BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-26-2009, 12:27 AM   #23
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by amk2912 View Post
The only split screen you can get is map and arrow display. Unless someone knows something else........
I think that is what Cargeek is referring to, as I also have the May/08 with Pro Nav and this seems to be what he is talking about.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 01:24 AM   #24
lurker
Private
Rep
Drives: Subaru

Bugger... would have been nice to be able to have entertainment split with the nav. Would save me having to go through multiple input commands while driving to get the things I want up.

I am getting to know how to use the system, but it has some annoying things. I will post some questions if you don;t mind:

* Is there anyway to get rid of the need to press the controller every time you start the system up to get rid of the litigation message?
* I have some favourites set for nav and radio. However I tryed to set a favourite to just show where I was in the nav window without actually navigating to anywhere, but failed. It seems the only way to get this up is to go through the menu system which is a bit annoying with multiple inputs to get it up. Is there an easier way?
* I notice in the units settings in the I drive, you can set the units for speed, fuel usage etc. and you can also set the units for pressure... I have however not seen anywhere where I can see a pressure reading... is there any way to read boost, oil pressure or any other pressure in the I-drive... or is this just a useless setting?
* The main instrument cluster has oil temperature which is great, but I am also used to monitoring coolant temp in my cars previously. Is there any way to view the engine coolant temp. I suspect you could get high coolant temp with reasonable oil temps in some circumstances and could possible have an overheating engine without knowing it.
* Is there a web link to I-Drive tips and tricks (other than the user manual) that would be applicable to my I-drive system that I could read to get the most out of the system??

Thanks guys!!

-- Lurker
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 01:25 AM   #25
lurker
Private
Rep
Drives: Subaru

This is the quote I was referring to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cargeek View Post
I haven't used the one on the speedo. I have my screen split with the journey computer on the right and NAV or Audio on the left. The computer seems to be independent of the NAV. It just tells me the distance, time and average speed since the last reset. I must read of the book to see if I am doing it the right way.
I suspect cargeek must have the later MY09 to do this.

-- Lurker
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 02:23 AM   #26
cargeek
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Old man's comfy car

I have the 09 professional NAV but I'm not sure I can have NAV and music together but I can have music and trip computer. I will have to try it. I still have to press the controller every time I start and if the park sensors are active the NAV ignores the controller completely which pisses me off. Some warning message on my screen won't stop me using the NAV when I am driving. I read somewhere that the Lexus NAV wont operate unless you are stationary. That would annoy me!

I can set one of the favourites buttons to display the map... and the map has a night display option with black sky (and stars) which is less distracting at night . I don't seem to be able to view water temps or pressure settings. I suspect you need the performance steering wheel to do that.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 02:49 AM   #27
Sprey
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

I have the new iDrive (non-folding) and normally drive with the screen split between Map (left) and Entertainment Details (right).

The easiest way to get there is to speak 'split screen, entertainment details'. Sorry if I misunderstood the question.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 03:25 AM   #28
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Hmmm... I can only seem to get NAV to split on the right hand side, and not the left as Sprey mentioned. Having the nav on the left would be better than right I think because it's bigger.

How did you set that Sprey?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 04:49 PM   #29
Sprey
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Hi BBK... I think it is just a matter of checking/ticking 'Split Screen' and then choosing 'Entertainment Details' in the same submenu. From memory, you can also speak it, 'Split screen, Entertainment Details'.

I toggle between that (with voice) and 'Split screen, On-Board computer'. From memory, for some odd reason it is optional to say 'Split screen' for the Computer but you need to for Entertainment.

Here's a picture I took this morning:

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 05:29 PM   #30
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Thanks Sprey, will check it out today!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 07:07 PM   #31
amk2912
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 40d & '12 F10 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprey View Post
Hi BBK... I think it is just a matter of checking/ticking 'Split Screen' and then choosing 'Entertainment Details' in the same submenu. From memory, you can also speak it, 'Split screen, Entertainment Details'.

I toggle between that (with voice) and 'Split screen, On-Board computer'. From memory, for some odd reason it is optional to say 'Split screen' for the Computer but you need to for Entertainment.

Here's a picture I took this morning:

Howard Jones! Now there's a blast from the past! Confession - I recently bought a TIME LIFE collection of 80's stuff. Can't beat KISS at full blast (I was made for lovin' you)!!
Appreciate 0