BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-12-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
akak1997
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 135 @ 135mph

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
HD Radio Low or No Volume

I've HD Radio and Premium sound and I notice that when switching between HD and ST, the volume is quite noticeably Lower.

Sometimes, in HD, I get ZERO volume, no matter how high I turn the volume control. In that situation, the system will not switch back to ST, so I've no sound whatsoever until I either turn it off and on or switch it to another channel. I think the receiver is getting HD signal but somehow can't process it or something. When I switch it off and on, I get HD with volume for a few seconds (~3sec) then it goes mute again. Same thing happen if I switch to another channel which also has HD, after ~3sec... mute.

This tends to happens for a period of time, (i.e a few days) then it goes away. The unit will switch between HD and ST normally and volume different is not as noticeable. But since yesterday, it came back again.

Has anyone experience the same thing? Does this sound like a signal strength issue or a bad HD Radio? I cannot reproduce this, it happens so randomly, so I don't know if taking to the car back to the dealership would help or not.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
1Ronnie
Ronnie
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 Sedona 128i

I couldn't find anything on a search for you, but have you gone through the troubleshooting notes in the sticky at the top of this Topic? It does sound unusual, and after following the troubleshooting guide for HD, you may want to get it checked at the dealer.

Try and see if you can find a process that is easy to replicate for the dealer.