BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #1
cozza
///Mthusiast
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i (March delivery)

Tasmanian number plate "BMW-135" on eBay

Spotted this on eBay yesterday...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=230383769562
      10-08-2009, 04:18 AM   #2
jksgoh
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2008 E82 125i  [0.00]
nice find, wonder if anyone from here will take it?

OT: but it looks like you have a evil twin in town!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 05:01 AM   #3
Totti
Troll
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

How did he mount like that? I'm trying to find a good way to mount Vic euro plates on an AW without the need for front covers like my folks have...
Use the stick like u would a manual. If that doesn't work, put it in D mode and put both hands at 10 and 2. If that doesn't work, just sit on your right hand.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 05:25 AM   #4
jksgoh
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2008 E82 125i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totti View Post
How did he mount like that? I'm trying to find a good way to mount Vic euro plates on an AW without the need for front covers like my folks have...
Good question! I actually don't know. I didn'see the car myself, my bro sent it to me. But I would also like to know
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 05:06 PM   #5
cozza
///Mthusiast
Australia
Rep

Not sure I like the black Euro plates, especially not on a white car. Ah well, each to their own.

Totti, what do you mean by "front covers"?
      10-08-2009, 05:32 PM   #6
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Does that that plate looks like a photoshop to anybody else? Mounted weird, white border looks like paper, black background has too flat of an appearance...

Seller also has some negative feedback, yet profile in that auction says it is 100% positive feedback... Strange.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 05:48 PM   #7
Totti
Troll
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozza View Post
Not sure I like the black Euro plates, especially not on a white car. Ah well, each to their own.

Totti, what do you mean by "front covers"?
Usually a plate mount consists of a backing, and a plastic cover that goes over the front of the plate. This is absent from the above photo. The front cover usually has the dealership info etc... but i reckon it looks way better without it. Although more prone to damages from dings etc.
Use the stick like u would a manual. If that doesn't work, put it in D mode and put both hands at 10 and 2. If that doesn't work, just sit on your right hand.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 06:30 PM   #8
cozza
///Mthusiast
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totti View Post
Usually a plate mount consists of a backing, and a plastic cover that goes over the front of the plate. This is absent from the above photo. The front cover usually has the dealership info etc... but i reckon it looks way better without it. Although more prone to damages from dings etc.
Ah, gotcha. They're just plastic number plate protectors that dealerships mount to display their dealer brand. I removed mine, and the number plate is mounted to the car with two screws - the screws are covered with little plastic buttons. I wasn't happy that my dealership mounted the frame around my plate, because they drilled 2 small holes in the sides in order to do so. Anyway, here's a pic of how mine is mounted. You can see the buttons over the screws - one blue and one white.

10-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #9
cozza
///Mthusiast
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Does that that plate looks like a photoshop to anybody else? Mounted weird, white border looks like paper, black background has too flat of an appearance...
Nah, just a phone-quality photo. It's mounted the same as mine, however they've used 2 black 'buttons' to cover the mounting screws, which you can kinda see in this pic (I adjusted the balance):
Attached Images

10-09-2009, 03:48 AM   #10
d3syd
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i MT, LMB, ProNav

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post

Seller also has some negative feedback, yet profile in that auction says it is 100% positive feedback... Strange.
Yes looks like a photoshop. The guy might not have a 135i but bought the plate in anticipation of demand for it.

The euro style plates in Tassie start with "T" (as they do with "N" in NSW and "V" in Vic). I could have got "TUR801" or "TBM135" when I ordered my plates but decided to go with something less "look at me".

Fun Car: 135i Manual LeMans Blue / Beige Leather / Grey Poplar / pro nav / euro plates. Delivered 24 June 08
Family Car: Land Rover Discovery 4 SDV6
Spare Car:
Volvo V70 Sydney Car: MB 420SEL
Appreciate 0