BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-27-2014, 03:13 PM   #1
SecretAsianMan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911

Tips for filing complaint /w BMW USA?

Well, our 2010 135 has been having problems with something related to the door/window (see my other thread: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=991694)

The car has been in so many times to try to repair this and they can't figure it out. Now they're offering to replace a bunch of parts that they think might fix it, but it's just a guess. Here's the huge catch: if I accept their offer to replace these parts (not sure what, my wife took the call) they will consider that the last good will repair and will not entertain further requests to fix it on the now-expired warranty.

This problem literally happened within 30 seconds of picking up the car when we bought it BRAND NEW at the same dealer! This is ludicrous.

I think I'm going to need to work with BMW USA directly on this before moving forward. Any suggestions on who to contact or how to get this covered?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 02:29 PM   #2
BLU135i
Senior Chief Petty Officer USN
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X5 35d

Can you prove that it happened right after you bought it? Is there documentation with BMW that you had this issue while still under warranty and they just could not find the source/ fix it? If so I would think you have a chance. I think the key with any complaint would be to include that documentation of the problems history and their lack of being able to solve it.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 10:25 PM   #3
B777flyboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i carbon black

Garage List
2013 Bmw 135  [0.00]
Would like to know the fix. Had the same thing happen once on my new 2013. Problem disappeared but would like to know should it return.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 08:20 PM   #4
AntonV
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sedona/Savanna 135i

Are you a CCA member? We have access to an ombudsman who is a pro at expediting BMW NA claims.

2005 BMW F650 GS - Mandarin Yellow - Farkled
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 10:44 PM   #5
SecretAsianMan
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks fellas.

Most recently we declined their "final good will fix" and they told us to contact them if the problem happened again - lo and behold it happened within 5 minutes of picking it up. We took a video of it and started documenting every time it happened, and sent them a comprehensive log a few days later.

They got a rep from BMW USA out there now and have had the car for a few more days (fortunately this time giving us a loaner). Fingers crossed!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 11:00 PM   #6
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

Why don't you or didn't you lemon the car?

And what dealership are you going to? Just want to know since I'm from WA as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 05:20 AM   #7
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
if this is a problem which is a documented repeated service issue from before your warranty ran out it will still be covered after your warranty as well. my suggestion is that you contact a different BMW dealer and explain to them the situation OR you take it to an indie shop and have them look at it.

BMW USA are pretty shitty IMO. my 135is went up in a pile of steam 60 miles after picking it up brand new. I called BMW USA about 7 times to make them see the gravity of a new car doing that upon delivery and they were cold, non responsive, and annoying to talk to....just empty apologies. lol

My 1M had a wonky window when I picked it up which was immediately fixed under warranty with a new window regulator and it's perfect now.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 12:02 AM   #8
SecretAsianMan
Enlisted Member
Rep

I certainly would have lemoned the car long ago, but it's my wife's car and let's say that she has been less than diligent about getting this taken care of?

Anyways, they had the car for a week or two (this time gave us a loaner thankfully) and replaced the footwell module which seems to have fixed the problem. But now there's no sound from the door speakers, ugh.. I'm sure it's just a connector that needs to be plugged in, but it's a huge hassle.

I'm a little hesitant to name the dealer until we get this all sorted, but Yelp and other sides don't exactly give it stellar reviews.
Appreciate 0