BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #1
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

1M at Charlotte Cars and Coffee

I know that everyone loves a good 1M picture, so I figured I'd share what I saw this morning along with a little "hello wave" from yours truly.

This is actually sean67's car and I thought it would be nice to share. I'm telling you, this is NOT what the car looked like when I saw it directly. It's like a ghost image on my iPhone. It looks WAY more red in pictures. What a fantastic color! It takes photo's REALLY well, but I have to say I'm really excited to see my BSM on Wednesday! As amazing as this color is, I think the BSM will just look a little more aggressive. Not to mention, Sean's been convincing everyone in Charlotte to go with VO, so I'm glad that I'll be different! I also threw in another picture for you old timers out there.

Great meeting you Sean. Look forward to seeing you again soon! Next time, we'll have to head to C&C together.

bmw02 by v1k0d3n, on Flickr

bmw01 by v1k0d3n, on Flickr

Last edited by v1k0d3n; 10-01-2011 at 12:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
sean67
Private
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Brandon,

Nice meeting you and your girlfriend today. Sorry I could not change your mind on the color. You know the a VO 1M with the M button on gives you 7.5 more RWHP than BSM or AM

Enjoy your PCD this week, I am still smiling from mine. Drive lots of miles quickly to get that 1,200 mile service as quickly as possible.

Sean
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #3
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

LOL about the color decisions.. believe it or not.. in the DFW area... looks like BSM will be the most popular, with at least two delivered and two more on the way.. I know of only a single VO car for the metroplex.... and currently two AW, with a third on the way..
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #4
rusty racer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB, 2011 R8 v10 spy

Should have been there

Ughh. Worked overnight so didn't make it to Charlotte CnC this am. Wish I had been there. VO by VO would have intimidated your color choice.

J/K you will love BSM I am sure. Can't wait to see it. Maybe we can plan to all park together at CnC next month.

And by the way Steve at autoshield did my paint protection and tint last week. It looks awesome and now yours will be even easier for them

Jonathan

Last edited by rusty racer; 10-01-2011 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: fix picture link
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 03:02 PM   #5
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Steve does amazing work. I like how he checks all the template vendors with you, to find out the best coverage for your car. Let's definitely get together next month. I can even meet up sometime in the next couple weeks or so if you want (would be perfect for the Blue Ridge). Maybe we can get some others to come along too? I don't want to take over the 1M thread on this topic though, so IM me if you want to get a 1M group ride together. I definitely want to put some miles on the car so I can get the first service out of the way before winter.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 03:03 PM   #6
Impervious
UNC FTW
Pakistan
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 135i

Hey I was there too today although I did not drive my 135. I spoke to the 1M owner briefly, he seemed like a cool guy. That was the first 1M I have seen in person. Valencia Orange seems to change in every photo I have seen so it was nice to truly see one. I was amazed at how much more aggressive the car looked. The 135 has always looked aggressive but the 1M is even more so.

I know what you mean about the Black Sapphire, my 135 is BSM and you will not be dissapointed!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #7
cracka
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
LOL about the color decisions.. believe it or not.. in the DFW area... looks like BSM will be the most popular, with at least two delivered and two more on the way.. I know of only a single VO car for the metroplex.... and currently two AW, with a third on the way..
Chalk up 1 more VO on the way to Dallas; likely won't be here til late December though.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #8
elro
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i Glacier Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
My VO is on the way. I have PCD Nov 4th and even though I now live in Miami, i will be moving to Dallas in January so you can ad one more VO to the metroplex list....
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #9
sean67
Private
Rep

[QUOTE=Impervious;10528685]Hey I was there too today although I did not drive my 135. I spoke to the 1M owner briefly, he seemed like a cool guy.

Thanks, I try.

Please plan on bringing your 135 next month and if we get a ride together like Brandon suggested.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #10
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracka View Post
Chalk up 1 more VO on the way to Dallas; likely won't be here til late December though.

Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elro View Post
My VO is on the way. I have PCD Nov 4th and even though I now live in Miami, i will be moving to Dallas in January so you can ad one more VO to the metroplex list....
welcome to DFW....!

Wow... Looks like there are going to be about 15 1Ms here in the DFW area... I forgot about another fellow that I know of that also has ordered BSM...
Appreciate 0