BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

BMW performance (yellow) springs - where / how to buy?

Where can you buy these springs, and from who?

I am having a really hard time finding them.

Thanks.

Just the springs, not the entire kit.
      06-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #2
cpt97m3
AutoXer
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

I bought mine from getbmwparts.com.

Just send them an e-mail with your VIN number, and they will reply back with the part number for the front and/or rear springs you need. Then just order online with the part number they give you. It's no problem to just get the springs.

There are multiple versions of the springs to account for the different set of options on each car, although I'm guessing the spring height difference is minimal. That's why you need the VIN number to get what BMW thinks is the best matched spring part number.
      06-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
gmane
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt97m3 View Post
I bought mine from getbmwparts.com.

Just send them an e-mail with your VIN number, and they will reply back with the part number for the front and/or rear springs you need. Then just order online with the part number they give you. It's no problem to just get the springs.

There are multiple versions of the springs to account for the different set of options on each car, although I'm guessing the spring height difference is minimal. That's why you need the VIN number to get what BMW thinks is the best matched spring part number.
How much were the springs? I'd like to get a set of these too
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
Evan@Tischer
Rep
Drives: Online Parts Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
Where can you buy these springs, and from who?

I am having a really hard time finding them.

Thanks.

Just the springs, not the entire kit.
Have 'em on special here. (same for the 3's) Just include your vin so we can get you the correct ones based on your vin options and if you were adding the perf suspension kit.

Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | New: Shop Porsche & Audi parts!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
Black Gold
Major General
Rep

Thanks ^^^^^

In the interest of full disclosure for the rest of the forum...

I emailed your shop with my vin and it took 4 days to respond and my question wasn't even fully answered.

Meanwhile, two other vendors replied (one in less than an hour) and fully answered my questions and had cheaper prices by about 10%.

Will at prs ftw for these parts IMO.
      07-03-2012, 12:30 AM   #6
cpt97m3
AutoXer
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmane View Post
How much were the springs? I'd like to get a set of these too
Fronts were $90.26 each. Rears I bought used.
      07-05-2012, 06:44 PM   #7
yaymitch
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS & 2022 RSQ8

Dan @ United BMW has them. Just purchased a set today.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #8
Evan@Tischer
Rep

Quote:
Thanks ^^^^^

In the interest of full disclosure for the rest of the forum...

I emailed your shop with my vin and it took 4 days to respond and my question wasn't even fully answered.

Meanwhile, two other vendors replied (one in less than an hour) and fully answered my questions and had cheaper prices by about 10%.

Will at prs ftw for these parts IMO.
Can you PM me your email address and the date you sent the inquiry?

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #9
Black Gold
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan@Tischer View Post
Can you PM me your email address and the date you sent the inquiry?
Honestly, whats done is done at this point.

I wrote that post about 2.5 weeks ago, and the correspondence with your shop was a week or so before that. Ancient history in my book.

The kit is on the car and working great.
      07-12-2012, 01:31 PM   #10
Evan@Tischer
Rep

Quote:
Honestly, whats done is done at this point.

I wrote that post about 2.5 weeks ago, and the correspondence with your shop was a week or so before that. Ancient history in my book.

The kit is on the car and working great.

Well, "In the interest of full disclosure for the rest of the forum" i wanted to investigate to see why this occured, if you sent the email to the correct address, what the correspondence was exactly, if this was possibly sent when Jason and I were both out on vacation, if this is legit, and most importantly - to make sure it didnt happen again if it was a slip-up on our part.

I was browing this forum today and just saw this post - which caught me a little off-guard... otherwise I would've replied immediately as that is not how we conduct business here.

If you don't want to proceed, no problem either. Glad you have the parts on the vehicle and all is good. Thank you.

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #11
Black Gold
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan@Tischer View Post
Well, "In the interest of full disclosure for the rest of the forum" i wanted to investigate to see why this occured, if you sent the email to the correct address, what the correspondence was exactly, if this was possibly sent when Jason and I were both out on vacation, if this is legit, and most importantly - to make sure it didnt happen again if it was a slip-up on our part.

I was browing this forum today and just saw this post - which caught me a little off-guard... otherwise I would've replied immediately as that is not how we conduct business here.

If you don't want to proceed, no problem either. Glad you have the parts on the vehicle and all is good. Thank you.
sarcasm noted, and not interested in getting into this any further, as i cant see what the point would be.

my account is exactly what happened, and why i bought from someone else. tischer was the first company i contacted. i used the form on your website and also sent you an email with the same topic, as i have bought parts from you before for my e9x m3. i know the message from the form went through because i received a response (albiet a very delayed response)

anyway, the kit is a good value, and i would suggest anyone interested strongly consider it. combined with the e9x front control arm kit, it is a big handling improvemnt over stock. i will say that i was a bit surprised at how firm it rides over harsh pavement, i may consider a more robust shock / strut in the future.