BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
Canefan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 Monaco Blue 135i

Adaptation Question

I installed a JB+ a couple of weeks ago and after running it for a few days, I went ahead and turned it up to 100%. The car felt really different right away and over the next day or two seemed to really come alive. Here's my question - over the last week I really haven't had an opportunity to push the car. It's been a lot of driving around in congested traffic and areas frequented by cops. Today I had an opportunity to really jump on it and it just didn't feel as quick as it did when I had first installed the JB+. Is it possible that after a week of really wimpy driving that the ECU adapted to that style of driving and that's why it didn't really deliver when I hit it hard? Do you need to consistently generate higher boost pressures in order to get the ECU to adapt to them?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Adaption only works with a flash tune. Not with a piggy.

You have simply gotten use to the new power level of your engine.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
Clovef
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Yup I would say you are just more used to the power. It has always happened to me every time I modded in the past. I also think it is part of the mod bug. Now you want a dp. Then you get used to that and want meth. Then a turbo swap or another car. Good luck and may your bank account rest in peace.
Appreciate 0