BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
Blader
Lotus Exige ClubRacer
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY15 Lotus Exige CR

Garage List
2010 E88 125i  [0.00]
My loan car ;)

Well the lease on the BMW finishes tomorrow and my new vehicle finishes its cruise from the UK on the same day. So the awesome guys at Lotus Australia and New Zealand have given me a loan car till mine is delivered.

Evora IPS with Sport, Premium Sport and Tech Packs.

It had 860km on it when I picked it up.
Attached Images

Last edited by Blader; 06-14-2013 at 11:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 02:39 AM   #2
Blader
Lotus Exige ClubRacer
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY15 Lotus Exige CR

Garage List
2010 E88 125i  [0.00]
I guess it is a Porsche Cayman competitor. It is priced halfway between the Cayman and the Cayman S. The performance is closer to the Cayman.

I haven’t driven the new Cayman but have driven the previous model in base and ‘S’ form and the new Boxster in both forms. It drives very well with one of the best ride/handling compromises of any passively suspended car I have driven. The steering is light but full of feel and when moving in traffic or cruising along it is stress free and easy but hit the Sport button and open up the exhaust and make use of the paddles and it is transformed.

The boot is not huge, but the tiny rear seats make a great parcel shelf and they remain much cooler. The door opening is a challenge but once inside the Sports Seats pretty much everything you can see or touch is covered in black red stitched leather or black SuedeTex. The switches apart from the indicator and wiper are bespoke aluminium. It feels special.

It is a bespoke hand built car that is certainly not for everyone. It was probably designed for less money than BMW spend designing a steering wheel. But like BMW’s M cars it is designed and developed by real car guys to be something special.

The engine may come from a Toyota but it certainly doesn’t sound like one with the exhaust in Sport Mode. The auto box is not as good as the DCT/PDK or the latest 8 Speed BMW however the real metal paddles have a beautiful action and it works. I have only driven a manual Evora S on the track and it is not the world’s greatest manual gearbox so I would probably have the IPS.

It is a different choice but that does not make it any less of a valid choice. I have only had it just over a day but in a way it is easier to drive in traffic as people let you merge or join the traffic way more frequently than in a BMW