BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

View Poll Results: Favorite Colors
Jet Black/Sapphire Black Metallic 13 15.48%
Montego Blue Metallic 8 9.52%
Monaco Blue Metallic 4 4.76%
Titanium Silver Metallic 5 5.95%
Sparkling Graphite Metallic 13 15.48%
Crimson Red 6 7.14%
Sedona Red Metallic 4 4.76%
Alpine White 26 30.95%
Platinum Bronze Metallic 0 0%
Other...(Please State Your Color) 5 5.95%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

09-16-2007, 06:32 PM   #1
128er
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Favorite Color??

Ok I know this has been done before, and I know you guys know that the color is pretty important to me. So, what are your favorite colors on the 1er?
-Steptronic
-Premium Sound
-Xenons

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2007, 09:35 PM   #2
mlevere1988
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 325i; 89 325is

I see where this site is leaning. AW......

I prefer the Crimson red myself.....
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2007, 09:48 PM   #3
AMB
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 05 M3CS|05 E46XiT|18 Model 3

i want to start a petition for Silver/Space Grey.

'05 M3 CS | Silver Grey | M Cloth
OEM CSL Front - Rear - CF Roof | Dinan S2 Performance Pack | 19" RAC Monolite RG4s
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2007, 06:17 AM   #4
128er
Captain
Rep
Drives:

I agree...space gray rocks!
-Steptronic
-Premium Sound
-Xenons

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2007, 08:37 AM   #5
jopali
Private
Rep
Drives:

It's all about the sparkling graphite
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2007, 09:19 AM   #6
1ster
Large Member
Rep
Drives:

Sprakling Graphite with Coral Red Leather. It's like a mullet: business in the front, party in the back! :headbang:
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2007, 09:23 AM   #7
imported_sbw
Ultimate Driver
Rep
Drives:

Crimson Red with Coral Red!

Too much red? :iono: :headbang: :eyebulge:

Autobahn Report — BMW News, Road Tests, Photos
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2007, 02:27 PM   #8
Vornado
A swell fellow
United_States
Rep
Drives: Hot air balloon

It appears all the neutral, boring colors are also the most popular.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #9
spudw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

I voted Crimson Red. Can't go wrong with it. My Miata was a similar red. A freshly waxed red car is the most beautiful thing in the world. It'll have a black interior. It's not original, but it's beautiful.... I'll decide on Sedona Red when I see it in person, but my fear is that it will look a bit dull by comparison.

I like either of the black, but I had a black car a few years ago, and it's a bitch to keep clean. Silver is good too, but I'm not convinced it suits this car perfectly.

I've never had a blue car, and there must be a reason for that. Blue cars end to remind me of my father's Buick Regal...

The Sparkingly Graphite and Platinum Bronze, IMO, are better suited for larger cars, although SG with red leather would be a killer combo for the 1er.
      09-17-2007, 04:02 PM   #10
GreenMonster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

I voted for black... Haven't owned a black car in awhile...

My CL is red/parchment, so I'm done with the red car thing for awhile... (if I did red it would be with a black interior this time).

I'm tired of white cars, last car was white, and I inherited a couple of white cars from my father... and my brother is storing a white car in my garage, so NO MORE WHITE CARS !!alpine white with a red interior would be kinda hot tho'.

Oh, and I think silver/grey has been played out on bmw's in general... I'd be happy to never see another silver/gray bmw ever again... (yeah, I'm an anti-silver nut).

I'm think the blues would be REALLY nice to...

I'll reserve final judgment till the cars actually hit the lots... sometimes colors really need to be seen in person.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2007, 09:21 PM   #11
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

No Le Mans Blue? I'm REALLLY hoping to get that

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2007, 10:23 PM   #12
darknightohio
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Gray FTW! :
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2007, 11:42 PM   #13
MikeT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

I'll take mine in Tahiti Green.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 10:00 AM   #14
ppDoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

what do you guys think about Alpine White exterior with really dark tinted windows and RED LEATHER/LEATHERETTE interior. and perhaps tints on the tail lights?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 04:02 PM   #15
rupertisalive
Private
Rep
Drives:

Wink

Hello all - new and from UK. I have been watching this site for a few weeks and it has been very useful in helping make my decisions about the car, so BIG thanks to you all.

I have just placed my order - white with red leather, 135i delivered December. Strangely i was inspired by this thread to register - so colour really is an emotive thing as my g.friend tells me, blah blah...

So, here we go: having recently been to the States for a while, and especially living in London as I do, my view is - cool as it is - the black/bling/thing is definitely D O N E - aside from the usual cleaning and scratching issues.

What does that leave me with? 3ers coupes look GREAT in greys/silvers/blacks. IMHO that car's design has a smooth suave look that is quite a lot of Hugo Boss and a fair amount of cologne, which is fine if you want to go that way. Those tones suit that feel.

