BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-22-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Roadworks

So out with the new Mrs tonight, and heading along Boundary St heading into the Rocks for some late night pancakes.

As i was about to pull onto Eastern Valley Way, i heard the notorious "thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk" coming from my front left wheel - from a fast flat. However the handling didn't feel any different. Having never had a flat in the Beamer i thought it may handle fine under flat, especially as i have RFTs still on the fronts.

I pulled over and inspected the tyre, and found one of those temporary road markings stuck to my front left tyre with hot tar. I quickly removed it and cleaned off the residue tar with my wheel brush (blessing by carrying detailing gear with me!).

I reckon at 12 degrees, had i have gone 2-3 more minutes, the reflector would have been hard stuck onto my front left tyre from the hot tar cooling and creating that unbelievable bond!

Quite lucky - it was actually pretty hard pulling it off, and had only passed through roadworks around 30 seconds earlier!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
jksgoh
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2008 E82 125i  [0.00]
wow lucky you got that off in time, and lucky you keep a wheel brush in your car! your wheels must be damn clean lol
im surprised they let ppl drive on the road with the tar still hot????
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 06:58 AM   #3
brisbaneroller
Rep
Drives: TBC

Thats so annoying! Hope none of the tar got thrown onto the beautiful body.

Hot tar should definitely be policed a bit more effectively!
Appreciate 0