BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #45
UR25IO
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i M-SPORT DCT

OK so I just got off the phone with NRMA to discuss the sub $200 premium price increase
yes I understand you have to consider the whole environment surrounding the car and location.

But basically the guy had told me, I reported my car being in an acciddent (note at fault) and that has bump the price up and if I was at fault it would of gone up a fair bit..
As for my agreed value, it will depreciate every year and it not a fixed value for the life of the policy, and market value is what its worth on that exact time and date!

So he is really telling me not to report and acciddent that my car gets into or else my premium will increase!

what a load of shit! INSURANCE company are such scammers but we can not do with out them!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #46
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
Oh and meth, lmfao i can see the look on the coppers face now, perhaps if i shove a bmw sticker on the tank it'll pass............
That's not a bad idea. Going to find an OEM looking sticker to out on
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 12:57 AM   #47
Giveway74
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 130i and MK7 Golf GTI PP

All insurance company's spend lots of $$$ on profiling risk on cars, suburbs, age brackets, sexes, people etc.
Some insurance companies even profile down to the street and house number in the street.
If a particular address has not queried or changed insurance company's in the last 2 years they will try and bump up the price.

Try it yourself when getting quotes and put in a different house address in your street with all other details the same.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #48
bfi2906
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giveway74 View Post
Try it yourself when getting quotes and put in a different house address in your street with all other details the same.
I can confirm this -- My wifes Benz is insured with GIO. We got the renewal, and it was up by about 25%. So, I went through the process of getting an online quote, but I changed the address to the house next door, so they couldn't do an address match, and simply "spit out" the same renewal.

I'm not sure whether their computer systems are THAT clever, but it's certaily possible, so i decided to make that minor change. My missus called to ask for the online quote to be honoured - She called 'cause they wont speak to me because it's not "my policy" - they'll only speak to the policy holder - they don't seem to have a problem accepting a credit card from me though, even though I'm not the "policy holder" - funny that.

She was told they couldn't do the same price as the online quote, because the house next door was a lower risk location - No, we're not on acreage - so it's just BS.

Unfortunately, she accepted it, so we paid $200 more than we needed to.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 12:11 AM   #49
DBE
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Just have her ring and cancel it and get a pro rata refund. That kind of conduct is unacceptable and should be reported. Go elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #50
Kirst
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BSM e82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfi2906 View Post
I can confirm this -- My wifes Benz is insured with GIO. We got the renewal, and it was up by about 25%. So, I went through the process of getting an online quote, but I changed the address to the house next door, so they couldn't do an address match, and simply "spit out" the same renewal.

I'm not sure whether their computer systems are THAT clever, but it's certaily possible, so i decided to make that minor change. My missus called to ask for the online quote to be honoured - She called 'cause they wont speak to me because it's not "my policy" - they'll only speak to the policy holder - they don't seem to have a problem accepting a credit card from me though, even though I'm not the "policy holder" - funny that.

She was told they couldn't do the same price as the online quote, because the house next door was a lower risk location - No, we're not on acreage - so it's just BS.

Unfortunately, she accepted it, so we paid $200 more than we needed to.
That's absolutely ridiculous, there is NOTHING that makes houses within a few meters of each other any more or less dangerous. I'd cancel and get a pro data refund if I was you. Have always been with NRMA and have never had an issue with getting the lower price from them, that is unacceptable conduct on GIO's part
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 01:57 AM   #51
3lucidus
Eat Sleep Trance
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP

You guys should make sure that you take benefit of all the discounts you can get with nrma.

Mines is discounted by $3500.

Multi car policy, house insurance, ctp greenslip and road side assistance.

Im 24 with 1 claim not at fault in the past 5 yrs and got quoted $2k on a SG 135i after the discounts and with my olds as named drivers.
Appreciate 0