BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-05-2011, 03:46 PM   #23
hutch2196
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe & Sunbeam Lotus

Went to my dealer today as I'm supposed to collect my 61 plate on Thr, they were unaware that the 3 packages were being advertised on the BMW UK configure page until I showed them these posts. Was also able to show them that some dealers were honouring the lower price for the Media Package at £1995. My dealer is a franchise so I’m not expecting them to pick up the £750 difference, they have already thrown in options already – this is a matter for BMW UK to resolve. The dealer has raised a formal complaint on my behalf and they will phone me tomorrow to tell me what the BMW UK response is.

I suggested that they would not want to disenfranchise 450 loyal customers, for my part this is the first new car I’ve ever bought and I don’t expect to be treated like this. They can obviously still make a profit at the lower packaged price so why piss off your customers. I’ll post my results tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2011, 04:00 PM   #24
biggles
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3/1M (ordered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch2196 View Post
Went to my dealer today as I'm supposed to collect my 61 plate on Thr, they were unaware that the 3 packages were being advertised on the BMW UK configure page until I showed them these posts. Was also able to show them that some dealers were honouring the lower price for the Media Package at £1995. My dealer is a franchise so I’m not expecting them to pick up the £750 difference, they have already thrown in options already – this is a matter for BMW UK to resolve. The dealer has raised a formal complaint on my behalf and they will phone me tomorrow to tell me what the BMW UK response is.

I suggested that they would not want to disenfranchise 450 loyal customers, for my part this is the first new car IÂ’ve ever bought and I donÂ’t expect to be treated like this. They can obviously still make a profit at the lower packaged price so why piss off your customers. IÂ’ll post my results tomorrow
I can't wait to hear your reply, as I found BMW were just trying to pass the issue back to my dealer! Oh well I guess we'll see!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2011, 07:32 AM   #25
hutch2196
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe & Sunbeam Lotus

Update. My dealer spent all of yesterday afternoon locked in discussion with BMW UK Customer Services Manager, usual buck passing, we reserve the right to change...........blur. Bottom line is my dealer secured a result, once the car is registered, I will get a ref code followed by a full refund for the difference from BMW, which in my case is 750 pounds!

Good luck to all in the pursuit of the same.

Hutch
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2011, 07:56 AM   #26
biggles
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3/1M (ordered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch2196 View Post
Update. My dealer spent all of yesterday afternoon locked in discussion with BMW UK Customer Services Manager, usual buck passing, we reserve the right to change...........blur. Bottom line is my dealer secured a result, once the car is registered, I will get a ref code followed by a full refund for the difference from BMW, which in my case is 750 pounds!

Good luck to all in the pursuit of the same.

Hutch
That's a result mate many congrats. Can I ask which dealer has sorted it for you, and on what grounds did BMW see sense?

Cheers
Appreciate 0