BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #1
UnknownPerson
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bike

Are white bmw's popular?

Last edited by UnknownPerson; 11-08-2021 at 07:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 09:44 PM   #2
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
I would say black is most popular, then white not far behind.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 09:50 PM   #3
Richard135i
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: .

Hey Zo,

Keep an eye out next weekend as there definately will be a AW 135i Coupe driving around. Probably will be around The Edge or Burger Inc in Newtown depending on what we feel like eating. But I will be driving so keep an eye out.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 10:15 PM   #4
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Hey Zoperd & welcome to the forums!

AW tends to be the choice here in Sydney. However, there are an increasing number of Blacks going around.

I personally really enjoy the AW; you'll find that the cars tend to put out a LOT of brake dust. When i mean a lot, i mean HEAPS - and that ends up all over your wheels and the rear of the car very quickly. As we all know, black is very hard to keep clean and appear clean.

So unless you're a cleaning fanatic, i'd suggest AW, just because they look utterly beautiful at night, day, whenever
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 10:56 PM   #5
UnknownPerson
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard135i View Post
Hey Zo,

Keep an eye out next weekend as there definately will be a AW 135i Coupe driving around. Probably will be around The Edge or Burger Inc in Newtown depending on what we feel like eating. But I will be driving so keep an eye out.
I'll keep an eye out, yours is the exact combo I was thinking of getting, alpine white with coral, looks extremely nice! I live and work over in Highton which is just around the corner from Newtown so will hopefuly see you driving around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
I would say black is most popular, then white not far behind.
I see a lot of black bmw's around my area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taymaishu View Post
Hey Zoperd & welcome to the forums!

AW tends to be the choice here in Sydney. However, there are an increasing number of Blacks going around.

I personally really enjoy the AW; you'll find that the cars tend to put out a LOT of brake dust. When i mean a lot, i mean HEAPS - and that ends up all over your wheels and the rear of the car very quickly. As we all know, black is very hard to keep clean and appear clean.

So unless you're a cleaning fanatic, i'd suggest AW, just because they look utterly beautiful at night, day, whenever
Thanks for the welcome!

Keeping the car clean is one reason I want a lighter colour, I have a sparkling graphite 320i atm and it's difficult to keep clean, even though I work next to a car wash, haha.

Thanks a lot for the replies so far, really helping the decision!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 11:00 PM   #6
BMWDave
Totally Add1cted
Australia
Rep
Drives: X1 Xdrive23d

Garage List
2011 BMW X1 23d  [7.66]
Over here in the west, if you were to believe the BMW Car Club WA meets, all 135i's are Le Mans Blue!
      05-11-2010, 11:43 PM   #7
Liub
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: E8

Alpine White with Coral Red here Expect delivery next week!

My car will be around the CBD/Docklands/St Kilda Rd a lot . I do know there's a White with Black leather coupe down here at Docklands where I work.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 12:22 AM   #8
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
However, there are an increasing number of Blacks going around.As we all know, black is very hard to keep clean and appear clean.
Welcome to the forum Zoperd..

And thats because, once you go Black, you cant go back...
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 12:27 AM   #9
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
White is popular with the same people that thought wearing a white tux to the school formal was a good idea...
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 12:32 AM   #10
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyv View Post
White is popular with the same people that thought wearing a white tux to the school formal was a good idea...
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 12:38 AM   #11
harpoon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

I thought white tuxes were da Bomb? Im'm sure they were in '92?? Damn.
      05-12-2010, 12:42 AM   #12
Superdaws
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 F87 BSM M2C

Le Mans Blue !

ZoperD, i know that name from somewhere else???

2020 MY21 BMW M2 Competition 6MT | Black Sapphire
OLD 2010 BMW 135i M Sport 6MT | Le Mans Blue
2016 BMW F15 X5 30D | Sapphire Black | Black Leather
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 12:43 AM   #13
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
I thought white tuxes were da Bomb? Im'm sure they were in '92?? Damn.
They where back in '82 when I got married..

Last edited by Zuzu; 05-12-2010 at 12:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 01:15 AM   #14
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

AW/Black interior here. All my previous cars have been black and they are real PITA to keep clean. When black is clean it does look the best imho. I chose the 135i in AW because I really like how the carbon accents stand out so if you plan on doing carbon fiber diffuser etc, I think it will look most noticeable on AW. I think the new M3 looks fantastic in AW and it's an easy way to save 2k on metallic paint as an option. Also, AW is pretty hard to keep clean but it's so much easier than black. Of course, at the end of the day I'm biased because I love my 1er!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 01:19 AM   #15
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Welcome to the forums mate.

I'd go getting a black car up in Darwin was one of the worst decisions I made, it's a nightmare to keep clean and shows up all defects. I get mine detailed every 2 weeks and it's still mostly covered in dust and bugs!

I had a Le Mans Blue 525i in Perth and that was much easier to keep clean, but Perth probably had a lot to do with.