This car is a bit too young and sporty to be a subtle colour (or color) like graphite or silver (though up until the last minute I too was leaning towards silver with the red leather - so Bond!), but then, lighter colours do suit it better so I was right to go towards silver.

Why I think this? This had been the source of much anxiety and wasted time for me.... For weeks I have been watching them (hatchbacks) pass me. Clean ones, dirty ones (this IS the UK, worst Summer ever).

Finally I went to a nearby dealer this am and they had a white and a silver hatchback nearby. Both made the best of the car's metal - IMHO Bangle's curves should shine (flaunt your 'ugly bits', as I/my girlfriend reckons), so that counts out Le Mans blue too...so that leaves you with Alpine white (at least here in terms of choices here, for now).

And white, you know, is SO Duran Duran, so 80s, it has to be THE colour. Especially with the red.

So, thanks guys (those in the majority) for affirming my decision - white rocks.

I'm off to grow myself a mullet and get my girlfriend some shoulder pads.:headbang:

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 04:14 PM   #16
1ster
Large Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupertisalive View Post
And white, you know, is SO Duran Duran, so 80s, it has to be THE colour. Especially with the red.
Haha. Welcome to the site. I too am charmed by the Coral Red Leather, although I'll probably go with Sparkling Graphite paint.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 04:26 PM   #17
128er
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Sparkling graphite looks fine!!! Its either Jet Black or Sparkling Graphite
-Steptronic
-Premium Sound
-Xenons

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 04:29 PM   #18
rupertisalive
Private
Rep
Drives:

The graphite is a good color - as you must see it in the States on the 3er, I just think the 1er is a bit more fun than that. I've seen them here (hatch) and the grey doesn't convey the same 'class' compared with the comparative 3er. The 1er looks relatively narrow and chucnky as opposed to smooth and flowing like a three coupe...just my view
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 04:35 PM   #19
rupertisalive
Private
Rep
Drives:

by the way my GT3 is silver with black so its not like I always go with louder colors. the appeal of the shape of the 1er is very color dependent. i think the proportions of the coupe look great (from pics, though they are not as good in profile with the hatch), it's more the detailing which you have to take a view on.

one way is to conceal it (darker colours) - but IMHO this means you are trying to hide something..

the other way is to go for it (lighter colors) - but IMHO this means you have a (metaphorical) big nose (but so does Tom Cruise)
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 04:57 PM   #20
ppDoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupertisalive View Post
Hello all - new and from UK. I have been watching this site for a few weeks and it has been very useful in helping make my decisions about the car, so BIG thanks to you all.

I have just placed my order - white with red leather, 135i delivered December. Strangely i was inspired by this thread to register - so colour really is an emotive thing as my g.friend tells me, blah blah...

So, here we go: having recently been to the States for a while, and especially living in London as I do, my view is - cool as it is - the black/bling/thing is definitely D O N E - aside from the usual cleaning and scratching issues.

What does that leave me with? 3ers coupes look GREAT in greys/silvers/blacks. IMHO that car's design has a smooth suave look that is quite a lot of Hugo Boss and a fair amount of cologne, which is fine if you want to go that way. Those tones suit that feel.

This car is a bit too young and sporty to be a subtle colour (or color) like graphite or silver (though up until the last minute I too was leaning towards silver with the red leather - so Bond!), but then, lighter colours do suit it better so I was right to go towards silver.

Why I think this? This had been the source of much anxiety and wasted time for me.... For weeks I have been watching them (hatchbacks) pass me. Clean ones, dirty ones (this IS the UK, worst Summer ever).

Finally I went to a nearby dealer this am and they had a white and a silver hatchback nearby. Both made the best of the car's metal - IMHO Bangle's curves should shine (flaunt your 'ugly bits', as I/my girlfriend reckons), so that counts out Le Mans blue too...so that leaves you with Alpine white (at least here in terms of choices here, for now).

So, thanks guys (those in the majority) for affirming my decision - white rocks.

I'm off to grow myself a mullet and get my girlfriend some shoulder pads.:headbang:

Thanks.

omg that's the combination i want. when u receive it u must post pics here!

i'm planning on putting dark tinted windows and maybe tinting the taillights (but then it might make the two tone brake light system useless)

either way i'm glad someone else has my tastes too!!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 05:10 PM   #21
rupertisalive
Private
Rep
Drives:

have ordered the dark rear windows and I WILL post pic(s) with my griends decent camera - but you will need to wait until late dec/jan and it will in all likelihood be raining.

by the way, went for the sunroof - which is a c.£650 option here - i know that's a capital crime on this forum, but i just wanted to provoke you all!:eyebulge:

not this thread but thinking about alpina 19" rims for the future so i can get rid of those runflats too - whaddyathink?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 05:16 PM   #22
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Do you have to pay Red Ken's tax to haul a$$ around Piccadilly Circus? ; -)

Is your car part of your compensation package? Most folks in the US don't understand that process.
Appreciate 0