BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-21-2015, 11:13 PM   #1
Richibahn
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i //M sport

Just snagged this polyurethane front lip off amazon.com for $130 shipped... Fitment was tough, but for what I paid I can't complain. The usual issues- the center "teeth" if you will didn't line up 100%, but I'm happy with it. A little elbow grease and my heat gun (I wrap cars for a living) and it's on there.

Hindsight, I cut a corner by going cheap; I'm kicking myself in the ass a bit by not saving and getting the slek lip- but this will tide me over until I have the funds to order one... Or a whole 1M front setup. Decisions. Car is 100% stock, btw. Only add on is the lip, and the m-sport package, performance exhaust and performance package under the hood.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 08:51 AM   #2
Ultimateone
OG E46Fanatic
Rep
Drives: 24 Champ White CTR

I like everything about that style lip except for the mini wings that stand up on left and right egdes :/
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 08:53 AM   #3
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

I wish more companies would make plastic front lips. The look fine painted and they dont cost $1200 every time I clip a driveway!

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 06:23 PM   #4
Richibahn
Rep

I agree. The winglets are a tad annoying but I like it overall. I think it's made the car feel a tad choppy at higher speeds though. Maybe I'm making it up.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 09:55 AM   #5
Chandon
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1M

They look good painted gloss black.. I didn't like the wings before, but once you have a couple of other cosmetics to support them they look fine IMO. I had no issues fitting mine whatsoever, did not need to use a heat gun or leave it in the sun.
The trick is to mount it from one side all the way to the other side.. If you mount the sides first it's impossible to get the middle to line up.

Not my car (he's somewhere on the forum), but I've basically got the same thing.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 10:42 AM   #6
DTR
1 day...
United_States
Rep
Drives: The "OTHER" German

i cant recall but i think someone on here cut the winglets off....
      01-23-2015, 04:14 PM   #7
Ultimateone
OG E46Fanatic
Rep
Drives: 24 Champ White CTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTR View Post
i cant recall but i think someone on here cut the winglets off....
Hmm, I wonder how you could replace the plastic after cutting and make it look good still
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 06:28 PM   #8
Richibahn
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by viciousgook
They look good painted gloss black.. I didn't like the wings before, but once you have a couple of other cosmetics to support them they look fine IMO. I had no issues fitting mine whatsoever, did not need to use a heat gun or leave it in the sun.
The trick is to mount it from one side all the way to the other side.. If you mount the sides first it's impossible to get the middle to line up.

Not my car (he's somewhere on the forum), but I've basically got the same thing.
That's how we ended up doing mine. I started from the passenger side and worked my way to the driver. It's as good as it's going to get, and I actually like it a lot.

I love this photo btw- I've seen a few other shots of it, I actually have the side splitters on the way too in the black polyurethane. Should be here next week.
Appreciate 0