BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-11-2009, 01:36 PM   #441
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: TBD

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
Totally awesome that Dinan is doing SO much for our cars, but I do agree with the posters in the thread - "competitively priced" will probably still being too much. Don't get me wrong, I feel their flash is worth the $$, but everything comes with "Dinan tax"... Once we get all of the install details worked out with Jan, I'm pretty sure the Quaife will be on my "necessary" list of mods. :smile:
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 02:26 PM   #442
EINS
Simply One Great Car!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i SGM Coupe

Garage List
2008 E82 / 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
I am planning to get an quaife LSD installed in the next couple of weeks. I will let you know guys how it goes.

Any one planning to go to Auto show?
A Quaife LSD is definitely in my future for my 1.

-Jeff
      01-25-2009, 07:45 PM   #443
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Bueller? ...Bueller? ...Bueller?

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2009, 08:41 PM   #444
coolguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsherri View Post
Bueller? ...Bueller? ...Bueller?

Look someone made this a sticky with the influence of a high profile modder
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #445
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Nice!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 07:32 AM   #446
EINS
Simply One Great Car!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i SGM Coupe

Garage List
2008 E82 / 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Cool!

Also, I have create my "EINS garage" so check it out.

-Jeff

Last edited by EINS; 01-26-2009 at 08:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 09:27 AM   #447
worldclass1975
Rep
Drives: 550i

BMW US Military Discounts

Here is an email on the service I received from Mike Calton with Bavarian Motor Cars. I placed my order whilst serving in Iraq. I have referred several customers his way. First time I met him was in Germany when taking delivery of my new car. I am one of the few customers who get to meet him, as mainly his business is over the internet with serving memebers world wide
who take delivery of their car at a US Port.

Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 3:51 PM
To: Jeff D
Cc: mike.calton@bavarianmotorcars.de
Subject: Re: Assistance

Mr. D,
I purchased my car through Mike Calton while deployed to Iraq which in itself add to complication, However Mike made this the easiest and
least stressful car buy I have ever experienced. I have bought several new cars face to face in dealerships and I truly believe that buying over
the Internet is the easiest experience as its hard to be intimidated, not that Mike would ever do this, but Im sure you have been to a dealership
and felt the pain of dealing with a new car salesman.

The process is very simple and easy. You pick what you want or even close to what you want initially. Once you have decided you tell Mike and you arrange
the initial fee for whichever car you decide to buy to get the car to start building. I ordered a 2009 and I think I started in Mid July so I had much more room
for changes due to my car didnt start build until Sept 1st. After you nail down everything you want I would suggest arranging the financing or paying the car
outright as soon as possible so you dont have to deal with that later down the road and once the car is built it can be picked up immediately.

I would not trade this experience for anything. Mike is a very smart and motivated guy on Minis and BMWs. I was bouncing back and forth on either the M3 or the
550i. I had never driven either but have a friend that owns an M3. Mike sent me info on both cars and gave me his opinion. The best part is I truly feel he
led me to the proper car for me and believe it or not the M3 I was considering was probably going to cost the same if not more than the 550i I ordered.

Also Mike is like a personal assistant through the whole process not just a Salesman in my opinion. Anytime I had a question I shot him an email and I can tell you
Im not an easy person to please when buying a car. I sent more than 50 emails pertaining to the car and Mike always had an answer whether it was what I wanted to hear
or not which means Mike does not do lip service. He tells you how it is.

I hope this helps you in easing your concerns on buying a car overseas. I would do it again and gain if the opportunities present themselves again.

Respectfully,
James Olson
SSG, USA

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 5:46 PM
To: Mike Calton, Bavarian Motor Cars GmbH, Military Sales
Subject: 550i

Mike,
Id just like to thank you for steering me towards the 550i. I still every now and again think I wanted the M3 more but the 550i is by far the
better all around car. Its bigger more luxurious and I dare say much better looking, at least to me. It would have been a chore piling three kids
in the back of an M3 for jaunts down the road. Maybe when the wife inherits the 550 I will go with an M3, who knows. For now I will enjoy
everyone telling me, to include the local dealers, that I own their favorite BMW.

You are an exceptional BMW salesman and if its possible for me to buy through you again even if Im in the states I would do it in a blink of
an eye. Once again thank you for the true BMW buyers experience and making it the least painful car buy in my life.

Jimmy

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 11:02 AM   #448
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EINS View Post
Also, I have create my "EINS garage" so check it out.
Checked and it looks great. I did one too!

Your future mod is a great choice. I hope to do the same (among other stuff that may be on order... ).
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2009, 10:30 PM   #449
slamako
Metal cutter
Canada
Rep
Drives: 135i 08 6MT Sed Red Met.

New to this forum and a recent 1 owner. Live in Windsor and wanted to introduce myself. My 1'er is parked in the garage until the snow is off the roads. Interested in any future meets
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 12:09 AM   #450
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamako View Post
New to this forum and a recent 1 owner. Live in Windsor and wanted to introduce myself. My 1'er is parked in the garage until the snow is off the roads. Interested in any future meets
Welcome! Be sure to subscribe to this thread - I'm sure things will pick up a bit locally once winter clears.

