BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-18-2016, 11:08 AM   #1
Boosted135i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

anti - trap sunroof when fixing window

ok so I initially had an issue with my drivers window being stuck 1/4 " down and the window wouldn't go down or up. I initially tried following a re-set idea I read on here to hold the window button down for 30 seconds hoping my drivers window would then go down and reset it self...instead when I did it caused my sunroof to open 1/2 way and it was then stuck as well.
I then followed instructions I read on here to hold the sunroof button up for 30 seconds which then allowed the roof to go through it's cycle and close which it did....but now I have an anti-trip sunroof code still displayed which I never had before trying to reset my drivers window.
I have now had the motor replaced in my door window but what can I do with the anti-trap code on my roof as it was fine before ?

fyi: the dealer is trying to tell me there is a battery in the sunroof motor that is slowly going bad and suggests replacing it in the near future for 500 bucks?......I think they are lying to me as the sunroof was 100% fine before attempting to reset my drivers window...and I have never heard of a battery in the sunroof motor...unless I am wrong ?
Appreciate 0