BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-08-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
Shocker
1 in the Stink
Rep
Drives:

Thumbs up BMW of Bel Air, MD

Awesome dealership!

-Open-minded CA's (Told my CA once about the lemon leather and he found out for himself. Never doubted me).
-Respectful (Had been dealing with my guy for almost a year trying to get into a 3 or a 1, chose a 1er. Yet, never did I feel rushed or anything.)
-They are as excited as I am to see the AW/Lemon combo.

All in all, so far, in the ordering and waiting process, this dealership has been a great one to deal with and I am happy.

...now if the car comes in black, with no sports package and wood grain. I'll change this very quickly. Actually had a nightmare about that the other night. :eyebulge: Scary!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 06:36 PM   #2
1N54E92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F30 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
Awesome dealership!

-Open-minded CA's (Told my CA once about the lemon leather and he found out for himself. Never doubted me).
-Respectful (Had been dealing with my guy for almost a year trying to get into a 3 or a 1, chose a 1er. Yet, never did I feel rushed or anything.)
-They are as excited as I am to see the AW/Lemon combo.

All in all, so far, in the ordering and waiting process, this dealership has been a great one to deal with and I am happy.

...now if the car comes in black, with no sports package and wood grain. I'll change this very quickly. Actually had a nightmare about that the other night. :eyebulge: Scary!

I hope you're right. I had asked to be notified when the 1-series kick off happened, no notice. Turns out the CA I was talking to was fired so another CA took my info. Still no call. I asked for a quote on a 135i, no response. This dealer also owns BMW of Towson. A dealer known for great service but high prices. I hear that they don't like to deal on the price. I had asked for price on a 335i that was not certified, the price jumped like $3000 to be certified. I don't have a good feeling about this one.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 10:16 AM   #3
azzurri
Rep
Drives: 135i Monaco Blue

Not great outcome

Tried to call dealership multiple times when checking around pricing. Talked to one CA who was probably the most standoffish one available in all the Maryland and DC area and PA area. Would not even enter into conversation about pricing or negotiating. Flat out responses about how no cars anywhere were sold at under MSRP. This was only one month ago, so as you know, is totally incorrect. Made it clear when talking to other dealers that this sort of behavior will never earn my business.

Very disappointed.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
128ivertguy
U.S. Army, Retired
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i Convertible

I ordered my 128i from Bel Air. I got great service. Although the CA with whom I had the appointment failed to show, they shifted gears, the manager and another CA filled the void. I got a test drive and then they let me take my wife and kids out for a spin. The deal was $500 over invoice because that's what three other area dealers were willing to do based on the USAA car buying service.

I was very happy to get a good trade-in value on my Jeep. They were very fair.

I'll take possession of my order in two more weeks, but I'm very happy with the guys from Bel Air.

Dave

More pics of my ride at my daily photo blog!
Appreciate 0