BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-09-2010, 10:31 PM   #67
Blader
Lotus Exige ClubRacer
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY15 Lotus Exige CR

Garage List
2010 E88 125i  [0.00]
It is my understanding that all 1ers have speakers under the seats.

The base system has 2 door mounted speakers and 2 speakers on the rear parcel shelf of the coupe and the hatch or rear sidewall speakers in the convertible and 2 under seat mounted speakers. These are all powered of the head unit.

The Hi-Fi speaker upgrade adds an amplifier in the boot, 2 speakers next to the mirrors in the doors and upgrades the other 6 speakers for 8 in total. This was previously a 10 speaker upgrade prior to latest cars.

The Hi-Fi Pro upgrade includes a digital amplifier with DSP capabilities and greater power outputs in the boot, further upgraded speakers all round and adds 2 additional speakers in the rear.
      01-10-2010, 03:47 PM   #68
Omarko
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: None

thanks for that Blader, thats bit clearer ... I'll double check it when I pick up the car ...
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 08:24 PM   #69
Omarko
Enlisted Member
Rep

is ti worth it to put an aftermarket exhaust on the 120i auto ?

something like this - LINK

if yes, which one and where can I buy it ? The install looks quite simple as well … Finally, would it require dyno tuning ? Am I asking to much from the tiny 2l ? thanks

also, is replacement of the ECU worth it ? i.e. link - LINK
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 04:42 PM   #70
Omarko
Enlisted Member
Rep

love it !!!!

the rear speakers are a shocker ... .well ... the ones in front door are no better either ... can these be easily replaced (ie can I do it myself) and if yes, which ones would you recommend to get ?

thanks

Alex
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 12:05 AM   #71
Blader
Lotus Exige ClubRacer
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY15 Lotus Exige CR

Garage List
2010 E88 125i  [0.00]
Hey Alex