BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-22-2014, 10:56 PM   #4181
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, 550i, X3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Ooh, glad you finally pulled the trigger and can't wait to hear what you think of that setup to go with the PSS. When does everything arrive and go on?!
Springs are here, PS probably won't arrive till middle of next week so maybe in 2 Saturdays? I blame specifically this thread for burning a hole in my wallet!
      10-23-2014, 10:55 AM   #4182
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
Springs are here, PS probably won't arrive till middle of next week so maybe in 2 Saturdays? I blame specifically this thread for burning a hole in my wallet!
Heh heh heh... glad to hear you've got suspension upgrades on order! Sounds like a really great setup! Do you already have M3 rear subframe bushings?

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 11:49 AM   #4183
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVU View Post
Heh heh heh... glad to hear you've got suspension upgrades on order! Sounds like a really great setup! Do you already have M3 rear subframe bushings?
Thanks, I have White line subframe inserts
      10-23-2014, 02:46 PM   #4184
Chunner
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is | #341/586

Garage List
Quote:
Lol.. My thoughts exactly.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 02:56 PM   #4185
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Chunner gets blamed for all Dinan purchases.

I'll take some partial blame on the PS side.

The irony is none of us even have these cars, we just work for Dinan and BMW and get kickbacks on all these purchases. Hahahahahahahaha!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 09:19 PM   #4186
Chunner
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is | #341/586

Garage List
Quote:
Chunner gets blamed for all Dinan purchases.

I'll take some partial blame on the PS side.

The irony is none of us even have these cars, we just work for Dinan and BMW and get kickbacks on all these purchases. Hahahahahahahaha!
lol, Greg, stop it... you might turn this into a trash and hate thread. The nerve of Chunner, 3002 tii and gregthegr8 to buy stuff from BMW and DINAN. geesh.......
2013 BMW 135is Coupe | Dinan Stage 3 | M3 Subframe Bushings | Dinan Monoball Joints | Dinan Toe Links | 1M Strut Bar | MPS AS/3 - VMR 710's 18x8.5 ET45 / 18x9.5 ET50 | MPSS - BMW 313's 18x7.5 / 18x8.5 | Min Grey, Savanna | Prem, Tech | DCT | Beast #341/586 |

2021 BMW X7 M50i | Alpine White | Children Hauler
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 05:03 PM   #4187
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135is :) 192/586

Garage List
Ahh...back from the dead. Sorry for not replying to your PM Greg. Well, I'm mainly here because my car has placed me in a few embarrassing situations recently.

Situation 1: I pulled backed out of my drive way and tried going forward but the car delayed a good second or two before moving. I got honked at by an on coming car (I know that person sped up on purpose because I was already doing 40+mph and he was still pulling on me). When the car decided to move, it jumped forward and accelerating like nuts and I'm not even on 1/3 throttle.

Situation 2: I had a passenger taking a right turn. Light turned red and I slowed down then a green arrow appeared. The car delayed again and when it decided to move forward, it lurched a good three times before going smoothly. My passenger said "are you sure you're okay to drive?"

Situation 3: I had a different passenger pulled up to a red light. Car jerked forward and well...said passenger was displeased. Though this jerk wasn't as hard as stupidly engine braking using first gear. I know, I've tried it when my dog accidentally hit the shifter one time.

Situation 4: more delay...pulling out of a McDonald's and a car that was more than a block away almost caught up to me because the car just wouldn't go. My brother asked me "why aren't you going?!"

Situation 5: This one made me look like a tool at UCLA. I turned on the car (not a cold start, oil temp gauge displayed it was around 180F), gave it a good few seconds to let the rpm drop before I engaged reverse. When I did, the car quickly revved to almost 2k rpm and held it for a few seconds. Given that the car is a blue 2 door BMW and how loud the car was, I got a few dirty looks. This is a one time fluke ever.

I tried doing a few CA rolls and the lurching happens. I'm fine with this if it hasn't put me in such situations. I use the sport button and it helps a teeny tiny bit but not enough. In sport mode, it's about the same for me. I'm not sure if this is with the DCT or whatever but my car revs from idle (~500rpm) to ~1000rpm immediately after coming to a stop. I took it in to the dealer at the beginning of August and I mentioned the lurching and lagging I've been getting the past year and they just told me "we could not replicate your issues. You're probably just mashing--getting on the throttle too early."

Anyone of you DCT drivers who is still stock having the aforementioned experiences? Any fixes? For SoCal people, do you guys know any good places who can apply touchup paint properly? I'm artistically challenged lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 05:14 PM   #4188
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsnBurbles View Post
Ahh...back from the dead. Sorry for not replying to your PM Greg. Well, I'm mainly here because my car has placed me in a few embarrassing situations recently.

