BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-10-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
kalvar
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135i 6MT All-Black

Brake problem?

Greeting Addicts! I got my '09 135i back from the dealer's body-shop yesterday, after being bumped in the back by an idiot driver recently (rear bumper and one rear wheel replaced); car looks and runs as good as new, except for one thing - the brakes! They feel much softer and seem to engage only during the second half of the brake pedal motion. Any thoughts on how/why this may be related to the work done on car? Appreciate your response...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
shodanusmc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 135 Vert

If thjey just replaced one rear wheel, they should not even have had to mess with the brakes or a brake line. If they did have to pull the hose or anything, you may have air in the system....or could it be from the weather, or from sitting some rust formed. Maybe is seems different if you were driving a loaner.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
kalvar
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135i 6MT All-Black

You were absolutely right, shodanusmc! Took the car back to the dealer and the Tech confirmed after a test drive that they apparently drained too much Brake fluid while fixing my car, so there was some air in the brake line (which doesn't compress as well as brake fluid when braking);Fixed now; Cheers!
Appreciate 0