05-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #45
Ky1M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Z3-M///Coupe ,AW1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_vB
I'd consider trading my AW for black. More important, I'd think about trading my loaded car for a zero option stripper...

Of course I think the tax man would try to take their pound of flesh on any such transaction, which makes it far less likely...
In my state even trades are not taxed. That would make it nice.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #46
Chill
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M BSM

I am finding my BSM to be very difficult to keep clean in the area I live which is populated with strawberry and lettuce and artichoke farm fields. The roads are always dirty and therefore this car is dirty 20 minutes after a wash. I had an AW on order but it fell through and I jumped on the opportunity to get into this BSM car (with absolutely no regrets). Was even worth a plane trip to Witchita Kansas and back! I still dream a bit about an AW 1M with blacked out wheels and a deep tint ....
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #47
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, M6 GC, 718GT4, F355GTS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill
I am finding my BSM to be very difficult to keep clean in the area I live which is populated with strawberry and lettuce and artichoke farm fields. The roads are always dirty and therefore this car is dirty 20 minutes after a wash. I had an AW on order but it fell through and I jumped on the opportunity to get into this BSM car (with absolutely no regrets). Was even worth a plane trip to Witchita Kansas and back! I still dream a bit about an AW 1M with blacked out wheels and a deep tint ....
I had a line on my BSM without having ordered it so I jumped on it. I would trade anyone for an AW in a heartbeat and wouldve gotten it from the start if I'd had the option. I'd black out the wheels and any chrome the day i got it as well. Anyone down for a trade?
      05-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #48
Pete_vB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '69 GT3, GT4, 1M, 912

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMH View Post
I had a line on my BSM without having ordered it so I jumped on it. I would trade anyone for an AW in a heartbeat and wouldve gotten it from the start if I'd had the option. I'd black out the wheels and any chrome the day i got it as well. Anyone down for a trade?
Stripped? Loaded? Miles?
      05-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #49
silvs
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M VO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Ein View Post
DUDE! I'm a HUGE Flyers fan also! So VO was a no-brainer...I bleed orange!
Excellent! Always fun to meet another fan, but in TX is surprising!

I drive mine to games a fair bit, get a lot of good looks in the parking lot.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 11:52 PM   #50
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky1M
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrain
I really have no desire for VO (sorry guys who have it, just too much for me). If I had ordered one new I probably would have ordered AW. I love my BSM though, I would have a hard time giving it up.
Texas heat in black? I have 4100 miles only one mod black grille. White would be a cool change
Texas heat in black? Hell yeah. Use the remote to roll the windows down on the way to the car.

The a/c is up to the task of Texas heat as well. I wouldn't trade my BSM for the other colors, and I am definitely happy it is the rarest of the three to boot!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 12:39 AM   #51
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Detail
I see some of the mod'd white cars online and really think they look great, classic M car euro look and I love it. Honestly however when my VO is freshly clean and the metallic is popping off the finish I just can't help but adore the color because it really is a beautiful color and just the right hue... yes its "orange" but the best way I can describe it would be to call it the proper orange and the perfect shade.

Any VO owner owner will tell you the car looks like 2 different animals when you drive it on a sunny day and when you drive it on a cloudy day, I like that...

I still wonder about white every time I pass a cop though, VO is a bit more noticeable
If black were not available then VO would have been my next choice. You are correct on the color changing, but I prefer the beautiful full color in the sun. VO looks rather blah on cloudy days to me, it really looks like the 135 color, which really isn't anything near as good looking.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #52
Ky1M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Z3-M///Coupe ,AW1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill
I sent pm for info.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #53
IndyMike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 11 VO 1 M/22 G42 Thundernight

Coming in on the secondary market has its definite advantages, although in the case of the 1 M it's diminished commensurate with the low volume of units to choose from.

While performing ED of the frau's E91 Touring in June 2011 I was fortunate to see two of the colors in-vivo.

VO was displayed prominently in Da Welt and I had ample opportunity to inspect and crawl all over it while waiting for my appointed pick-up time. In the showroom it really popped under the artificial lighting, but I was curious if it held up as well under natural lighting outdoors.

