BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-26-2011, 02:13 AM   #45
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavaletta View Post
Absolutely. I'm with Gazz on this. I admire Steve's "I'm okay, you're okay" approach, but there is no way I am suffering any acne-faced 17 year old taking my Angry Jaffa for a "test drive" around the block!!
hahaha! I don't think Steve meant "take it for a spin, no worries"! But more have a look but don't stuff around with the Angry Jaffa!

Same goes for Angry Ameera, happy to have them look and sit or whatever just no spins.

Ultimately and sadly, we have very little control on this - it all depends on the nature of the dealer and they are sadly not the most truthful or considerate pykees!
      05-26-2011, 02:36 AM   #46
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineM3E92 View Post
Here he is!!!!!!!!!!

Wooo Hooo

Action items on the to do list, pre deliver stuff, wheels and side repeaters in matt black, pickup on the 10th!
Looks amazing Alpine! Properly excited now - she should look amazing after the plastic surgery!
      05-26-2011, 03:06 AM   #47
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

wow the first three documented 1M's into the country are all white!!!!

AW FTW?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 03:18 AM   #48
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Quote:
The Dealer rang me, over the top with excitement he was, more so than me. hahahaha It just arrived at BMW Melbourne and he took some shots for us. Having already seen one in in the metal in Germany I knew what it looked, smelt and felt like.... I told him I didn't want people sitting in it, drooling was ok on the paint but no sitting in or driving him
Sorry, I already sat in it today. And started her up, and gave her a gentle blip of he throttle. All I can say is, WOW! On all account. Looks great, sounds so much tougher than 135i, and even the interior is nice. I can't wait for my Jaffa!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 03:40 AM   #49
RadiuM
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i, 97 GTR VSpec

did anyone get one which isn't white? I think the orange/black will show the pumped guards alot better.
      05-26-2011, 03:59 AM   #50
lavaletta
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 04 3.0i Z4; 09 135i; VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiuM View Post
did anyone get one which isn't white? I think the orange/black will show the pumped guards alot better.
Yup.

But it's sitting on the wharf in Brisbane! Ahhhhhh!!
      05-26-2011, 04:30 AM   #51
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavaletta View Post
Yup.

But it's sitting on the wharf in Brisbane! Ahhhhhh!!
I'm tempted to fly up just to see what this colour looks like!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 05:03 AM   #52
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

It's official he's famous!

http://www.ausmotive.com/2011/05/26/...australia.html

Hahaha
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 08:17 PM   #53
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
Sorry, I already sat in it today. And started her up, and gave her a gentle blip of he throttle. All I can say is, WOW! On all account. Looks great, sounds so much tougher than 135i, and even the interior is nice. I can't wait for my Jaffa!
Did you test out how quickly it got to the redline?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 08:50 PM   #54
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Hurry up guys! Where are your cars??!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 09:20 PM   #55
gazz
///Mbassador
Australia
Rep
Drives: The horse I fell off

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Hurry up guys! Where are your cars??!!!
Tomorrow morning pickup. This is my last post. JK.

Don't be pestering me for pics. I doubt I could add to anything that's already been posted all over the net. If I feel particularly inspired by a shot that's different or interesting then I may post it. However I am more than happy to state my impressions for what they are worth and answer questions for any who may be interested.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 10:18 PM   #56
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazz View Post
Tomorrow morning pickup. This is my last post. JK.

Don't be pestering me for pics. I doubt I could add to anything that's already been posted all over the net. If I feel particularly inspired by a shot that's different or interesting then I may post it. However I am more than happy to state my impressions for what they are worth and answer questions for any who may be interested.
THE Badge of honour will be a photo with an Australia number plate in shot (and in focus), "proof of life" you might say.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 10:31 PM   #57
gazz
///Mbassador
Australia
Rep

Quote:
THE Badge of honour will be a photo with an Australia number plate in shot (and in focus), "proof of life" you might say.
What happened to transporter proof? Okay not proof but strong circumstantial evidence. Boo.

Just remembered. Will be at the Gold Coast BMW club meet tomorrow night. Check with them should ye be a doubter.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 11:22 PM   #58
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazz View Post
What happened to transporter proof? Okay not proof but strong circumstantial evidence. Boo.

Just remembered. Will be at the Gold Coast BMW club meet tomorrow night. Check with them should ye be a doubter.
Trucks don't count sorry, besides Steve was in shot with his car and mine was shot at the Melb dealer B4 yours was sighted (allegedly).
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 11:34 PM   #59
130iguy
I'm Riley, I'm awesome
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 Comp

such a shit stirrer alpine.. you just mad that you havent laid eyes upon your beautiful little car yet
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 11:36 PM   #60
gazz
///Mbassador
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130iguy View Post
such a shit stirrer alpine.. you just mad that you havent laid eyes upon your beautiful little car yet
You are an astute observer of character young 130iguy. Don't push him he's sensitive you know.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 11:42 PM   #61
130iguy
I'm Riley, I'm awesome
Australia
Rep

the funny thing is that he wont have a legitimate Aus plate on his car til it gets back to canberra

so his statement has only made his situation worse

btw you guys should call me Riley.. i dunno why i didnt just go with that in the first place..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 12:37 AM   #62
Steve Brown
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: June 2011, AW 1M coupe

Quote:
Just to add to the badinage, I have just received a phone call (1300 hrs)from Perth Auto Classic informing me that BMW Australia has failed to inform the Australian licencing authorities about the new 1M. They therefore, do not have sufficient "coding" (whatever that is) to register the vehicles today, Monday 30 May. I am still going to pick mine up at 3:30 this arvo and will demand trade plates and see how I go with that. As has been discussed many times before on this forum, BMW are mighty fine engineers and manufacturers but their local Australian run operations are not the best. The sympathetic response from my contact at AC was along the lines of...."well, the car's not officially released until 1st June"
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 01:33 AM   #63
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Your point is

Quote:
the funny thing is that he wont have a legitimate Aus plate on his car til it gets back to canberra

so his statement has only made his situation worse

btw you guys should call me Riley.. i dunno why i didnt just go with that in the first place..
Nah, I gave up the race when I decided to have the wheels done in the same colour as the 1M GP Pace Car, that means off to the BMW Paint shop and off comes the tyres and a few days work ensues. Besides it is not mine, it the Mrs car so I don't care
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 01:35 AM   #64
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Brown View Post
Just to add to the badinage, I have just received a phone call (1300 hrs)from Perth Auto Classic informing me that BMW Australia has failed to inform the Australian licencing authorities about the new 1M. They therefore, do not have sufficient "coding" (whatever that is) to register the vehicles today, Monday 30 May. I am still going to pick mine up at 3:30 this arvo and will demand trade plates and see how I go with that. As has been discussed many times before on this forum, BMW are mighty fine engineers and manufacturers but their local Australian run operations are not the best. The sympathetic response from my contact at AC was along the lines of...."well, the car's not officially released until 1st June"

Get some of those "1 Series M Coupe" BMW plates and a 48 hour permit (at the dealers Expense) and have some funnnnnnn!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 01:46 AM   #65
130iguy
I'm Riley, I'm awesome
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Besides it is not mine, it the Mrs car so I don't care

that sounds like my dad when he bought mum an ML500 & himself a z4.. guess who drives what now
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 02:05 AM   #66
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Brown View Post
sorry to hear that hopefully it works out for you! AC are a bunch of idiots!

Just came from AC to check out your car and saw the salesman leaning on your paint while talking to a customer that was going over your whole car with his grubby little fingers

So envious of the 1M it looks so hot in real life and I so want those wheels on my car!
Appreciate 0