BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
skwirl
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Trouble replacing low beam halogen bulb on driver side

I decided to upgrade the stock halogen bulbs to some GE Nighthawk Platinums. Replaced the passenger easily enough, but I'm having trouble with the driver side.

I can't seem to remove the rear cover from the headlight housing on the driver side out of the engine bay. I can release the two metal clips that clamp it to the headlight housing, but there isn't enough space between the headlight housing and the airbox for me to wriggle the rear cover out of the engine bay completely. With the rear cover moved to an angle, I can replace the high beam bulb just fine but there isn't enough room for my hand to access the low beam bulb.

Am I missing something incredibly simple? Never would have thought I'd have trouble with a headlight bulb replacement...
Appreciate 0