BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-28-2013, 11:14 PM   #23
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

Use normal brake pressure with the Pagids for a week and your rotors will be as clean as new. You're not trying to bed in the pads at this point so keep them relatively cool. Just be mindful of the increased braking distance. And yes, the Pagids will squeal like an old school bus on the street.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 11:30 PM   #24
timbo_3101
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slow

Thanks for the suggestions.

Well, the squeal is amazing - like a massive truck or oil tanker. Will be surprised if they don't report me for neighbourhood disruption.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #25
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Hey Tim,

I'm not familiar with the Pagid Yellows but if they're a true track pad I'd suggest getting a second set of rotors as well. I used to run the Ferodo 3000's and they were amazing on the track but just way too noisy for everyday road use and a waste really.
Instead I got a set of rotors paired up to them, did the proper bedding in process and used this combo for track days.
Then simply swapped over to stock rotors/pads for everyday use. The process didn't take too long and I'd bleed my brakes each time before and after track days so it was part of the routine.
It's a bit more effort but as it was an everyday car I just couldn't use the pads on the street.
Might be a different situation for you as i think you have the 125i for daily use?

Also it usually took me 2-3 days of city driving to get rid of that glazed over feeling from the pads.
I liked the stop tech info that was posted, it's pretty much what I've been told before and would follow their guides.
When's your next track day? I'd be interested in coming along.
Ian
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #26
timbo_3101
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slow

Welcome back Ian, and thanks for the advice. The stock brakes are more than adequate, but for this recent and unresolved vibration-shudder issue. I don't really require Pagid brake pads, but if it corrects my issue without replacing rotors every 500km then I will be satisfied. Others have had success it seems. I may consider a second set of rotors, but if this is the case then I shall have to find a suitable manufacturer (racing grade).

Having some issues at the moment, so our next scheduled event is Phillip Island (PIARC 17th August 2013). Evans and I are also keen on Winton (Tampered Motorsport) in the interim.
Appreciate 0