hollysmac
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Bmw 228xi Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fueledbymetal View Post
Will 17" or 18" 1 series wheels have the correct offset & brake clrearance to run on the 1M? I thought picking up a used set would be a cost effective way to aquire wheels for winter tires.
Last fall in anticipation of getting either a E92 M3 or my beloved 1M I upgraded from 17"s to 18"s for winter. I got a set of 18 x 8.5s with 225 Pirelli SotoZeroes for $1,445.87 from Tirerack. The wheels are TR Motorsports light grey C-series center cap. They are not bad they look like the old SSRs. I got to test them out when I had to have them on for 3 weeks when I ruined a wheel & tire last month. I even took a trip from Buffalo to Vermont with no drama. The one change I will make is to use my Rogue engineering spacers. They do look stupid. But hey it's winter and narrow is better.
Sorry about the lousy pictures but it was raining and I took them from the garage steps with my iPhone The day I was going in to get the real wheels put back on.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 01:33 AM   #24
GrumpyBimmerFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2CS 6spd

what's the cheapest option for winter wheel/tire set up? Can it be done for $400-500?

getting all seasons on the stock rims? which all seasons are best?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 01:43 AM   #25
viva1MVO
Private
Rep
Drives: 1M

Been doing some research online.
Anyone have experience with 19inch snow tires?
I'm planning on just mounting snow tires on the stock rims, tirerack has Pirelli's in the right size for those rims.
I've been hearing mixed things about such a set up.
Would mainly be for city driving, not going to take the car up to go skiing or anything. But ofcourse if I'm stuck somewhere with steep hills, I'd like things to work
Appreciate 0