone EXCEPT longtran around here who has an eisennman system loves it, it just so happens that longtran is the self-appointed DIY "king", and has alot of groupies, so you all listen more to him. Fine. Be sheep.
I have no reason to be involved except the fact that I was told longtran was trying get his money back and keep the crappy quad exhaust, and was doing this by threatening to USE e90post as his weapon. I don't like that, and thought that more of you wouldn't either.
I believe that Eisenhaus made a reasonble offer to him, but he didn't take it, trying to hold out to get some $.
You think that just because you buy some $35,000 car the world owes you something, or that people who drive BMW's won't be shady because they must be successful stand-up people. ha.
I have also found it to be very common pratice to offer to replace something a customer isn't satisied with AFTER they return the old one.
Lets be clear on something else, longtran was not thier "tester". He stated himself that he recieved the first production unit, getting a discount to promote it.
Whatever.
I've gone through alot of emotions about this whole thing, and now I'm just sad.
This has been a very sad day for e90post.
It seems most of you have clearly made up your mind, not paying attention to the real issues here.
To me the real issue is someone's misuse of e90post.com, taking advantage of the situation, and now all the shyt that follows.
      06-03-2006, 01:02 AM   #150
18LLC
Major General
Rep
Drives: e89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown
No doubt he's done alot of good things around here, and has been very innovative, becoming the self appointed DIY king, but it doesn't change the fact that he basically admits to blackmailing Eisenhaus and used e90post and his "status"as the threat
please look up the defination of "fact", before anything that's be prove it's real, nothing can call "fact". Even sometimes you can call it fact, but it's not the true fact. Learn that from law school. sorry. if longtran or eisenmen needs a law consultant, please feel free to call me or pm me.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2006, 01:10 AM   #151
18LLC
Major General
Rep
Drives: e89

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB
I don’t know what the original deal was. If you knew that you were getting a preproduction piece that may require some fitting then you asked for it and should have expected some problems.

Preproduction pieces are never as polished and perfect as production pieces, they are test mules if you sign on to help with development (your payment being a reduced price and bragging rights) then you have no right to complain.
wrong. even with reduced price, consumer always have the right to complain. some free gifts are exception.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2006, 01:22 AM   #152
Saosin17
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

"the customer is always right" the people saying this have most liekely never worked in retail. the customer asks you for a better deal becasue he thinks something shouldnt cost that much........ that is not the retailers problem. this has nothing to do with long, im jsut saying im so sick of for fucking like 5 years hearing that phrase and the customer is always wrong... customer... suck a cock (sorry for my venting)
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2006, 01:25 AM   #153
blke90man
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saosin17
"the customer is always right" the people saying this have most liekely never worked in retail. the customer asks you for a better deal becasue he thinks something shouldnt cost that much........ that is not the retailers problem. this has nothing to do with long, im jsut saying im so sick of for fucking like 5 years hearing that phrase and the customer is always wrong... customer... suck a cock (sorry for my venting)
Saosin17...I know how you feel bro...I worked retail for 5 years...definitely can be very frustrating.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2006, 01:26 AM   #154
foofighter
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 TRD Off Road 4r - 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saosin17
bro, tell us how you really feel
Appreciate 0