Situation 1: I pulled backed out of my drive way and tried going forward but the car delayed a good second or two before moving. I got honked at by an on coming car (I know that person sped up on purpose because I was already doing 40+mph and he was still pulling on me). When the car decided to move, it jumped forward and accelerating like nuts and I'm not even on 1/3 throttle.

Situation 2: I had a passenger taking a right turn. Light turned red and I slowed down then a green arrow appeared. The car delayed again and when it decided to move forward, it lurched a good three times before going smoothly. My passenger said "are you sure you're okay to drive?"

Situation 3: I had a different passenger pulled up to a red light. Car jerked forward and well...said passenger was displeased. Though this jerk wasn't as hard as stupidly engine braking using first gear. I know, I've tried it when my dog accidentally hit the shifter one time.

Situation 4: more delay...pulling out of a McDonald's and a car that was more than a block away almost caught up to me because the car just wouldn't go. My brother asked me "why aren't you going?!"

Situation 5: This one made me look like a tool at UCLA. I turned on the car (not a cold start, oil temp gauge displayed it was around 180F), gave it a good few seconds to let the rpm drop before I engaged reverse. When I did, the car quickly revved to almost 2k rpm and held it for a few seconds. Given that the car is a blue 2 door BMW and how loud the car was, I got a few dirty looks. This is a one time fluke ever.

I tried doing a few CA rolls and the lurching happens. I'm fine with this if it hasn't put me in such situations. I use the sport button and it helps a teeny tiny bit but not enough. In sport mode, it's about the same for me. I'm not sure if this is with the DCT or whatever but my car revs from idle (~500rpm) to ~1000rpm immediately after coming to a stop. I took it in to the dealer at the beginning of August and I mentioned the lurching and lagging I've been getting the past year and they just told me "we could not replicate your issues. You're probably just mashing--getting on the throttle too early."

Anyone of you DCT drivers who is still stock having the aforementioned experiences? Any fixes? For SoCal people, do you guys know any good places who can apply touchup paint properly? I'm artistically challenged lol.
There's a long thread about this but a software update was released to address this exact issue.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1033690

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36addict View Post
SIB number is 12 15 14.. And this is what it says for the situation:
"A customer may complain that after coming to a stop, the engine speed intermittently fluctuates from about 500 RPM to 1,100 RPM.

This situation can be more noticeable when the air conditioner is on."

So, just take your car to the dealer and make that complaint. As long as you get a good tech that follows bulletins you should get the new software.
      10-24-2014, 06:00 PM   #4189
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
There's a long thread about this but a software update was released to address this exact issue.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1033690
Some of the people in that thread have reported stalling before the update. I do not stall and my car does not feel like it would stall. My concerns are:
- the car may become neutered
- I may lose burbles
- I love the way my car upshifts now (under enough throttle input) = I don't want to lose much of that

Anyway...from the way the thread looked, it seems you had the update done. How do you like it? any improvements? any issues?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 06:51 PM   #4190
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Some of the people in that thread have reported stalling before the update. I do not stall and my car does not feel like it would stall. My concerns are:
- I may lose burbles
- I love the way my car upshifts now (under enough throttle input) = I don't want to lose much of that

Anyway...from the way the thread looked, it seems you had the update done. How do you like it? any improvements? any issues?
I don't think people with ppk lost burbles. Stalling was not the primary symptom, hesitation was. I'm getting my update in November.

You wrote "I'm not sure if this is with the DCT or whatever but my car revs from idle (~500rpm) to ~1000rpm immediately after coming to a stop."

The official bulletin states:

"A customer may complain that after coming to a stop, the engine speed intermittently fluctuates from about 500 RPM to 1,100 RPM."

Last edited by 3002 tii; 10-24-2014 at 10:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 10:25 PM   #4191
Joaco135
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB

Quote:
- I may lose burbles

I did mine few weeks ago and it is a night and day difference. I also have the PPK and the burbles still there, it upshift the same way as before.

For me the most important thing was to fixed the lurching forward, hesitation and the RPM fluctuation which were all taking care off with the TSB. All of this issues are more on the safety side for me and if were to loose the burble so be it as long as the rest was fixed, but that is not the case.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 11:06 PM   #4192
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

I'm a lil late to this party today, but I'm not really experiencing these issues. Twice now total I've had those moments where I seemingly hit the gas and just nothing happens for a second, which is unnerving when it happens, but that's it.

So, my question then is, should everyone have the TSB done to get the latest and greatest, or only those who seem to be having issues?