Any plans on mods for the spring? I know I have a few en route...
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 09:08 AM   #451
bmwzone
Captain
Rep
Drives: Black 5.0 (ordered), 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Dude - you've got to be missing your 1! We've ordered a Taurus SHO for next winter which should help buffer having to store mine when I'm back up there and my 1 is in the garage. Just have to get my garage spiffed up like yours. I might be calling you in the late summer to meet up if you are interested in helping a fellow 1addict install a cp-e. I'm still bone stock and haven't heard a better sounding 1 yet.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 09:21 AM   #452
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwzone View Post
Dude - you've got to be missing your 1! We've ordered a Taurus SHO for next winter which should help buffer having to store mine when I'm back up there and my 1 is in the garage. Just have to get my garage spiffed up like yours. I might be calling you in the late summer to meet up if you are interested in helping a fellow 1addict install a cp-e. I'm still bone stock and haven't heard a better sounding 1 yet.
Seriously, it's KILLING me... but having a nice pile of mods stacking up in the garage is helping me cope!

I saw some details on the SHO this weekend and it looks like a very promising vehicle. My father-in-law is retired from Ford and said that one may end up replacing my mother-in-law's Lincoln MKZ... It's GOTTA be better than that thing!

Regarding the "garage spiffing," I'm not sure of its current state, but let me know if you need a recommendation on drywall finishing. Mine was nothing but semi-finished drywall when we moved in. I have a guy that did: sanding, more mud, finish sanding, molding, 2"x10" base-board & two-tone paint for like $500... Mind you, that included material! I did the rest myself.

And just let me know when you want to install the cp-e exhaust... Mine will probably sound a little different by then due to some "changes" that will be occurring shortly (don't worry, it'll be thanks to MORE cp-e goodness, not less!).
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 06:55 PM   #453
slamako
Metal cutter
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Welcome! Be sure to subscribe to this thread - I'm sure things will pick up a bit locally once winter clears.

Any plans on mods for the spring? I know I have a few en route...
No mods planned yet. I'm new to this. This is my first sports car..ever! I plan on going to Gingerman in April as my friend is hosting a track day (3 Balls Racing) I want to learn how to drive first and then think about mods. I was also told my mods will be determined on what I want it to do...brakes, coilovers for track, chip and slicks if I want to do good 1/4 mile times...either, I'm just experimenting for now.

Would love to see your car sometime to see the difference in what mods can make!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 08:46 PM   #454
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamako View Post
No mods planned yet. I'm new to this. This is my first sports car..ever! I plan on going to Gingerman in April as my friend is hosting a track day (3 Balls Racing) I want to learn how to drive first and then think about mods. I was also told my mods will be determined on what I want it to do...brakes, coilovers for track, chip and slicks if I want to do good 1/4 mile times...either, I'm just experimenting for now.

Would love to see your car sometime to see the difference in what mods can make!
There are a few Michigan guys with a range of mods. So far mine are mostly power mods; however, there are a few running coilovers, brakes, etc. Praveen (coolguy) has an LSD, which is pretty high on my list of priorities and about the only thing these cars are lacking. So really, depending on what you'd like to check out, we can probably find someone that has it.

I'm not sure what your level of experience and confidence is, but IF you're relatively "green" then I'd say this car is capable of wayyy more than you are (no offense... it's just a very capable car).

Really, the only thing I'd say you *need* is tires.

Oh and who's your friend w/3 Balls??
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 10:52 PM   #455
slamako
Metal cutter
Canada
Rep

Quote:

I'm not sure what your level of experience and confidence is, but IF you're relatively "green" then I'd say this car is capable of wayyy more than you are (no offense... it's just a very capable car).

Really, the only thing I'd say you *need* is tires.

Oh and who's your friend w/3 Balls??
I fully agree with you, no offense taken. I'm kinda anxious/nervous about the upcoming track day because quite frankly, I'll have no idea what to expect or do. I will go in with no expectations and make sure I don't roll the car (!) My first outing is to drive and have fun.

My friend w/ 3Balls is Daniele-another Windsor fella. He's tracked previously a Probe, Prelude and now an MR2.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 08:19 PM   #456
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

new to the MI 1-er family:

09 135i coupe, LeMans blue:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243504
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 10:51 PM   #457
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post

Welcome!

I need your name, location and trim type/color in order to finish filling out your info on the LIST.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 11:13 PM   #458
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep

PM sent!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 10:39 AM   #459
bmwzone
Captain
Rep
Drives: Black 5.0 (ordered), 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
I love your car! Blue is awesome. And you got the extra M trim! NICE. Cool wheels. Are those run flats still I presume?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 11:04 AM   #460
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
I love your car! Blue is awesome. And you got the extra M trim! NICE. Cool wheels. Are those run flats still I presume?
What's this Roundel + Mercedes jazz in the avatar, man? You rockin' both??

Oh and I think we should start considering another MI 1er meet sometime soon. The one last year took FOREVER to organize, so it can't hurt to start early, right?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 12:32 PM   #461
hooner35
Make every day a great 1!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [9.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post

Welcome.

Nice wheels!

It's time for me to wake my car up too.
Happy spring every1!
      03-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #462
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
thanks! Still the BS RE050 run-flats. I recall some new owners are receiving their cars w/ a different run-flat brand (dunlop?).
Appreciate 0