BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-31-2013, 01:15 AM   #23
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj.tonto View Post
So lord of the dings - 500 if he can pop the dent without having to remove the paint. 750 if he has to do bonnet and bar.

Vescio - 1000 bar n bonnet.

Will give tate a ring.
That's ridiculous. He fixed this for me IIRC for under $400 back in 2011. That's the rear quarter resprayed and the dent (which was on a crease too) fixed in half a day in my garage.
Attached Images

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 01:31 AM   #24
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob32R View Post
HAHAHA Jeef beef
Are we best mates?
I thought you were lovers
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 01:47 AM   #25
Rob32R
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 530i/VW R32/E70 X5

This guy.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 03:46 AM   #26
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
I thought you were lovers
Apparently I 'moved too fast' for him

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 03:48 AM   #27
Rob32R
Banned
Australia
Rep

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 05:44 AM   #28
ippykaye
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 135i

A timely thread- some clown carved up the front right corner of our Golf R's bumper- we were parallel parked at the time and the must've gone into the space front first and misjudged. Suffice to say it's all scratched and a whole sliver of plastic is missing- I'm presuming the edge of a wheel/fender/bumper sliced it off.

Will have a chat to some of the guys listed here.

Jeef- they repaired that for $400?! That's dented and scratched right down to the base metal! Excellent price.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 08:33 AM   #29
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippykaye View Post
A timely thread- some clown carved up the front right corner of our Golf R's bumper- we were parallel parked at the time and the must've gone into the space front first and misjudged. Suffice to say it's all scratched and a whole sliver of plastic is missing- I'm presuming the edge of a wheel/fender/bumper sliced it off.

Will have a chat to some of the guys listed here.

Jeef- they repaired that for $400?! That's dented and scratched right down to the base metal! Excellent price.
Yep, it was somewhere around $380-390 with the rear quarter re-spray. He tells you straight up it won't be as perfect as when the car left the factory, but it is impossible for me to tell as far as I know.

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 08:40 AM   #30
Rob32R
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
He tells you straight up it won't be as perfect as when the car left the factory, but it is impossible for me to tell as far as I know.
Because dodgy mobile touch up repairs

No one can paint match unless they have the proper tools and equipment. People like the guy mentioned above are only for ''touch ups'' I'm sure you don't want that. Do it right or don't do it at all because you have problems in the long run if the job is unprofessional.

No PHOTO after the repairs Jeef beef???

There's is only one mobile guy who I strongly and highly recommend his skills and perfection is undeniable.

Last edited by Rob32R; 01-31-2013 at 08:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 04:11 PM   #31
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:

No one can paint match unless they have the proper tools and equipment. People like the guy mentioned above are only for ''touch ups'' I'm sure you don't want that. Do it right or don't do it at all because you have problems in the long run if the job is unprofessional.

There's is only one mobile guy who I strongly and highly recommend his skills and perfection is undeniable.
I'm sure your extensive experience in high school and being a forum nuisance makes you extremely qualified to make a judgment on his 'tools and equipment'. You should start paying for your own stuff and actually understand how guys like this work so you can appreciate the difference between $1k and $400.

I wasn't talking about the paint matching, he guarantees paint matching and regular dent removal with no problems. It was in my case that dent was on a crease with paint taken down to the bare metal and he made that statement. He told me to go to a proper workshop if I wanted an absolutely perfect job, which would cost a few grand and take several days. I was not willing to pay a few grand at a panel beater or go thru insurance when a $400 job looked just as good. For OPs purposes, the damage is nowhere near as severe so this guy is PERFECT.

Regardless, the person you 'recommend' overcharges exorbitantly. On what basis do you recommend him?

Last edited by Jeef Beef; 01-31-2013 at 04:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 05:06 PM   #32
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
That's ridiculous. He fixed this for me IIRC for under $400 back in 2011. That's the rear quarter resprayed and the dent (which was on a crease too) fixed in half a day in my garage.
that sounds real cheap.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 05:12 PM   #33
TWD
Australia
Rep
Drives: All sorts of Cars

Quote:
sorry to dig up quite an old thread. i'm on the northern beaches looking for a place to get a dent pulled and scratch done from the front bar. TWD you able to send me the details of those contacts? cheers
not a problem
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 05:12 PM   #34
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
that sounds real cheap.
That's cos most tend to overcharge. There's no harm in giving this guy a call and shooting over a photo of your damage.

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 05:58 PM   #35
3lucidus
Eat Sleep Trance
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP

heres mine

i've texted Tate to ask about a quote... nothing back yet so i'll just wait to send him pictures.

i'm fancying dropping it at Lord of the Dings as its not a mobile guy and it will take 2 days as he'll redo the bar rather than just touch it up and pop the dent out of the bonnet.

but i'll see what Tate says....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 06:09 PM   #36
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

No one can paint match period.

