BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
atiened1
Atiened1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i Jet Black

Recommended Tint shops in Northern NJ or NYC area

Anyone have recommendations for Tint shops in the Northern NJ / NYC area?

So far from the previous posts in this forum, Top of the Line and Tropic Tint were mentioned, but also stated that they were the more expensive options.

Anyone have other suggestions for more reasonable prices, but still good quality?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
gwasmad
Rep
Drives: -

Tom - the are of tint

I just got my 135i tinted by Tom - The Art of Tint - and one of his assistants today. The tint he used was 20% Ceramic Llumar. The job was done immaculately. He and his assistant did this job in less than one hour. He met me where I park my vehicle, his usual price by $50 because he did not have to rent a spot where he does some of his work downtown. I simply met up w/ him at the garage, moved the car to under the light, and they went straight to work all the while maintaining a full conversation... this guy has been doing this for decades, and was one of the first if not the first to do a one piece back window in NYC. Price is right for immaculate results. Yesterday he did a yacht. He does work for BMW dealerships. I highly recommend him if you are looking for a good tint job.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 12:19 AM   #3
atiened1
Atiened1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i Jet Black

Did you do all windows (fronts, back, windshield)? If so do you mind sharing the price
Appreciate 0