BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

03-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #67
John Dempsey
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: White 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger_Extract View Post
Never realized that this forum was filled with a bunch of bitter, old men. Nice car, I always liked the Subi rumble.
Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie1 View Post
Why can't we all be friends? I never got why so many car guys shit on e others car to each his own, fu k if we all liked the same shit i't be boring seeing everyone drive a BMW. I had a Subaru STI when I was 17-19 I loved the car but for totally diffrent reasons then why I love my 135i at 25 now.
I totally agree with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by n54door View Post
Dont take it personal, many here are enthusiasts and have had both cars. The majority have had issues with the STi but recognize its a fun car when running. I loved it, but after all the $ spent, I was done. Engines didn't seem to last more than a year...

They are mosts commonly known as money pits, thats all.

Enjoy it, and I sincerely wish you luck.
Dont take it personal?? You specifically attacked me and insulted me. Its not like you said im not a fan of the car but thats my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wescuddles View Post
OP asks for opinions, people give opinions, OP calls them "cocks" and says they're "butthurt".

OP - you mad bro?

You're on a BMW forum with an sti expecting praise and love when it looks like a Halloween costume with a 4 banger attached to it.

Ya OP you're baller. I'm jealous.
First off before you say im expecting praise, i knew most people on here would be dicks about it because as said before this forum is filled with bitter old men. And i asked for opinions, yes, however opinions dont have to be rude douchey insults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
Oh wow. Such an insult! I'm truly hurt. OH MY!

However you failed to mention about my OTHER car, the E86 Z4M

Thats hilarious that you think your z4m is fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkNuts View Post
+2

If you start a thread like this, don't expect praise from everyone. Sure, some were harsh but you can take it better than that.

I think it looks pretty damn cool, but also rather juvenile. Screaming for attention. Both are cool cars and it's good you're happy with the subie. We can't all drive the same car forever.
I wasnt expecting praise from anyone to be honest, just thought id post a picture of my old car and my new car. I kneew most people wouldnt like it however i didnt expect people to feel the need to go out of their way to be rude and talk about how terrible my car was. If you dont like it sure say so, but no need to be a douche about it. I was a part of the 1er community for a very long time, and theyre great cars, but it was time for a change.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #68
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Find me examples where you are right.

At least I drive my car at HPDEs....

.....not throw colorful wheels on it, "stretch" tires over the wheels so it handles like shit, throw mudflaps on the car so all the rallycross drivers think I am cool, make all the fast and the furious boy-racers jealous, then automatically assume someone who drives a subaru is fast.

But what the hell do I know?

At least I have my car doing tri-pods and not having it "stanced" in a parking lot

Your lack of knowledge and personal opinions are hilarious.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #69
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Someone please just lock this thread
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #70
John Dempsey
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Find me examples where you are right.

At least I drive my car at HPDEs....

.....not throw colorful wheels on it, "stretch" tires over the wheels so it handles like shit, throw mudflaps on the car so all the rallycross drivers think I am cool, make all the fast and the furious boy-racers jealous, then automatically assume someone who drives a subaru is fast.

But what the hell do I know?

At least I have my car doing tri-pods and not having it "stanced" in a parking lot

Your lack of knowledge and personal opinions are hilarious.

It is adorable how naive you are. I just did the last BMW CCA event near me and placed fourth out of 87 overall. The closest z4m was over ten seconds behind me and my stanced car
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #71
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dempsey View Post
It is adorable how naive you are. I just did the last BMW CCA event near me and placed fourth out of 87 overall. The closest z4m was over ten seconds behind me and my stanced car
Oh BMW CCA event, how cute. I'm assuming this is RAW time? I'd like to see video.

10 seconds doesn't mean anything. You have driver error, cars probably don't have similar mods...etc etc

If you care to look up results. I placed 1st every since event for my class (Road Tire RWD) for SCCA solo. Times and class rankings are indexed based on car class...not how fast you are in RAW.

330 BHP in a 3200 lb car is nothing slow. I'm pretty sure many can agree with that.

Once again, I see that your arguments are invalid, and I'll leave you to racing the 16 year olds on the street. Maybe you can get a part for the next fast and furious if you throw some flames on the side of the car?