You have to respray the whole car to get it 100%

A body shop may get it to 95-97%

A mobile touch up guy will be like 92%+, which would be imperceptible to the untrained eye and unless you're actively looking for flaws.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 06:22 PM   #37
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

Give dent.hero.quotes@gmail.com a try as well.

http://zengarage.com.au/2012/09/dent...ay-zen-garage/
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 06:49 PM   #38
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart@BMRAutowerkes View Post
No one can paint match period.

You have to respray the whole car to get it 100%

A body shop may get it to 95-97%

A mobile touch up guy will be like 92%+, which would be imperceptible to the untrained eye and unless you're actively looking for flaws.
That's good enough for the price.

Quote:
heres mine

i've texted Tate to ask about a quote... nothing back yet so i'll just wait to send him pictures.

i'm fancying dropping it at Lord of the Dings as its not a mobile guy and it will take 2 days as he'll redo the bar rather than just touch it up and pop the dent out of the bonnet.

but i'll see what Tate says....
Tate can redo the bar too, pop the dent, and respray if necessary. $1k is just ridiculous.

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 12:09 AM   #39
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

Quote:

So rob seeing as you're in expert and know people in the trade who fix up scratches and bumps? Is it time you finally fixed my rear bumper which you damaged? Not to mention the diffuser as well. Would you like me to go and get another picture for you when it is dry or do you remember what your damage looks like?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 12:17 AM   #40
Rob32R
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbce90 View Post
So rob seeing as you're in expert and know people in the trade who fix up scratches and bumps? Is it time you finally fixed my rear bumper which you damaged? Not to mention the diffuser as well. Would you like me to go and get another picture for you when it is dry or do you remember what your damage looks like?
I didn't say I was the expert MR CHOWDHURY I stated that mobile repairers can never match the quality and finish of repair job done in an actual paint booth with all the required equipment and tools. However if you would stop bitching I would supply you the contact of my guy who is excellent and his renowned to be the best in Sydney when it comes to on the spot repairs whether it be at your home or office.

I damaged your rear bumper??? That's news I didn't know that so would you likely me to refer you my guy?

Must be hard parking too much Sujoy to damage your rear bumper aye? Picking up too many girls lately after a night out drinking is not good mate.

Diffuser - I thought it was some cheap Chinese plastic that can be bought off the shelf if I can recall

Don't waste your phone battery on a false claim/accusation or some legal action will take place within reasons.

Are you sure it wasn't Jeef who damaged your shit? Well we can kind of blame him since seeing the damage he made above.

Ps. Don't worry Sujoy Chowdhury I'm currently booking you in for some driving lessons where they will show you how to park.

Regards,

Peter franzdent - Roberts Lawyer

Last edited by Rob32R; 02-01-2013 at 12:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 12:24 AM   #41
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I didn't say I was the expert MR CHOWDHURY I stated that mobile repairers can never match the quality and finish of repair job done in an actual paint booth with all the required equipment and tools. However if you would stop bitching I would supply you the contact of my guy who is excellent and his renowned to be the best in Sydney when it comes to on the spot repairs whether it be at your home or office.

I damaged your rear bumper??? That's news I didn't know that so would you likely me to refer you my guy?

Must be hard parking too much Sujoy to damage your rear bumper aye? Picking up too many girls lately after a night out drinking is not good mate.

Diffuser - I thought it was some cheap Chinese plastic that can be bought off the shelf if I can recall

Don't waste your phone battery on a false claim/accusation or some legal action will take place within reasons.

Are you sure it wasn't Jeef who damaged your shit? Well we can kind of blame him since seeing the damage he made above.

Regards,

Peter franzdent - Roberts Lawyer
Blah blah blah your what are you even on about, if you're too scared to tell your dad he has to pay for your stupid mistakes then don't go around smashing other people's cars. You know we all saw you damage his bumper while reversing that night.

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 12:27 AM   #42
nasperated
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 e84 xDrive 23D

Garage List
So weird.

Anyhoo, anyone know a decent (read good quality / affordable) touch-up guy on the lower north shore? Got a couple of stone chips I wouldn't mind tidying up.

Appreciate any feedback.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 12:27 AM   #43
Rob32R
Banned
Australia
Rep

Not that I know of - You sure you're not dreaming? Would you like me to book you in for a doctors appointment for a check up? I'm kind of concerned of your well being and imagination.

SUJOY - What are the odds that Jeef the beef damaged your rear bumper / so called damage on the diffuser
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 12:29 AM   #44
Rob32R
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrrellnick View Post
So weird.

Anyhoo, anyone know a decent (read good quality / affordable) touch-up guy on the lower north shore? Got a couple of stone chips I wouldn't mind tidying up.

Appreciate any feedback.

Cheers.
Highly recommended Nick- http://www.propaintauto.com.au/

Speak to Harry
Appreciate 0