BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-02-2008, 08:16 AM   #23
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

YEP, outside and on the street 40% of the time. Thats a big reason I will get Alpine white.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 08:19 AM   #24
imported_135Driver
Addict
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malves85 View Post
My car will also be outside under a nice big tree with lots of birds. My car is the car you see on the highway with bird crap from hood to trunk and wonder what is wrong with that guy. I have to wash my car as often as I shave just to keep it somewhat clean. My current car is leased so I could really care less but when I get my new baby there is no way it is getting dirty. Im trying to figure out how to build a car port at the end of the driveway to keep the car nice and safe. Something with a sturdy roof and solid sides but completely open front and back. If I get the car before anything is built then a big blue tarp is hanging between my house and the neighboors house, ghetto style but will keep the bird crap and leaves off the car in the meantime.
:iono:
Chop down the tree!
Boston Lemon Leather
High-Gloss Black Trim
Sports Package
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 08:56 AM   #25
bmrgrl
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malves85 View Post
My car is the car you see on the highway with bird crap from hood to trunk and wonder what is wrong with that guy.

I am doing Alpine White too! My CA said that he used to have a 318ti in that color and it pretty much washed itself in the rain... :wink:
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 09:06 AM   #26
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

I have had 2 white cars and its 99.9% easier then black to keep clean. With white if you are in a hurry or just want to get some mud off the car, a quick wash is 5 minutes, no real need to dry, no spots, just dry the windows and coat the tires w/Meguiars Tire Gel.

With black, you have to wash in the shade, dry with micro fiber towels, and then once you drive it, the water comes out from trim, etc. and spots allover. WHITE is JOY.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 10:22 AM   #27
dclee1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Hell no - I currently live in an apt and street park, but when the 1er comes I'll pony up the extra $150/mo to keep it protected from weather and horrible drivers/parkers.