Next car is going to be White or Space Grey!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 01:30 AM   #16
05C4R
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

AW is definately the most popular colour when you trawl the interwebs, bmw seem to use it alot too, looks good with dark wheels and a carbon spoiler
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 01:43 AM   #17
aus135i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

AW with RED leather = SEX!!!
if u plan on getting any carbon parts it just have tobe white... other ways it just look wrong! (works on black but not as well as white, and just fugly on other colors) my 2c =)
      05-12-2010, 04:04 AM   #18
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus135i View Post
AW with RED leather = SEX!!!
if u plan on getting any carbon parts it just have tobe white... other ways it just look wrong! (works on black but not as well as white, and just fugly on other colors) my 2c =)
I must admit, Red interior is hot.

And i'm also coming around to Crimson Red exterior. If i end up in the USA with my M3, she'll be a crimson!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 04:11 AM   #19
UnknownPerson
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDave View Post
Over here in the west, if you were to believe the BMW Car Club WA meets, all 135i's are Le Mans Blue!
Le Mans Blue is a really nice colour. For my previous car I had a Holden Commodore SV6 in Impulse Blue, Impulse Blue seems to be a bit more purple in colour than what Le Mans Blue is, I much prefer Le Mans Blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liub View Post
Alpine White with Coral Red here Expect delivery next week!

My car will be around the CBD/Docklands/St Kilda Rd a lot . I do know there's a White with Black leather coupe down here at Docklands where I work.
Congratulations on the purchase! Which dealership did you purchase from if you don't mind me asking? My current 320i is from BMW Melbourne, they were excellent when I dealt with them last time, however this time around I'll be doing a lot more shopping around for quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Welcome to the forum Zoperd..

And thats because, once you go Black, you cant go back...
Thanks! I've been lurking for long enough, I thought I'd register and at least start posting.

My first car was Black which is why I'm tending to lean towards not getting another black car. I love the colour, but I don't have the time to wash it multiple times a week. Having said that, I haven't completely ruled out getting it in black though. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyv View Post
Haha, I've never owned a white suit. In fact, most of the time I lean towards darker colours when it comes to clothing etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
AW/Black interior here. All my previous cars have been black and they are real PITA to keep clean. When black is clean it does look the best imho. I chose the 135i in AW because I really like how the carbon accents stand out so if you plan on doing carbon fiber diffuser etc, I think it will look most noticeable on AW. I think the new M3 looks fantastic in AW and it's an easy way to save 2k on metallic paint as an option. Also, AW is pretty hard to keep clean but it's so much easier than black. Of course, at the end of the day I'm biased because I love my 1er!
I do plan on getting the carbon fiber diffuser and spoiler, not sure about the mirrors as I haven't seen them in person, will have to find some more pictures and make a decision.

Probably one of the nicest photos of an AW 135i I've seen was posted in the Alpine White photos thread, new2the3 was the owner of the car I believe.

[/QUOTE]

The 261's look awesome on it, it's probably my favourite angle for the car, shows of the lines perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alik01 View Post
Welcome to the forums mate.

I'd go getting a black car up in Darwin was one of the worst decisions I made, it's a nightmare to keep clean and shows up all defects. I get mine detailed every 2 weeks and it's still mostly covered in dust and bugs!

I had a Le Mans Blue 525i in Perth and that was much easier to keep clean, but Perth probably had a lot to do with.

Next car is going to be White or Space Grey!
I was reading on the Final Inspection detailing forum how black on the newer BMW's is extremely soft and is more susceptible to scratching and swirls.

Thanks again for replying everyone, it's much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 04:15 AM   #20
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Put it this way, ANY BMW looks good in any colour. It's just a matter of choice. For me, i would disown you if you chose Cashmere.

I find white looks particularly brilliant in dusk/night conditions. I think it stands above the rest during those hours.

Best of luck in your choice I'll attach a few pics of my white baby in a few mins for you
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 04:16 AM   #21
UnknownPerson
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdaws View Post
Le Mans Blue !

ZoperD, i know that name from somewhere else???
Hey mate!

You know me from Eve Online, was in ANZA for a while earlier this year, had to leave the game due to real life commitments taking priority (work etc).

I noticed you on here whilst I've been lurking over the last few months, wasn't 100% sure if you were the same person or not.

I've been reading the Eve forums every now and then trying to stay up to date, I must remember to login and start training up my characters again in case I do decide to return to the game.

Last edited by UnknownPerson; 05-12-2010 at 04:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 04:21 AM   #22
UnknownPerson
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Put it this way, ANY BMW looks good in any colour. It's just a matter of choice. For me, i would disown you if you chose Cashmere.

I find white looks particularly brilliant in dusk/night conditions. I think it stands above the rest during those hours.

Best of luck in your choice I'll attach a few pics of my white baby in a few mins for you
Sweet, that would be awesome. Thanks!

I've got about 8 months until I'll be ordering the car, however instead of leaving it to the last minute to decide on the colour, I've decided to give myself plenty of time. Last time it was an on the spot decision, I won't do that again.
Appreciate 0