BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-10-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
icabod7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Coupe

Brighter Foot Well

Took some time to install the stainless steel foot pedals this weekend. What a pain in the ass -- the accelerator was the easiest part, but each pedal took around 30-45 minutes. I'd get 3 sides on and then one would pop off or the rubber would detach from the stainless steel. All worth the effort though -- I'm really satisfied with the look.

Thanks to AndyM's installation guide -- it was great to know what tools were needed and what to expect.

Some Additional Tips:

1. Accelerator Pedal -- pop off the plastic cover to the T-30 torx screw slowly -- its easy to scratch and bend the plastic.

- Also, when detaching the wire from the old pedal, you need to push-in the plastic clip with your finger and thumb and pull down forcefully. It takes a little effort.

2. Pedals

There's no easy way to do this. I didn't have rubbing alcohol but I did try some water with a tiny bit of soap -- didn't seem to help much. What I would have killed for was a small metal flat wedge -- I ended up using a file-like device to wedge in and move all the way around.

Keep a vacuum handy -- there was a lot of dirt behind the accelerator pedal.

Pic:

cdv delete | clutch stop | bmw performance ssk | meisterschaft gt | berk mids | dinan cai | helix fmic | m3 subframe bushings, swaybar, front and back suspension bits | dinan stage 1 suspension | dinan cf strut brace |gc camber plates | dinan oil cooler | apex ec-7s w/PSSs | cobb stage 1 + fmic
Appreciate 0