BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-26-2012, 11:58 PM   #1
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Cleaning the engine bay with DCIs

As the above question states, how would I go about cleaning the engine bay if I have DCIs installed? I recently installed my intakes and the thought just popped out.

I've never cleaned my engine before because my dealership would do it for me, but I'm assuming that the dealership just sprays some stuff on it before hosing it off. With the open air intakes of the DCIs I'm assuming that that's probably not possible anymore.

Would it just be a case of wrapping the DCIs in a plastic bag and sealing them up before cleaning or is there another method?

Thanks.
      08-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
tuanlibos93
Rep
Drives: Alpine White BMW 1M Coupe

Garage List
Just put a bag over both DCI and either use a pressure washer from a fairly high position, or you can just hose the engine bay. make sure those DCI's are completely covered and that no water will get in the. Also make sure your engine is completely cool or else you will mess it up. I wash my engine bay of my cars every two car washes and I wash the vehicles weekly. Looks clean the car just feels clean and with time I believe a clean engine bay will help the engines longevity. (hope it helps)
Appreciate 0