BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-23-2010, 03:51 PM   #23
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyv View Post
Bear in mind I believe the current statistics are that 1 in 10 people who used a torrent client to illegally download The Hurt Locker are being taken to court by the movie studio.

Torrent usage does not allow for anonymity.
Well... yes and no.

The only place in the world where it is 100% illegall is in FRANCE. And even in France they give you three strikes before they cut off your internet access BUT they make you keep paying for it!!! (until your contract is over!)

I have gotten a "few" legal letters in the mail over here in Germany. Germany is the land of BIG BROTHER. Basically, they send you an intimdatting letter saying... PAY US 1,064 euros in the next five days... here is a bank info where you can send(wire) the money! IF you don't they say they can go after you in court. AND they will ask for upwards of 10K euros. But that is all BS. Atleast that is what my German lawer advised me of.

Your out is... IF they (pirates) can hack the Pentagon... they can hack my WLAN!!! And... so the ball gets thrown back into that law firms court. 99.97% of the time they will do nothing more. Atleast that is my experience. They might hemm and haww... but nothing they can do. Unless they get you to confess and search your pc/hard drive. But that would be really rare over here in DE.

So... torrents are just data.... and it is very hard to controll the free (speech) internet.

And BTW.... the Pirate Party nabbed a 2% of the popular vote in Germany's last year's September election. Now the DE goverment has to pay the Pirate party money so they can run in the next election. In Sweeden the Pirate party is really big. I think sooner or later will will see a major restructure of DVD sales and Music over the internet... bc a small chunk of money is better than no money. And that is exactly what the major studios are collecting now. Zip.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 06:38 AM   #24
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRX View Post
Yeah, I got a little pissed at Channel 9 sprouting on about an all new season of Top Gear, then they play two or three new ones and then run that episode with May in a caravan balloon every second week interspersed with the one where they are in Romania.
yeh, what was with that.

should be done for false advertising just like the countless ads on TV saying that they are on sale this weekend only .... every weekend. Pisses me off no end.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 03:02 PM   #25
oldman
Australia
Rep
Drives: 09 135i AW Coupe

Use to torrent all the time, and mainly do TV shows, but had a warning twice from my ISP as they had received copyright infringements from the USA for a couple of popular free to air shows I downloaded.

Bought myself a Rapidshare account instead. $90 per year. Take what you want. Get all the TV series the family want to see (current USA episodes too, not the repeat after repeat they show here).

Even with Rapidshare, won't take the risk with movies though and unless you want to download 4Gb+, you would not get the quality anyway.

Rapidshare, definitely worth the $90 and cannot be monitored like torrents though trackers.

Seems also that TG UK is always now around 5 to 6 episodes. Season 11 had 6, Season 12 had 5, Season 13 had 6 and Season 14 had 5.
      06-24-2010, 03:29 PM   #26
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

I love TG so much. They are the three funniest guys on TV. The best show ever! I will fight anyone who disagrees with me

I got my girlfriend hooked on TG now. She thought it was going to be a dumb car show but she laughs her Arse off every time she watches.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 03:44 PM   #27
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

I think I read somewhere n the Net... that Top Gear is the most watch TV series in the world! Something like 1Billion viewers each week tune in. I dunno IF that ture or not... but I am always amazed by how many people know of TG & the guys.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 04:44 PM   #28
oldman
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I think I read somewhere n the Net... that Top Gear is the most watch TV series in the world! Something like 1Billion viewers each week tune in. I dunno IF that ture or not... but I am always amazed by how many people know of TG & the guys.
Apparently that is true. I also read somewhere that the wait list to get in the audience is 23 years, so each audience is now drawn like a lottery.
      06-24-2010, 04:44 PM   #29
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@PSI MOTORS View Post
I love TG so much. They are the three funniest guys on TV. The best show ever! I will fight anyone who disagrees with me

I got my girlfriend hooked on TG now. She thought it was going to be a dumb car show but she laughs her Arse off every time she watches.
I totally agree. I absolutely love it, my favorite show. My partner who has no clue about cars and no appreciation for them also loves top gear. Highly entertaining, those guys deserve their millionaire status.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 05:01 PM   #30
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Have you guys seen this video from last year?

Jeremy Clarkson's Beat-Box

[u2b]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RY9u0LxIWJk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RY9u0LxIWJk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 05:52 PM   #31
oldman
Australia
Rep

Does having every episode from every season since Season 1 Episode 1, plus all the specials make me a fanatic?

James May wasn't there in the beginning, there was a guy called Jason Dawe. The Stig was a different Stig as well and was in black instead of white. The audience was tiny and appeared to be mostly the people that work for the BBC.

How things have changed.....
Attached Images

Last edited by oldman; 06-24-2010 at 05:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2010, 04:18 AM   #32
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Does having every episode from every season since Season 1 Episode 1, plus all the specials make me a fanatic?..
Me too! So I guess you can put me down on that O.C. List too. Plus I have all the down-under shows and T.G. Russia ones!

Some of my favorites shows are the spin off's. Like "James May Toy Series" or "Oz and James" (wine and Beer series, Clarkson's shows and "Who Do You Think You Are: Clarkson".

Did any of you guys see Clarkson's European Neighbor series? That was classic Clarkson!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2010, 07:51 AM   #33
TBestW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Thanks for the heads up OP. Can't wait to see the new episodes, TG has become one of my favourite shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRX View Post
Yeah, I got a little pissed at Channel 9 sprouting on about an all new season of Top Gear, then they play two or three new ones and then run that episode with May in a caravan balloon every second week interspersed with the one where they are in Romania.
So true, but I'd find myself watching the repeats and laughing again anyway! I actually bought the TG board game... would be interested to see how our Brisbane 1addicts crew fare against each other in TG trivia
Appreciate 0