I know after the first TSB, the consensus was it neutered the car, albeit fixed the problem. But in the last month or two it seems like the newer one fixes the problems without the castration, so I don't think people need to be as concerned, at least that's what it sounds like.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 12:21 AM   #4193
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks guys, I'll try calling in and hopefully take my car in next week or the week after.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 06:57 AM   #4194
Overpar56
Proud AARP member in good standing
Rep
Drives: Me nuts

Quote:
Thanks guys, I'll try calling in and hopefully take my car in next week or the week after.
Sorry to jump in on this thread but Cavu and I have compared notes and he doesn't have as many issues as I had with my DCT. Call it a fluke. I got the update and it is night and day difference. Since I have PPK1, the burbles are still there (enought to piss off a new WRX) and performace is same or better (said WRX was not happy that he couldn't outrun me and I was on his tail and had to back off and more burbles). The only reduction in burbles is below 1500 rpm where I used to get a few and now they're muted. Above I still get the burbles.

Shifts are more abrupt in Sport mode. The previous update really softened them up and now it's like the original.

Note: Cavu is going to a NASCAR race this weekend. I fear he'll turn his Bimmer into one of those Camrys that go around and around. Oh the horror.

2012 135i DCT, Lemans Blue/black leather, PPK1, PE, Stoptech Sport rotors and Sport pads, unhealthy crackles and burbles and an aging demonic driver.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 12:47 PM   #4195
Worra
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is/6, 1995 540i/6

Garage List
1995 BMW 540i  [0.00]
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Quote:

I've had similar experiences in my car, and its a 6MT. I blame the driver
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 02:08 PM   #4196
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worra View Post
I've had similar experiences in my car, and its a 6MT. I blame the driver
Yeah, I'm just too stupid of a driver to properly drive what is basically an automatic car.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 02:27 PM   #4197
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I'm just too stupid of a driver to properly drive what is basically an automatic car.
I will at least say that a couple of times I have almost hit something thanks to the stupid, weird joysticky shift knob. Once I forgot to hit the P button, took my foot off the brake and nearly rolled into a wall. And the press UP for reverse once in a blue moon (usually after driving another car) sometimes makes me have to think. Very bad when you forget it's not normal and without thinking go down one gear thinking that'd be reverse like a normal car, and start going forward. Did that once early on when I was completely out of it. I really do wish we had a traditional gearshift at least.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 04:14 PM   #4198
Anorax
Rep
Drives: 09 135i 6AT

Checking in from CO here. Just picked up an 09 135i auto. 20k miles (closer to 21 now)

Titanium silver w/Coral red interior. Bone stock as near as I can tell
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 05:16 PM   #4199
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I will at least say that a couple of times I have almost hit something thanks to the stupid, weird joysticky shift knob. Once I forgot to hit the P button, took my foot off the brake and nearly rolled into a wall. And the press UP for reverse once in a blue moon (usually after driving another car) sometimes makes me have to think. Very bad when you forget it's not normal and without thinking go down one gear thinking that'd be reverse like a normal car, and start going forward. Did that once early on when I was completely out of it. I really do wish we had a traditional gearshift at least.
I've had my share of embarrassing situations (again) but this time with the stupid "shift lever" we have. It is either the passenger touches the lever and hit N from D or I forget that our levers are stupid and I leave the car in R thinking it's in P. Fortunately, I've not hit anything or close to hitting anything for these reasons. I agree with having a regular shift lever. I don't get why BMW attempted to get creative when their old shift levers worked perfectly (but needs some cosmetic work).
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 05:11 PM   #4200
AGAV13
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 135is (#363/586)

Just received my sketch today. However it was addressed to my father. You would think that BMW would be able to get the name of the recipient correct seeing as I am sending them a check every month and my father has never purchased a BMW from that dealership. On the plus side I finally received it.
SOLD
2013 BMW 135is #363/586 - AW, Black Boston Leather w/ Exclusive Blue Stitching, Prem., Tech, DCT, Heated Seats, HK
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 05:14 PM   #4201
AGAV13
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 135is (#363/586)

Related to the gear select, I have forgot to put it into park several times however the car will do so automatically when it shuts down. I'm not sure if anything will result from that but let's hope not. Also in one instance my friend hit the park button by accident as I was going about 7mph and the car came to a halting stop shifting into park.
SOLD
2013 BMW 135is #363/586 - AW, Black Boston Leather w/ Exclusive Blue Stitching, Prem., Tech, DCT, Heated Seats, HK
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 06:45 PM   #4202
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
If all goes well this gap will be reduced to half by end of week...