PS - Considering you couldn't properly launch a car a year ago, your posts are taken with a grain of salt. Maybe you can work on your 0-60' time with a car that can do it with power to the front.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611570

Last edited by Kgolf31; 03-18-2013 at 05:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #72
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Autocross doesnt prove anything.

Ive finished at autox ahead of heavily modded E82s in my vert.

Its about the driver, not the car
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #73
ace11
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 1M - A1 quattro - S3

i like both cars..they look equally awesome in their way.i think most of us on here would take one of each if $$$ wasnt an issue..
keep on modding... i like the style!
      03-18-2013, 06:19 PM   #74
John Dempsey
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh BMW CCA event, how cute. I'm assuming this is RAW time? I'd like to see video.

10 seconds doesn't mean anything. You have driver error, cars probably don't have similar mods...etc etc

If you care to look up results. I placed 1st every since event for my class (Road Tire RWD) for SCCA solo. Times and class rankings are indexed based on car class...not how fast you are in RAW.

330 BHP in a 3200 lb car is nothing slow. I'm pretty sure many can agree with that.

Once again, I see that your arguments are invalid, and I'll leave you to racing the 16 year olds on the street. Maybe you can get a part for the next fast and furious if you throw some flames on the side of the car?

PS - Considering you couldn't properly launch a car a year ago, your posts are taken with a grain of salt. Maybe you can work on your 0-60' time with a car that can do it with power to the front.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611570
I agree that autocross doesnt prove anything, however he was talking and posting pictures of him autocrossing. And what types of cars have you been paid to race mr im the best driver in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Autocross doesnt prove anything.

Ive finished at autox ahead of heavily modded E82s in my vert.

Its about the driver, not the car
I completely agree. He was just saying it like my car couldnt function. This thread wasnt meant to be a pissing contest until people decided they were too bitter and one sided to at least acknowledge that there are other cars on the road that can do things better than bmws.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #75
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep

Because subaru is such a strong engine with their ring land failures. Don't forget their world class interior.

I don't care that you drive on a "professional" team. You can't determine why your car would oversteer and how to even launch it. Any "paid" driver those are fairly simple things.

I drove plenty of subarus to know they just aren't that hyped up to be. The salesman treat it like it is gold, it rattles with 6 miles. It is simple, it just isn't that good.

Enjoy the car.

Last edited by Kgolf31; 03-18-2013 at 07:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #76
ParkNuts
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dempsey View Post
I agree that autocross doesnt prove anything, however he was talking and posting pictures of him autocrossing. And what types of cars have you been paid to race mr im the best driver in the world.

I completely agree. He was just saying it like my car couldnt function. This thread wasnt meant to be a pissing contest until people decided they were too bitter and one sided to at least acknowledge that there are other cars on the road that can do things better than bmws.
Soooooo, you hate on him for having a 'slow' car, use some random car in an autocross event as an example to back it up, then you say autocross means nothing?

You're the one who started the pissing contest in an opinion thread after you couldn't take a little (expected) heat...

I think your new car is pretty cool, but the driver....
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #77
Wescuddles
Captain
Rep
Drives: bsm 135i

OP calls people with opinions douchey and rude. OP calls them "cocks" and "butthurt".

OP is a try hard.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #78
b1aze
Just one more taste...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i 6MT MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wescuddles View Post
OP calls people with opinions douchey and rude. OP calls them "cocks" and "butthurt".

OP is a try hard.
OP is just mad that they dumped a nice car for a car that is inferior in almost every aspect of driving, handling and comfort.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #79
HebbNH
Resident Cacodemon Expert
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 135i 6MT

Awesome thread. 10/10. Would read again.
BMS JB4 | BMS DCI | ETS intercooler | ETS charge pipe | HKS SSQV III | CP-E downpipes | BMWP exhaust | P3Cars vent gauge | LUX V3 angel eyes | Weisslicht smoked LED sidemarkers | Blackline LCI taillights | Slek Designs front lip | BMWP grills | Seibon M3 hood | iCarbon CSL trunk | iCarbon rear diffuser | BMWP suspension | Yokohama Advan Neova AD08s | Work Brombachers - FLOSS edition | H&R spacers | TC Kline studs | Project Kics R40 lugs
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread