BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-20-2011, 06:22 PM   #67
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
not but but all of them are under exposed. maybe messed up camera settings??
      03-21-2011, 08:13 AM   #68
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhang View Post
Yeah...I wonder if he was using Auto mode and do the Lumix Fz's underexpose out of the box? If not and he was using manual mode then he really should just get an entry level DSLR and learn that first and save the money (maybe buy a couple of decent lenses...i know I keep saying that, but i truly believe it helps).
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #69
elanus
Private
Spain
Rep
Drives: 120d E87 N47 130kw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
Yeah...I wonder if he was using Auto mode and do the Lumix Fz's underexpose out of the box? If not and he was using manual mode then he really should just get an entry level DSLR and learn that first and save the money (maybe buy a couple of decent lenses...i know I keep saying that, but i truly believe it helps).

hi guys.

the sturday was a very very shining day, so much shining, all the settings in manual, speed obturator on 1/100 (less imposible 1/60 1/40... more overexposure) for pics in motion, diaphragm on 8f (maximum go to 2.8 at 8f), exposed -2, and all the pics left overexposure... in that day i belive i saw the limite of my lumix... i dont konw...

opinions..? the pics was take it at the 13-14pm

sorry for my technical inglish... is realy bad and can lead to confusion

Last edited by elanus; 03-21-2011 at 05:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #70
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
hai elanus!

I've no idea what you just said.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #71
elanus
Private
Spain
Rep

this is an original pic in jpg, and trying to lose as much as possible exposure could not, I had to get exposure to the editor of photos

03-21-2011, 05:34 PM   #72
elanus
Private
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
hai elanus!

I've no idea what you just said.

hi, sorry mi english is realy bad ajjajaja i hope you can understandme...
      03-22-2011, 01:57 AM   #73
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elanus View Post
hi guys.

the sturday was a very very shining day, so much shining, all the settings in manual, speed obturator on 1/100 (less imposible 1/60 1/40... more overexposure) for pics in motion, diaphragm on 8f (maximum go to 2.8 at 8f), exposed -2, and all the pics left overexposure... in that day i belive i saw the limite of my lumix... i dont konw...

opinions..? the pics was take it at the 13-14pm

sorry for my technical inglish... is realy bad and can lead to confusion
Quote:
this is an original pic in jpg, and trying to lose as much as possible exposure could not, I had to get exposure to the editor of photos

We should probably move these posts over to the photography thread...or better yet Elanus you make a new thread asking photographic questions....but I will try to answer your post with my limited amateur knowledge....from the way the pictures above look you def. do not yet need a 7D or anything like that....not saying you couldn't learn on it...but why spend all that money right now? Anyway...you could certainly use 1/100 shutter speed, and f/8.....but with an exposure compensation of -2 and still overexposed leads me to believe that your ISO setting was too high causing your camera's sensor to be overly sensitive to the light....if you had tried a lower ISO setting you might have had a better exposure....no worries Photoshop is our friend...I fixed it with "levels" and created the below better exposed photo (at least IMHO...others can comment) :

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 05:03 PM   #74
elanus
Private
Spain
Rep

Quote:
We should probably move these posts over to the photography thread...or better yet Elanus you make a new thread asking photographic questions....but I will try to answer your post with my limited amateur knowledge....from the way the pictures above look you def. do not yet need a 7D or anything like that....not saying you couldn't learn on it...but why spend all that money right now? Anyway...you could certainly use 1/100 shutter speed, and f/8.....but with an exposure compensation of -2 and still overexposed leads me to believe that your ISO setting was too high causing your camera's sensor to be overly sensitive to the light....if you had tried a lower ISO setting you might have had a better exposure....no worries Photoshop is our friend...I fixed it with "levels" and created the below better exposed photo (at least IMHO...others can comment) :

Hi adrean, the iso was 80, use the lowest... the configuration was iso80, F8, speed 1/100 (1/60 or 40 more exposure), exposure -2 (minimum), and all the pics came out overexposed... that day was a very shining day... i think that was the trouble...

in your photo is lost in the details of the car too, I mean the car's silhouette

i prefiere a pic whit more detail y less exposure... maybe question of tate...

edit: one more thing... i dont have photoshop... i will have to get

03-23-2011, 01:10 AM   #75
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
^^For sure some details are lost in the my example (just a quick example though...you can still get the details in the car just takes a bit more post processing work)....I dunno...still wouldn't buy a $2k camera at this time....
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 04:30 PM   #76
elanus
Private
Spain
Rep

Quote:
^^For sure some details are lost in the my example (just a quick example though...you can still get the details in the car just takes a bit more post processing work)....I dunno...still wouldn't buy a $2k camera at this time....

ok, thanks

the idea of buying a good camera was to have it for a long long time and not be out of date, by the way ... how is my English ... understand me? hahaha
      03-23-2011, 05:14 PM   #77
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

for the people who know what you're talking about, we can piece together your english, so don't worry too much.