The day before I was to turn in the Touring for dropoff to Login/Out at the Munich airport I decided to recon the route and also take it to a self-serve car wash that was near the airport. The first time around on the ring I missed my turn to Login/Out, but noticed out of the corner of my eye a nice AW 135. Once I came back around and made the proper turn it then struck me that the reason it was especially nice is because it was in reality a 1 M.

So the next morning after arriving at Login/Out parking lot just as I was getting out the Touring to go inside I glanced out the rear view mirror and lo and behold a really bright orange car passed by behind and pulled in a couple of cars down. Once I got my bearings I realized right away what it was.

It was a beautiful, bright sunny day and even though you could tell this car had been driven hard and put away dry and dirty VO was still popping in its natural radiance.

I decided then and there that I had to talk to the lucky owner, and after talking with him for 15 minutes he hands me his business card which reveals that he is the Editor in Chief of BMW Blog, a super nice chap named Horatiu Boeriu.

Horatiu divulged that he was on a dual mission of both picking up his personal 1 M via ED, and also doing some test drives for upcoming articles on the M135 and M6 (tough gig, huh? ).

During our discussion he gushed about his experience of driving the 1 M in Europe, and he unabashedly said it was the best M car he had ever had the pleasure of driving.

The upshot is that I knew if I ever were fortunate enough to be able to swing one of these puppies VO would be at the top of the list.

So although I'm still a bit bummed that Le Mans blue was not offered on the palette, after 4 months of living with VO I can say it still blows what's left of my thinning hair back.

But again, considered the circumstances anybody would be blessed to have any one of the three colors, especially considering once you're belted down in the cockpit they all look the same from inside.

"Before You, Lord, We Bow" - Francis Scott Key
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #54
mlcgd21
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, G20 BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMike View Post
Coming in on the secondary market has its definite advantages, although in the case of the 1 M it's diminished commensurate with the low volume of units to choose from.

While performing ED of the frau's E91 Touring in June 2011 I was fortunate to see two of the colors in-vivo.

VO was displayed prominently in Da Welt and I had ample opportunity to inspect and crawl all over it while waiting for my appointed pick-up time. In the showroom it really popped under the artificial lighting, but I was curious if it held up as well under natural lighting outdoors.

The day before I was to turn in the Touring for dropoff to Login/Out at the Munich airport I decided to recon the route and also take it to a self-serve car wash that was near the airport. The first time around on the ring I missed my turn to Login/Out, but noticed out of the corner of my eye a nice AW 135. Once I came back around and made the proper turn it then struck me that the reason it was especially nice is because it was in reality a 1 M.

So the next morning after arriving at Login/Out parking lot just as I was getting out the Touring to go inside I glanced out the rear view mirror and lo and behold a really bright orange car passed by behind and pulled in a couple of cars down. Once I got my bearings I realized right away what it was.

It was a beautiful, bright sunny day and even though you could tell this car had been driven hard and put away dry and dirty VO was still popping in its natural radiance.

I decided then and there that I had to talk to the lucky owner, and after talking with him for 15 minutes he hands me his business card which reveals that he is the Editor in Chief of BMW Blog, a super nice chap named Horatiu Boeriu.

Horatiu divulged that he was on a dual mission of both picking up his personal 1 M via ED, and also doing some test drives for upcoming articles on the M135 and M6 (tough gig, huh? ).

During our discussion he gushed about his experience of driving the 1 M in Europe, and he unabashedly said it was the best M car he had ever had the pleasure of driving.

The upshot is that I knew if I ever were fortunate enough to be able to swing one of these puppies VO would be at the top of the list.

So although I'm still a bit bummed that Le Mans blue was not offered on the palette, after 4 months of living with VO I can say it still blows what's left of my thinning hair back.

But again, considered the circumstances anybody would be blessed to have any one of the three colors, especially considering once you're belted down in the cockpit they all look the same from inside.
Nice write up mate, appreciated
Appreciate 0