BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-14-2011, 01:48 AM   #23
Orlin
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

I was dealing with DHL when I had some repaired handsets come back from the UK and it was under 1k. They actually let it go trough then called me once I received the goods and asked me to pay money....well the shoe was on the other foot now wasn't it I told them to go to hell and have not heard from them since.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 01:48 AM   #24
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

You can do the paper work etc yourself too - in case you didn't know. It is one of those industries where they charge you an arm and leg to fill in some paper work.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 01:56 AM   #25
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlin View Post
I was dealing with DHL when I had some repaired handsets come back from the UK and it was under 1k. They actually let it go trough then called me once I received the goods and asked me to pay money....well the shoe was on the other foot now wasn't it I told them to go to hell and have not heard from them since.
Clearing customs declaration are all about "self assessment". They shouldn't charge you any port fee, or customs fee as a point to point courier, they are responsible for that. They can charge you duty and tax according to the assessment. In your case, it is more like someone's stuffed up. DHL has worldwide problems at the moment so I am not surprised. Found Fedex is the best of the lot at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 02:04 AM   #26
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlin View Post
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 02:08 AM   #27
130iguy
I'm Riley, I'm awesome
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
I understand the Quarantine check a lot more than the pointless fees that DB Shenker charged me.
a mate of mine got done by them too, he told them to leave them on the plane and he would unload them

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
You can do the paper work etc yourself too - in case you didn't know. It is one of those industries where they charge you an arm and leg to fill in some paper work.
yeh still costs you like 60 or $70 to lodge the claim. i'll just rock up to the brisbane agents office and play dumb, see where that gets me
      06-14-2011, 02:10 AM   #28
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

That sucks mate. Really ticks me off when these guys try to pull that kind of crap.

Hopefully it gets sorted and you get your wheels. Lesson learnt.

Punish them by hurting their reputation and hopefully some sales.
      06-14-2011, 02:13 AM   #29
130iguy
I'm Riley, I'm awesome
Australia
Rep

thing is i wouldnt care if i was told prior to them shipping that they were being sent to a freight forwarding company and that i would have to pay fees..

i'm just pissed that this is sprung on me out of the blue and is eating into my tyre money
      06-14-2011, 06:08 AM   #30
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130iguy View Post
a mate of mine got done by them too, he told them to leave them on the plane and he would unload them

yeh still costs you like 60 or $70 to lodge the claim. i'll just rock up to the brisbane agents office and play dumb, see where that gets me
Could be more as the $70 something is only for electronic lodgement.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #31
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

So I really want to buy VMRs from overseas,

how do I get them shipped without paying exorbitant 'customs fees' here which are cleary BS cause the wheels are only $850USD :S
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 12:32 AM   #32
Looks
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: BSM 125i Coupe

Quote:
+ 1 on this happening to me early last year. It's bs.

I was in the group buy for 18 CSL wheels from Alufelgen and when they finally arrived in Australia they were held up in customs. DB Shenker was the shipping company and they refused to deliver them to my door until I paid them whatever they wanted. My wheels were under $1000 and I didn't know how the system worked so I had to cough up the dollars. I finally got my wheels but it left me with a bitter taste.
Just got the dreaded call from that company. Lady on the phone reckons $350 worth of customs/import tax I need to pay to get my wheels.

What did you do Vinney, just pay and be done with it?

I would be ultra-pissed off if my BMWPE didn't just arrive at my office safe and sound.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 12:40 AM   #33
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looks View Post
Just got the dreaded call from that company. Lady on the phone reckons $350 worth of customs/import tax I need to pay to get my wheels.

What did you do Vinney, just pay and be done with it?

I would be ultra-pissed off if my BMWPE didn't just arrive at my office safe and sound.
Which freight company is it and what is the declared value? Sounds like an expensive package. My experience has been to pay it and be done with it. It's a tough pill to swallow but otherwise you'll delay the whole process and I think there are daily holding charges for the shipment.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 12:50 AM   #34
Looks
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Which freight company is it and what is the declared value? Sounds like an expensive package. My experience has been to pay it and be done with it. It's a tough pill to swallow but otherwise you'll delay the whole process and I think there are daily holding charges for the shipment.
Not sure on the freight company but declared value was under $1000 as advised by the vendor.

Say I just pay it, how long did it take to get to your door? Just trying to weigh up whether or not to go ahead and just pay the thing.

I did email DB Schenker back to see what the $350 was made up of in case the lady pulled it straight out of her clacker...
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 01:46 AM   #35
130iguy
I'm Riley, I'm awesome
Australia
Rep

i rocked up at their office and paid them and took my wheels the same day stuff [aying another $50 or something for them to be delivered
      09-27-2011, 01:59 AM   #36
Looks
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130iguy View Post
i rocked up at their office and paid them and took my wheels the same day stuff [aying another $50 or something for them to be delivered
Hmm. That could be an idea, I might try that tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 02:06 AM   #37
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep

My wheels were sent DB Schenker and I didn't have to pay GST/Taxes BUT did have to pay customs brokerage fees or something of $140-160... grrr.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 02:12 AM   #38
Looks
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
My wheels were sent DB Schenker and I didn't have to pay GST/Taxes BUT did have to pay customs brokerage fees or something of $140-160... grrr.
That isn't too bad... I would happily pay that.

I just don't like the idea of returning the Customs Clearance Authority whereby it asks you to 'guarantee to pay Schenker Australia Pty Ltd any customs duties, taxes or other charges which may become due' - who gives a guarantee to pay an unspecified amount??

I might do what 130iguy did and rock up to their office tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 02:18 AM   #39
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

I suppose one of the reason why I went with Jason instead of getting one from the states as they all seem to ship to airport instead and you get hidden charges...
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 02:39 AM   #40
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep

Yeh if jason had wheels that I wanted I would def get them from him, like I did with my e92, but I was set on a specific design unfortunately...
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 09:24 AM   #41
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Give customs a call - 1300 363 263 or information@customs.gov.au
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 05:11 PM   #42
Gumball
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: A45

I PM'd them last week for a shipping quote and they replied quickly with a price, then I sent a message back asking what courier and the lead time on the item and they then decided they no longer shipped to Australia.

Lucky for me I did not order with them after reading this thread...
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 06:36 AM   #43
-satanic-
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i

My first mod for the 135i and I get stung just like many of you have... I have ordered hundreds of parts from o/seas all without hassle so I'm really feeling the pain on this one (still deciding if I should have known better).

Ordered a CF front splitter from Kerscher (Germany), paid around $450. Shipped by DB Schenker, freight to Sydney included in purchase price. Got a call today saying to clear it from customs, I'm up for $345 (or F'ING 80% of the initial cost?!?)

I've sent a furious email to Kerscher and pretty much put the ball firmly back into their court - it seems they use DB Schenker for everything so I'll let them sort it out with their buying power (rather than me as an individual)

If I end up having to pay the $345, I'll be so pissed off

Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 06:41 AM   #44
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

Ouch that is ridiculous!
Appreciate 0