BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-21-2014, 08:34 PM   #1
manutd88
Rep
Drives: bmw135i

When buying, 135i hpfp and injectors issue

Was looking to buy a car in the near future and was looking around. One of the cars that took my breath away in a test drive was the 135i. However having looked at reliability reports/user opinions, i've been put off quite a fair bit by the hpfp and injector failures associated with this car.

The car i have inspected is an 09 model and has about 60ks on the clock for about $37k. The owner seems to be a car enthusiast and has been very uprfront about the car with me providing me with a full service history transaction list. All services have been done with the bmw perth.

Past services/repairs have been

Changing the fuel pump early on in the cars life as the owner knew it was meant to cause issues.

Changing the fuel injectors. Changed 3 first, then changed the other 3. All 6 have therefore been changed. Are the changed injectors meant to be better? Or can i expect them to fail again? They are fairly costly at 3 injectors costing 1900.

The gearbox was playing up with the shift between gear 2 and 3 not being smooth. The owner managed to get bmw to change the gearbox at a cost of 7000.

A window regulator once played up and was repaired for 400.

Obviously all of the above were under warranty and hence the owner never had to pay a cent for any of it.

Whilst I am happy with how knowledgeable and proactive the owner has been with this car, I was also wondering if the repairs would have sorted out my headaches or am i likely to face the same set of issues but pay out of my own pocket in this instance.

Greatly appreciate any opinions

As it stands my budget is between 30 and 37ish.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 11:25 PM   #2
1BimmerNut
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i then 130i now F20-125

When buying a second hand car you have to expect maintenance and repairs. Doesn't.. Matter which brand. But your getting the car at over half price of a new one😁
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2014, 04:39 AM   #3
thezone135i
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Volvo S60 R-Design Polestar

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
I bought my 08 step with 70k from a meticulous old guy and paid $33k for it. Ive done 9,000 kms in it and Ive never been happier with a car. Always puts a smile on my face when I walk up to it and when I drive it. I'm more worried about smashing into someone when I try to catch a glimpse of it in shop windows!
Appreciate 0