BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-03-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
MikeinAlexandria
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M Sport Convertible

Opinions wanted, match Foglights to HIDs or use ION Crystals...

PIAA and some other companies make H11 Foglight bulbs in custom colors measured in Kelvin. Right now, I think my foglights don't really match anything, they are Halogen yellowish colored, but not really yellow enough for much contrast in actual fog.

So my question is this? Should I get ION Crystal bulbs that are very yellow and increase contrast, or would trying to match the color to the HIDs be better?

I am wondering if it is a choice between better lighting in adverse conditions and just the front end appearance of the lights. Any ideas are welcome along with sources for PIAA or other companies that make high quality bulbs. I have had the best luck with the PIAAs.

Last edited by MikeinAlexandria; 10-05-2010 at 08:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Fasion and looks before comfort...didn't you ever listen to why your gf will go out in heels and a skirt in 40 degree weather?

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 11:23 AM   #3
MikeinAlexandria
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M Sport Convertible

LOL! Don't have one of those right now. Though at least the BMW is easier for a girl to get in and out of compared to my Elise! I need to make a photo shop of the front of the car with the fog lights and HIDs on and then see what looks better I guess. Unless I just post a photo here and someone wants to chop it for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Fasion and looks before comfort...didn't you ever listen to why your gf will go out in heels and a skirt in 40 degree weather?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 11:38 AM   #4
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

^good luck with that...I have no photoshop skill

Appreciate 0