BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #1
CrazyIvan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Let's hear some opinions..

I'll keep this as short as possible. I ordered my car in March 08. It didnt get delivered until October 31, 08. Built date: september 08. Yet I know a few people who ordered the car at the same time and got it by July. Or ordered in May and received the same time. You get the idea. Recently I had a bad experience with service as well - they even managed to scratch the car That pushed me over. I could've done ED, save about $2500 in the process, and have an AMAZING experience. Instead,I had to change my order to stateside since the dealer couldnt get things moving. What should I do? I love the car though! I'm going to call the sales manager to discuss this: I want to know what happened. It sounds more and more that my order was simply put aside since I'm just a kid. That's a feeling I get.

All opinions/suggestions welcome. Thanks.
      11-11-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

I dont agree with your kid theory. My car was delivered promptly and without a scratch to me. And I was 17 at the time.

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
CrazyIvan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
I dont agree with your kid theory. My car was delivered promptly and without a scratch to me. And I was 17 at the time.
Thanks BrokenVert. I'm 29, and the scratch is from service visit. I think my dealer just sucks in general.
      11-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #4
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyIvan View Post
Thanks BrokenVert. I'm 29, and the scratch is from service visit. I think my dealer just sucks in general.
My dealer did that to me too. Nasty scracth in my driver's side rockerpanel. Apparently a tech smashed it with his boot. ugh.

Ohh well, find a good body shop and make them pay for the repair.

It sounds like your dealer really sucks.

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #5
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

If the damage it caused by them they need to pay for it. And don't let them use an "in-shop" body expert.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 01:41 PM   #6
lib
Major
Rep
Drives: <This space for rent>

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyIvan View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again....

The problem is BMW of San Antonio. Come to Austin
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 01:47 PM   #7
Angry3
All your 1 are belong to us!!!
Rep
Drives: '08 135i 'Vert

"I ordered mine in March '08. With all the backorders it didnt get built until september. Which is a model year '09. But even when prices changed midyear and again for '09 model year, my dealer still honored '08 prices and gave me an extra $500 off, and floor mats, and window tint - all for free. I'm happy, even knowing that I wasnt able to do Euro delivery."

Your quote from a couple of months ago OP. Sounds to me like you're just upset about the scratch and service experience, and you should be. Sit down and write a letter to the GM of the dealership explaining what happened regarding the damage and what you want the dealer to do about it, make sure to send it certified mail and to CC the service manager. People that act professionally and have reasonable expectations get good results in my experience, people like the wacko on E90post that start web sites slamming dealers and then take the car back there for service do not. Regarding the delay getting your car, there are a number of reasons that could have happened (inept CA, lack of allocations, etc.), you being a "kid" being the least likely. I don't think it's reasonable for you to raise that issue with the dealer a year after you've taken delivery of the car. I expect San Antonio has multiple dealers, if you're unhappy with the service vote with your feet, and do the same with your next BMW purchase.

Best of luck to you, keep us posted.

Oh, and just so you know, if you're 29 you're not a kid anymore
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 03:29 PM   #8
oasis3582
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3 M40i

I don't think you have a leg to stand on to make any accusations. And I would say if anything, being younger should help your experience since they know you have 40 years of car buying ahead of you!
Previous: VW GTI, Tesla Model 3 LR, Mazda MX-5 RF, Ford Mustang GT (x2), Mazda 3, BMW Z4 sDrive35i, Acura TSX, BMW 135i, Acura TSX, Honda Accord Coupe V6, Acura RDX, Pontiac GTO 6.0, Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 04:01 PM   #9
TMR013
Opus Angelus
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2 Coupe

Differenciations between dealers is really surprising with BMW. Since there are fewer of them, I would think that BMWNA would try and maintain more consistancy in the dealer experience. Does not seem to be the case. Lot's of talk of bad dealer experiences on the boards. Mine have all been very positive, so definately a difference.
Too bad, could really be a selling point that BMW I would think would want to capitalize on.
As far as the question of the OP. I think it's just the dealer, not you.

Last edited by TMR013; 11-11-2009 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: .
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 09:33 PM   #10
Midgad
Free Skier
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe, 6MT, M-Sports

Dont get me going on the service dept....

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244805

Oh yea,
btw, all the scratches are still there, the finish will never be the same.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 09:47 PM   #11
Nicky G
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i (M Sport, Premium)

I haven't even taken delivery yet, but I talk to my salesperson at least once every few days, we shoot emails back and forth sometimes a few times in one night about the car. I've been quite impressed. They didn't "hard sell" me, they just gave me a fantastic deal, and opportunity to custom-order a car to "test drive" with no obligation. If the rest of the sales and then service process even comes close to my experience so far, I'll be happy to keep dealing with this dealership (BMW of Annapolis, Maryland).
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 10:47 PM   #12
HeyMoe53
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 M240 AW/Coral MT

There sure does seem to be a huge difference from dealer to dealer. If I were working for BMW/NA, I would be very concerned about it.

I do receive (and complete) the surveys about my most recent experience at my BMW center. It is obvious that everyone at my dealer pays attention to those survey results. I receive first-class treatment from the time I set my sneaker into the place. And, it is not forced, they seem like they WANT to be there.

The day I ordered my 128, someone noticed my empty coffee cup as I was seated with my CA. He took it, refilled it, and brought it back.

When I got home, I looked up my "coffee person" on the dealer's website. He's the general manager of the place.

How's that? Think I will buy my next BMW there?

BTW - Sun Motorcars BMW, Mechanicsburg, PA, near Harrisburg.
Appreciate 0