BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-17-2014, 11:42 PM   #1
Mortify
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i m sport

Ken @ WedgeTuning

Hey I wanted to put my 2 cents in on this guy. But a little back story first.

I bought my car at the end of January and was ready to be FBO by the end of next week, usually I'm very handy with mechanical and electronic mods and had just upgraded from JB4 G4 and installed the walboro 255 inline pump, so I was looking for a back end flash to the DME.

I thought I had read the instructions enough times and had started to do the process. I backed everything up, downloaded (what I thought at the time) the correct firmware version and started flashing. After about 20 minutes an error pops up, hardware software error 0x0B. I try everything, literally working on the issue from 1pm until 8pm then giving in to the forums for assistance. I email Ken at 9pm and not even 15 minutes later he responds with his cell phone number.

I explain the situation, he gives me some instructions but I won't be able to do until the morning. I do said steps and I get a whack more issues, can't find anything online.. I decided to call him at 8am, little do I know he's pacific time and I, eastern. Man I'm dumb. He picks up anyways, and eventually after having some very unique issues, him having to manually search for programming codes for my car and remotely taking over my desktop WHILE HES AT WORK - Everything gets fixed.

The guy was patient, explained the steps he was going through (I'm curious to a fault) and was very pleasant. At the end of the day he even offered me a personal tune for 70% e85, and after running a few logs in map 7 I can confidently say wow. The car pulls like a mother fucker. He helped me with reading my logs after, and even a day later threw me a follow up text to make sure everything was okay.

I've been blown away by Ken's giving nature and wanted to share my awesome experience with you.

Thanks Ken!
Appreciate 0