BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

Fixing rear end issue.....

I know I read about this somewhere on here before but after searching for 2 days I can't find it. Maybe I'm putting in the wrong key words or just over looking it but this is the issue:

My '12 135i 6 spd goes left and right while under WOT. I can't exactly remember if the car did it before I had up'd the tires to 225s/255s since I've been deployed for a year. Under any type of driving it doesn't do this but only under WOT. I wanted to read and see what the "fix" would be for this, I was thinking it was the upgrade the rear to some M3 components since I believe this was a somewhat known thing on some 1 series. If someone could just point me in the right direction that would be great.....my search-fuu/google-fuu isn't working to well. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D

Sounds like you're breaking traction and getting a bit of wheel spin as the E-diff does it's thing. You can swap all the components and suspension you want and it won't fix the e-diff issue. Only thing to fix that is a real lsd.
      02-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Arrow Car veers right and left when spinning the wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
I know I read about this somewhere on here before but...
Here you go...

See my post #11. I think you need those rear suspension links Harold @HPA sells. Rear M3 suspension bushings wouldn't hurt either. Is your car lowered? Those rear axle bushings are toast once you lower your car.

Car veers right and left when spinning the wheels
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770293

PS: Try using Google to find stuff here. I have more luck finding old posts using Google. I just type in 1Addicts and what I am trying to search and I almost always find it. Its better than the search engine here.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 05:50 PM   #4
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

Maybe I should have been more clear.....this is from a roll, like highway speed so 60 MPH, 3rd gear punch and not from a dead stop so no traction loss.

I did see your post Dac about you replacing the rear bushings with M3 rear bushings and it stopped the wiggling around, which is what my car does under WOT. And that was the thread I was thinking about thanks! I knew I probably didn't put in the correct key words or over looked it.

Yea I forgot about that, I remember seeing that doing the search with Google for this site works better.
Appreciate 0