BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-03-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
Bimmerworld
Race and Performance Parts
Rep
Drives: Speed World Challenge E90

BimmerWorld has NEW aFe 135i Performance Exhaust System w/ SWAT Technology

BimmerWorld is one of the first retailers offering aFe's 135i catback!

aFe has designed the first audio tuned exhaust system that does not incorporate a conventional muffler!

The aFe 135i performance exhaust uses SWAT (Sound Wave Altering Technology) to eliminate drone associated with many of today's aggressive performance exhaust systems. One of the great things about a turbocharged car, especially one with two small turbos, is the amount of sound deadening produced by the turbochargers. Since a majority of sound is deadened before entering the exhaust system, there is less of a need for multiple mufflers and resonators to deaden sound before existing the exhaust tips. For this reason, aFe decided the best, free flowing design for the 135i was no muffler at all! The system incorporates a tuned resonance chamber that traps and eliminate high pitch sound waves and passenger compartment drones associated with aggressive aftermarket exhaust systems leaving only the deep mellow and free flowing exhaust pulses - All the good sounds, none of the bad! An additional benefit to a lack of muffler is a lack of weight. The aFe system is 15 lbs lighter than the factory exhaust. Less weight is always better!

Turbocharged engines need much less backpressure than a normal naturally aspirated engine, therefore, aFe designed the 135i system to be "invisible" to the engine by incorporating 3" diameter stainless mandrel bent tubing. The system is offered in 2 material options, 409 and 304 stainless. The 409 stainless steel is is a widely used material for exhaust systems due to its resistance to rust and corrosion, but its surface will discolor to a light brown over time and is not suggested for aesthetic purposes. The 304 stainless steel is used to resist any type of surface corrosion and keep its polished look for a extended amount of time. Therefore, 304 stainless costs more but keeps its polished look considerably longer than 409 stainless.

There are 2 tip options for the 135i exhaust dual tip outlet: polished for a performance look or ceramic coated black for a subtle OE look. The 304 stainless steel exhaust is only offered with a polished tip for a 100% polished system. System incorporates OE style flange and hangers for a direct fit - no welding required!

See and hear the 135i on the dyno with aFe Stainless Exhaust System, Super StockAir Intake System, and DAS Air Scoops - You Tube Video

Made in the USA

12Hp and 10 Ft/lbs of torque when combined with aFe's Super Stock intake kit!

Product will be available mid-April.

Further details, ordering, and pricing can be found at the product's listing,
http://store.bimmerworld.com/Product1211

Questions needing a quick answer should be directed toward my email, Brian@Bimmerworld.com, or called directly at 1.877.639.9648.

Thanks Guys,
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 05:24 PM   #2
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Is there any sound clips available?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 12:40 AM   #3
BSM 135i
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' BSM E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3R1 View Post
Is there any sound clips available?
ask and you shall recieve
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243106
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 09:02 AM   #4
Bimmerworld
Race and Performance Parts
Rep
Drives: Speed World Challenge E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM 135i View Post
Thanks! A clip is also available through our online store lisitng (link in post).
Appreciate 0