If i were in your shoes i would take into consideration the 60D as it has the same sensor as both the 550D and the

however, the functions in the 60D will be above your abilities at this time, but it will let you have a lot more controlability then the 550D.

Going to the 7D will be taking things a step to far in my opinion, it's just taking the 60D and making it more confusing by adding more functions

the 60D takes SD cards, so they will likely be the same as the ones used in your Lumix (could be wrong) and they are also a lot cheaper.

I would buy the body only, but invest the spare money you saved on a good piece of glass for the camera. Something that is good from a wide angle all the way to a short telephoto, maybe a 17-85mm or something like that.

The 60D has all the video capabilities of the 7D, has a more advanced auto focus then the 5D (wouldn't recommend for your needs) and almost all the same functionabilty as teh 7D Unless you are doing really really high speed wildlife or sport type photography, there really isn't a need for the 7D

the swivel view finder on the 60D is supposed to be really handy when shooting video, and i know my friend uses his swivel pretty often when he wants a different point of view for a photo and doesn't want to exert himself (has a bad back)

almost any DSLR camera is going to be an improvement over a point and shoot, it just has the ability for you to manipulate the scene a lot more. Obviously there will be a learning curve, but don't go into Manual mode untill you've learned all you need to know. The other functions can take you 90% of the way to where you want to be without having to control every detail.

another benefit of 60D over the 550D is the battery in it is the same as the 5D and 7D, lots more shots before having to recharge it.

any more questions, feel free to PM me, and i'll see what i can do to help, I've done lots of research on the Canon bodies. I'm not the best photographer, but i know the functions.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 02:30 AM   #78
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
for the people who know what you're talking about, we can piece together your english, so don't worry too much.

If i were in your shoes i would take into consideration the 60D as it has the same sensor as both the 550D and the

however, the functions in the 60D will be above your abilities at this time, but it will let you have a lot more controlability then the 550D.

Going to the 7D will be taking things a step to far in my opinion, it's just taking the 60D and making it more confusing by adding more functions

the 60D takes SD cards, so they will likely be the same as the ones used in your Lumix (could be wrong) and they are also a lot cheaper.

I would buy the body only, but invest the spare money you saved on a good piece of glass for the camera. Something that is good from a wide angle all the way to a short telephoto, maybe a 17-85mm or something like that.

The 60D has all the video capabilities of the 7D, has a more advanced auto focus then the 5D (wouldn't recommend for your needs) and almost all the same functionabilty as teh 7D Unless you are doing really really high speed wildlife or sport type photography, there really isn't a need for the 7D

the swivel view finder on the 60D is supposed to be really handy when shooting video, and i know my friend uses his swivel pretty often when he wants a different point of view for a photo and doesn't want to exert himself (has a bad back)

almost any DSLR camera is going to be an improvement over a point and shoot, it just has the ability for you to manipulate the scene a lot more. Obviously there will be a learning curve, but don't go into Manual mode untill you've learned all you need to know. The other functions can take you 90% of the way to where you want to be without having to control every detail.

another benefit of 60D over the 550D is the battery in it is the same as the 5D and 7D, lots more shots before having to recharge it.

any more questions, feel free to PM me, and i'll see what i can do to help, I've done lots of research on the Canon bodies. I'm not the best photographer, but i know the functions.
Good writeup! Here is a quick comparo I found of the three body's you mention in your post: http://www.digitalrev.com/en/canon-e...s-6509-article
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 05:10 PM   #79
elanus
Private
Spain
Rep

thanks a lot, adrean, jzhang, the1...

the1, your last post is very clear!

edit: no doubt i will consult you... good at all, you, adrean and jzhang XD jjaajjaj a lot of thanks

Last edited by elanus; 03-24-2011 at 05:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 11:22 PM   #80
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
anytime man!
      03-25-2011, 04:12 AM   #81
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
thanks a lot, adrean, jzhang, the1...

the1, your last post is very clear!

edit: no doubt i will consult you... good at all, you, adrean and jzhang XD jjaajjaj a lot of thanks

No prob. Head over to the photography/video section of the site if you have any further questions...there are a good number of really good photographers on this site and they have good information (some of them are professionals as well...)!
Appreciate 0